Missing my Motorhome already! (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Allanm

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Hi Allan, I pick my Broadway up tomorrow I've had the same as you with the crease between the fridge vents, also repairing minor damage to side where French woman caught our side. They are also hopefully finally fixing my wind up window over the cab.

John.
I am assuming all went well, apart from having to pay for a hab check?
I wanted to book mine in for its first service at Peugeot today and was quoted £460! I asked what it entails and was told they change the air and oil filters, oil and pollen filter, then check everything is still attached and adjusted properly. 2.5 hours work!
Thats about £40 or less for parts and £420 for 2.5 hours work.
I don't think so! I will be taking it to an independent recommended by our dealer.
On a good note, I was told that because of the mileage ( 18 months old and 15000 miles) It doesn't need a service till its 2 years old or covered 30,000 miles.
Because I still don't believe oil can last 30,000 miles, I changed the oil at 9000 and will probably do so again before its service is due.
Allan

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
I am assuming all went well, apart from having to pay for a hab check?
I wanted to book mine in for its first service at Peugeot today and was quoted £460! I asked what it entails and was told they change the air and oil filters, oil and pollen filter, then check everything is still attached and adjusted properly. 2.5 hours work!
Thats about £40 or less for parts and £420 for 2.5 hours work.
I don't think so! I will be taking it to an independent recommended by our dealer.
On a good note, I was told that because of the mileage ( 18 months old and 15000 miles) It doesn't need a service till its 2 years old or covered 30,000 miles.
Because I still don't believe oil can last 30,000 miles, I changed the oil at 9000 and will probably do so again before its service is due.
Allan

Yes Alan all went well, ours as now done 8300 miles in 7 months, I also changed the oil and filter at 4500miles before we went to Benidorm for the second time. I might change the oil again before we go to Benidorm in May. When its 2 years old in March 2016 I will get it serviced by Peugeot in case any software updates then I will sort mine myself after this.

John.

OP
OP
Allanm

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 1987
John, mine went into Peugeot a few months back to look at something under warranty and they updated the software for me while it was there. If yours is a 2014 model, it may well have the latest software installed.
Like you, I will be servicing it myself after its first major service.
Allan

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
Hi Allan, mines registered 2014, but it was 2013 model, I've also had it waxoiled this week including door cavities. This is our 5th motorhome in 10 years and the 3rd new one. I'm now retired and so we think this will have to see us out. I had a great job and salary to match but now recently on state pension and loving it.

John.

OP
OP
Allanm

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 1987
That's how it should be, we bought ours 4 years old and 4000 miles. We weren't complaining.
I can't believe people pay that much money for a motorhome then don't use it, mind you, it was a good buy for you! When we were looking to buy ours, we saw used ones with ridiculously low mileages. One we saw had been used only once for a trip to Spain and back and was being sold at 8 months old for 10k less than the purchase price. Thats one expensive holiday.
John, I retired early last november but have only just got my company pension. Mrs A was made redundant in March 2013 and got her full NHS pension straight away. I have another 7 years before I get my state pension and Mrs A, another 11.
We are quite comfortable as we are, but we intend to keep our van till it falls to pieces or I can no longer drive.
Next trip to France has been delayed, but should be at the end of this month.
Allan

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
I bought my first proper motorhome in 2006 and it was a 2005 Auto Sleeper Gatcombe limited edition, It had been used once only for a mother to take her disabled son to Lourds in France, it had done aprox 1500 miles ion 13 months. I part exchanged it in 2008 for a new Trigano Tribute 650, wish I new then what I know now about Auto Sleepers monocoque built motorhomes and I would still have the Gatcombe now.

John.

Ps enjoy your trip to France Allan.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back