Microsoft Edge my browsing answer. (1 Viewer)

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
For some months now navigating MHFun has been painfully slow, I have average 400mbs broadband , stacks of memory on my I pad , I clear history frequently and using either Safari or Chrome , no better.
I have Windows Edge on my laptop and trying it on I pad found it is much better with no delay in loading , an answer at last.

Aug 20, 2007
Leyland
Funster No
MH
Frankia I7300 BD
Exp
since 1997 (many years tugger before then)
Just started using microsoft edge on my laptop, but where is the menu toolbar, can't find it anywhere...

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
Just started using microsoft edge on my laptop, but where is the menu toolbar, can't find it anywhere...
... may have what you need. A sort of hamburger menu.

Err! What tool are you missing/needing? :LOL:

OP
OP
Larrynwin
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
A screen shot from my laptop , is that it the drop down on top right.

E79D4744-1B4F-4E49-B7B5-08C5F11F357F.jpeg

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Edge is just Chrome reskinned by Microsoft. I suspect if one is fast and the other slow, it is likely some extension you have installed.

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
:think:
Edge, like a few other newer style browsers has not got a traditional menu toolbar.

But people have thought of you if you need one here.
I haven't missed it.
What's not available with out it? Not sure.

Aug 20, 2007
Leyland
Funster No
MH
Frankia I7300 BD
Exp
since 1997 (many years tugger before then)
:think:
Edge, like a few other newer style browsers has not got a traditional menu toolbar.

But people have thought of you if you need one here.
I haven't missed it.
What's not available with out it? Not sure.
Ok...think I downloaded that...I click on a + sign adjacent the web address and a dropdown appears in green 'proper menu bar is on'...but how do i get that menu bar to 'go horizontal' and stay there?

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Just so you know, Edge is based on google Chrome and uses exactly the same rendering engine. So it is basically Chrome with a skin. It can even use the same addons I am led to believe.

BTW, don't get too excited about your speed. We have been working on a speed issue with the server and think we sorted it late last week earlier this week. So you moving to Edge may not have been the cure....

OP
OP
Larrynwin
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Just so you know, Edge is based on google Chrome and uses exactly the same rendering engine. So it is basically Chrome with a skin. It can even use the same addons I am led to believe.

BTW, don't get too excited about your speed. We have been working on a speed issue with the server and think we sorted it late last week earlier this week. So you moving to Edge may not have been the cure....
At the moment I keep Chrome and Safari available so I can compare but so far Edge has the edge and is much faster.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
Edge is just Chrome reskinned by Microsoft. I suspect if one is fast and the other slow, it is likely some extension you have installed.
[pedant]I’m sure you know it’s Google’s Chromium browser source code that MS Edge and Google Chrome are based on.[/pedant]
With “improvements” Edge is using Chrome’s renderer though 👍🏻

To get early access to a bug fix, I used to use the Chromium browser.
Other than a different colour icon and it maybe missing a full browser feature or two, you’d think it was Chrome though 😆

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back