MH Nostalgia - They don't make them like they used to.. (1 Viewer)

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
..which is probably just as well really, having owned one of them.

I've been literally tearing through a pile of old magazines from the 60s and 70s to extract the adverts for resale, and I happened upon these little gems of Motorhoming nostalgia which I thought I'd share with you. From 1974 and 1978 respectively:

Broken Link Removed

Broken Link Removed
At least with the Auto home and Highwayman looks like you could easily convert them into burger vans ;)

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I had a Commer self build way back and went to the south of France with it. Bought for £400 and sold for £500 2 years later. A couple bought it and drove out to Corfu in it. Last I heard it was still out there about 5 years ago. I quite liked it, but it was not good on fuel with that 1725cc petrol engine. I was much slimmer then, so it wasnt my weight that slowed it down. maybe something to do with the length of motorway crash barrier I bolted on the back to carry my motorbike.
kays favourites 003.jpg

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
I had a Commer self build way back and went to the south of France with it. Bought for £400 and sold for £500 2 years later. A couple bought it and drove out to Corfu in it. Last I heard it was still out there about 5 years ago. I quite liked it, but it was not good on fuel with that 1725cc petrol engine. I was much slimmer then, so it wasnt my weight that slowed it down. maybe something to do with the length of motorway crash barrier I bolted on the back to carry my motorbike.View attachment 153187
"maybe something to do with the length of motorway crash barrier I bolted on the back to carry my motorbike".
You are the catalyst for EU Conformity regulations :Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back