MH Electrician recommendation near Glasgow / West Scotland (1 Viewer)

gerry mcg

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2016
Glasgow, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Globecar 600L Revn
Exp
since 2016
I’m looking for a reliable auto electrician that can fit a 1000W or thereabouts pure sine wave inverter into our Globecar Revolution 600 (the primary purpose is so we can charge my wife’s eMTB if we are off the grid) - (see the discussion in the thread https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/inverters-and-how-you-use-them.239300/ below and recommendations for a victron multiplus inverter charger) I’d quite like the option of being able to switch off the inverter when not in use so we can minimise the draw on off..and i liked the idea of being able to pass inverter supply to the existing 230v sockets in the van.

The van currently has 190Ah Varta AGM leisure batteries with a 150W solar panel via a VictronConnect 75/15 MPPT solar controller - on board 12v electrics are via a Shauldt EBL119.

I’m also thinking of fitting a Schaudt battery booster (either WA121525 or WA121545 or Stirling B2B equivalent`) fitted at the same time to increase charge rate to the has batteries when under engine

Is there a recommendation for a good auto electrician in Glasgow area Who would be able to do this - clearly I need someone familiar with Motorhome 12v systems.
A visit to Cornish Farm would be my preference, but this is a bit of a challenge at the moment....

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
What about this lot, they do conversions and fit lithium so must know their way round 12v electrics. I have never used them so this isn’t a recommendation.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Have you tried Ross autos at BBriggs? They used to do all my work but last time I went it was pretty expensive so I stopped using them and started using Hannah who have now ceased trading, I believe they started up again in the name Mullstar. I had the guys mobile number but damned if I can find it now.

Last edited:
OP
OP
gerry mcg

gerry mcg

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2016
Glasgow, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Globecar 600L Revn
Exp
since 2016
Nope, but I can speak with them if they are recommended.
I'd prefer recommendations rather than picking a number from yellow pages / Google

OP
OP
gerry mcg

gerry mcg

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2016
Glasgow, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Globecar 600L Revn
Exp
since 2016
What about this lot, they do conversions and fit lithium so must know their way round 12v electrics. I have never used them so this isn’t a recommendation.
In Clydebank? My wife passes them on her way to work... I'll make an enquiry (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Nope, but I can speak with them if they are recommended.
I'd prefer recommendations rather than picking a number from yellow pages / Google
Actually as far as van work is concerned they only ever fitted a cut out switch that cost me £130 , everything else was car work but always very good.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back