Mercedes vario 814 self build bus to FLT palace (2 Viewers)

Pugsy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 3, 2018
D&G
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Watching all the work you're doing tam. I think you might deserve my plate more than me. Great posts by the way
I nearly bought this van for the plate a couple of years ago. The owner of Roadpro was selling it (7k) at a rally i was i was attending at Stratford Race course.

Hope this link works:LOL:.

Cheers Cris

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I nearly bought this van for the plate a couple of years ago. The owner of Roadpro was selling it (7k) at a rally i was i was attending at Stratford Race course.

Hope this link works:LOL:.

Cheers Cris
I remember John had a few conversations with him when I was in the trade. He passed on 2 or 3 years ago.

• Informative
Reactions: f6c

Pugsy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 3, 2018
D&G
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 2012
I remember John had a few conversations with him when I was in the trade. He passed on 2 or 3 years ago.
I never met him but had his book bought for me when i did my van. His wife sold it just after he passed away to Richard, ( i think thats his name) the owner of Roadpro, who was doing a talk at the rally and showed me around the van.I was very tempted to buy it for the plate but wife talked me out off it.:cautious: .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 2, 2020
Funster No
MH
Self conversion merc
Exp
Since 1998
It wasn't my plate I've had it 18 years .
It might have been D1Y MC

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
After ive been thinking about it a while I've decided to change the varios name 🤦‍♂️. Partly because my other Instagram with my travel blog is @the_boondockin_ bums and when the vario is finished ill be mainly using that account ....ive changed its name to 🥁🥁🥁🥁🥁Boonie!! ...@Boonie_the_vario 😁

Pugsy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 3, 2018
D&G
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 2012
After ive been thinking about it a while I've decided to change the varios name 🤦‍♂️. Partly because my other Instagram with my travel blog is @the_boondockin_ bums and when the vario is finished ill be mainly using that account ....ive changed its name to 🥁🥁🥁🥁🥁Boonie!! ...@Boonie_the_vario 😁
You need to wait until the 31st to rename it Booooo👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻nie . 🦇🦇💀💀.😁

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Im in mine everyday lol
Which one might that be then Tam? 😄

These are the photos I took, inside they have an offside sofa-bed, kitchen opposite, then toilet and wardrobe facing (I assume that's what they were as I didn't venture in), at the end they have a lower single bunk which can be folded up to form a storage area and an upper small double bunk (bunks for the 3 grandkids).

IMG_20211016_153149.jpg
IMG_20211016_153224.jpg
IMG_20211016_153236.jpg
IMG_20211016_153247.jpg

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
Connected the batteries today and fired it up ..first time in over 3 months and it fired on first turn and sat purring away for a good 40 minutes. ...love the grunt of this 4.2 lump .
Wow, I didn’t realise they had such big engines. Is it turbocharged as well? As has been said many times there’s no substitute for cubes.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Well I'm happy to get an average of 19mpg. But of course we're always full so about 5.9 ton. Doesn't seam to make any difference whether cruising payage or stop start on back roads
My frankia only got 20mpg so i figured it would likely be the lower end of the estimate

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I thought the gas problem was with not having bottles not the actual gas itself

Ive ran out of gas in my caravan and ive now phoned 7 different outlets within a 20 Mile radius of me and can't get gas 🤦‍♂️ ive only 2 x 4.5kg bottles in this caravan and no one has any ....its a bloody nightmare.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007

Ive ran out of gas in my caravan and ive now phoned 7 different outlets within a 20 Mile radius of me and can't get gas 🤦‍♂️ ive only 2 x 4.5kg bottles in this caravan and no one has any ....its a bloody nightmare.
I thought it was availability of bottles to refill.
Hence none available to exchange.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp

4.5kg? are you on butane, I would expect that to work in Scotland at this time of year.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting

The initial problem months back/still is ,was lack of bottles. now it is lack of gas supplies as well.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
4.5kg? are you on butane, I would expect that to work in Scotland at this time of year.
Yeah the caravan had butane bottles in it ...i only use them for cooking nothing else and id hoped id enough to last till i head off in 2 weeks .

The 7kg propane that came with the iveco is also empty ...i have the gasit bottle to fit in that the first dry day i get this week. I also need to check all the pipes and connections as i think it might be leaking somewhere.

But just had a message from derek Razamataz saying he has full bottles of calor so might be sorted.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Yeah the caravan had butane bottles in it ...i only use them for cooking nothing else and id hoped id enough to last till i head off in 2 weeks .

The 7kg propane that came with the iveco is also empty ...i have the gasit bottle to fit in that the first dry day i get this week. I also need to check all the pipes and connections as i think it might be leaking somewhere.

But just had a message from derek Razamataz saying he has full bottles of calor so might be sorted.
Get yourself one of these.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back