Rally Maypole Bash at Old Mo's, 4th May to 8th May (1 Viewer)

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I'm really sorry but cannot make this meet any longer..... at least the reserve list is healthy. Thanks and have a good time everyone

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

triclops

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2013
Bury
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Born again
Please can you take us off the reserve list as we are no longer free that weekend

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Forewarned.

We have had a working party here this weekend Trimming tree`s etc and dummy run with "Marquee" putting up...

All have been on Hard Standings, so no problems...

But what with torrential rain the organisers and myself think there is every possibility if the rain keeps on as it has
We MAY have to cancel this rally ... :crying1:

Part of the field is firm and OK..... but problems will arise getting "Funsters" to those pitches... No huge puddles but the ground is very soft under foot and would not take any vehicle`s...

So the end line is...... we need a few sunny days to dry it out and little or no rain over the rally period..

Please keep an eye on this thread those that are booked and keep every thing crossed for a change in this awful weather over the next few weeks... :pray2:

Just for @Ambilkate sake (The organisers) ..... They have and are putting so much effort into this being a "Fun Rally to remember...

:Ta2:

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Cheers for the forwarning Mo, fingers crossed for some dry weather.

I was really looking forward to seeing your new place and Judy (you too;))
X

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Cheers for the forwarning Mo, fingers crossed for some dry weather.

I was really looking forward to seeing your new place and Judy (you too;))
X

Thanks Debs.......... We were looking forwards to catching up with you.. (y)

Just over a month so hopefully things will change... :pray2:

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
59629DA8-761D-4646-AAD3-BF6D808E2D84.jpeg

Gross or what - but you get my meaning Mo .......

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Dummy Run...

Had a few stay with us over the weekend...

For a trial run putting up the "Pop-Up" tent for the May bank holiday rally..

Few hiccups but bearing in mind the size it all went well.. even though we have a load of poles left over.. :RollEyes: They will come in handy for something, I`m sure.. :giggler:

Few evening get together`s with some lovely folk.... (y) :cheers: :drink: :beerchug:

And some food to die for..... smashing.. Thanks to all the girls & a man or two.. :wink:

Was going to take tent down and re-erect in a month, but the weather put paid to that...

So have decided to leave it up and hopefully if the rain stops and the rally goes ahead will leave it to the elements...

Must be the only Marquee with an indoor mud bath and swimming pool.. :giggler:

Not sure but if we get some gorgeous :sun: :hot: whether the grass inside will green up enough for next time, so "WHEN" the May-Pole bash goes ahead might need the first 12-14 strong men to arrive on site to lift it up in one lump and re-position.. (y) Please... :*

Thanks to all who came this weekend and helped out in atrocious conditions.. (y)

Hope you all got home OK...

And those feeling under the weather and after drying out and getting warm, hope you are on the mend soon... :lips:

Again Many Thanks..

Maurice & Judy.
XXX

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
While at "soggy mo's" :whistle: this Easter weekend, I ventured out with my dodgy ticker, knee and hip (y) to locate and discover National cycle track no55 that locally runs between Stafford and Newport on the old railway line.
So he is a bit of info and remember times are really on a slow walk basis.

From Mo's CL turn left out the gate, a short walk to the Shropshire Inn pub and next left into Station Rd.
Follow the road and you will come to a car park on the left and easy access onto the cycle path / walkway.
Approx 0.6miles and 10 mins walk.
IMG_20180331_113720.jpg

From the car park onto the track, no barriers and almost flat access.
IMG_20180331_113812.jpg

The Track has "shingle" in most areas and good flat ground. NOTE. this was the real wet Easter weekend weather so Guess conditions can only get better.
IMG_20180331_113902.jpg
IMG_20180331_113855.jpg

We took the East route and a 2 mile walk to Gnosall village. Tea room and a few local pubs in the area. From the CL to Gnosall took us 1hr 10mins.
From here we caught the No5 bus into Newport, the local old market town. Spent a few hours (inc pub stop) then no5 bus back to Mo's where the bus stops just a few meters away from CL (y)(y)

For those with cycles I can see it being a nice opportunity to venture both to Newport and Stafford, Both of which are around 5-6 miles in opposite directions.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Is that a Canal or a road bridge, Steve..??
It is the road bridge from where you join the track at Station rd. Go under and that way is Stafford.

Ref the junction of the track and the A518 just down from the CL site which can be seen on maps. Not recommended as main road can be busy and no footpaths, there is no official entrance, although it does appear people have used that as a joining point with worn tracks and broken bushes. very steep and slippery sides to get down to the track.

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Last two departed..... :(

You can all come back....

Sun is out and it`s positively warm... :swear2:

Got the fire pit lit for a barbie... :doh: :rofl:

Mar 18, 2012
Loch Lomond Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
Hi Maurice,

I hope that you are both keeping well, and enjoying yourselves,

I won't be able to make it to your Maypole meet, due to a number of reasons, but seeing as i am still on the reserve list it shouldn't present too many problems ha ha,

My best wishes for for very successful meet,

Ken :drink::drink::drink::drink::drink::drink:

OP
OP
Ambilkate

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Hi Maurice,

I hope that you are both keeping well, and enjoying yourselves,

I won't be able to make it to your Maypole meet, due to a number of reasons, but seeing as i am still on the reserve list it shouldn't present too many problems ha ha,

My best wishes for for very successful meet,

Ken :drink::drink::drink::drink::drink::drink:
Thanks for letting us know Ken x

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Hi folks, we're going to have to pull out of this rally I'm afraid. Our whippet, Blue is very poorly again as his IMHA has flared up since we reduced his steroids in February and things presently aren't looking too good for him.

OP
OP
Ambilkate

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Hi folks, we're going to have to pull out of this rally I'm afraid. Our whippet, Blue is very poorly again as his IMHA has flared up since we reduced his steroids in February and things presently aren't looking too good for him.

Hi thankyou for letting us know so sorry to hear Blue is poorly hugs sent x
Kind regards Kate

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Yay!!! We've made it on to the list for Old Mo's rally, however our fridge has ceased to work on gas and isn't booked into the dealer until after the rally. Would anyone have a 12v cool box they could loan us for the duration please. Thanks.

OP
OP
Ambilkate

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Yay!!! We've made it on to the list for Old Mo's rally, however our fridge has ceased to work on gas and isn't booked into the dealer until after the rally. Would anyone have a 12v cool box they could loan us for the duration please. Thanks.

Glad you made it on main list x We have room for some items we could put in our fridge if needed . I'm sure others would be able to help out as well if needed

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
Since 2016, caravans before that, folding Caravan, tents before that
Happy for you to put any alcohol INmy fridge, but you may not get it OUT again!:D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back