Maxxair query (1 Viewer)

Sep 25, 2018
Funster No
MH
Chausson 628eb Ford 170
Exp
September 2019
Greetings
I have read many of the posts in this section but am none the wiser. This is probably a stupid question but here goes.
We are experienced motorhomers but have no knowledge of the Maxxair systems.
In our last motorhome we had a very expensive roof air con system fitted, a Dometic. I was very unhappy with it. We never hook up as we wild camp. I dislike camp sites. The first time we used it on the very, very high lithium battery system it drained the whole battery in 35 minutes while at the same time not being particularly cold.
In short it was a complete waste of money.
Now, the Maxxair query.
As I understand these are fans built into a skylight. Do they suck air in to the van or pull hot air inside up and out?
Do any of the various models actually have an air-con or cooling system?
We are off to Greece for probably two months in October/November but particularly in October it can get very hot.
Any advice gratefully received.
Kind regards to all.
Paulus

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
They are just fans. They can run in either direction. They can pull a substantial amount of air without too much power. And they are pretty quiet on the lower settings. With smart use of shading, reflective screens and ventilation strategies, you can stay considerably more comfortable at higher temperatures.

But you're still going to cook when it hits 40C.

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
I have one fitted to my PVC. You can switch it to pull air in or suck out. They are a reversible fan so no aircon. We make sure that when it is hot we open a small window and a traditional skylight and have the Maxxfan on sucking out that way you are getting throughput of fresh air through the whole van.
Battery wise, the Maxxfan is a veritable speed but even at its highest setting the power draw is low.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
The MaxxFan Deluxe is a very nice piece if kit. Well engineered. Easy to fit. Looks like it'll last. I'm less impressed with the light-blind add-on. You can't close the blind and run the fan. But at least it provides a bit of a thermal barrier when it's cold.

We got the light smoke hood. I think I would have preferred the heavy smoke. In the summer, we leave it running all night directly over the drop-down bed all night. It'd be nice if it was a bit less bright in the mornings (because we can't close the blind).

Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
Fan-tastic vents are similar and we have two. Found that pulling in one and pushing out the other moves a lot of air.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back