Maxview Dome Help (1 Viewer)

May 30, 2013
Vale of Glamorgan, Barry, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Since 2010
My 3 year old Maxview VuQube 2 stopped working about 12 months ago. I started making enquiries about getting it fixed but Maxview do not have agents and operate a return to base service. They told me it was a simple job to remove the 4 bolts fixing the dome. I am a not very practical, but pretty active 68 year old with arthritis and this morning tried to do this. However, despite having a wide range of spanners etc a I cannot find one that will do the job because of the restrictive plastic moulding around the bolt.
Since purchasing the van new with the dome fitted as an extra we have moved to another part of the country and I am wondering if anyone can advise me how to do it or recommend a friendly reliable person/company in the Cardiff/Vale area of South Wales who could.
Any help would be appreciated.

Apr 30, 2018
Mid Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670DC
Exp
Motorhoming since 2018.
JonJo. Unfortunately I can't directly help you, however, if you put Maxview VuQube into the search facility (top right hand corner of front page) there's some really useful tips on sorting out problems with them.

Upvote 0

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
Would a cheap socket set from Toolstation or Screwfix help? They tend to have long sockets included in the set which might be the answer to access being limited?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Griff097

LIFE MEMBER
May 19, 2021
Cardiff, UK
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
My 3 year old Maxview VuQube 2 stopped working about 12 months ago. I started making enquiries about getting it fixed but Maxview do not have agents and operate a return to base service. They told me it was a simple job to remove the 4 bolts fixing the dome. I am a not very practical, but pretty active 68 year old with arthritis and this morning tried to do this. However, despite having a wide range of spanners etc a I cannot find one that will do the job because of the restrictive plastic moulding around the bolt.
Since purchasing the van new with the dome fitted as an extra we have moved to another part of the country and I am wondering if anyone can advise me how to do it or recommend a friendly reliable person/company in the Cardiff/Vale area of South Wales who could.
Any help would be appreciated.
If you send me a message with your address I will see if I can help I have a small job to do in Cardiff and may be able to pop in?

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back