Banned
Apr 23, 2018
Brizzle at the moment
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Limited experience
Might be legal in the UK but I wouldn't like to try it anywhere else. Gambling (outside of the UK particularly) tends to attract the sort of people who don't have a problem with the sound of breaking bones.........

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Hellski

Free Member
Mar 28, 2016
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 76 LE
Exp
I highly recommend a YouTube blogger known as Corkie, his videos will give you all the information you will need and is a great resource for anyone considering match betting or as I like to call it, match investments ;)

Stonemags76

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2011
Derbyshire Dales
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleepers Warwick Duo
Exp
Full Time 2011-2013, now part timers!
Try a site called Odds Monkey for more detailed and simple explanations . I did it for a couple of years, and made good money. You have to be very organised, keep good records, and don’t take every offer (the bookies will then restrict their offers to you, & it will run its course). There is still steady money to be made, but the glory days have passed.

Twogirls

Free Member
Mar 21, 2016
ESSEX
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 300
Exp
Since 2014
Anyone heard about it, we hadn't. Was watching a YouTube clip yesterday on a couple living full time in their van and this is the way they make a living whilst travelling. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matched_betting

we hadn't heard of it until your post so read up on it. Started on thurs 9th August, as of today we are £196.40 in profit and we had made two beginners mistakes which reduced our profit!

so thank you @Sundowners, we owe you a drink :LOL:

Twogirls

Free Member
Mar 21, 2016
ESSEX
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 300
Exp
Since 2014
Getting better at it now, we've joined Oddsmonkey as suggested by @Stonemags76, great site and very helpful and informative. 9 days in now we're just over £300 in profit. Have stuck to horse racing so far, not tried any other sports betting.

The funniest thing is, many of our horses have been winners, which you don't particularly want in Match betting as it gives you money in your bookmakers account but depletes your exchange account so you have to switch your funds around.

It's simpler when none of your horses win but of course it's sods law. If we were betting in the hope of winning in the normal way you can bet they'd all be losers ;)

Stonemags76

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2011
Derbyshire Dales
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleepers Warwick Duo
Exp
Full Time 2011-2013, now part timers!
Getting better at it now, we've joined Oddsmonkey as suggested by @Stonemags76, great site and very helpful and informative. 9 days in now we're just over £300 in profit. Have stuck to horse racing so far, not tried any other sports betting.

The funniest thing is, many of our horses have been winners, which you don't particularly want in Match betting as it gives you money in your bookmakers account but depletes your exchange account so you have to switch your funds around.

It's simpler when none of your horses win but of course it's sods law. If we were betting in the hope of winning in the normal way you can bet they'd all be losers ;)
My advice would be to jump on the football now it’s started, as horse racing tends to attract the attention of the bookies, and you may be more likely to get gubbed! It’s all about keeping the accounts going for the longest time! Good luck! Wish I could start again, knowing what I know now!

Hellski

Free Member
Mar 28, 2016
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 76 LE
Exp
Bet365 2up can be profitable when they come in, made a tidy £248 from one during the World Cup(y)

As per @Stonemags76 comment, try not to do too many horses unless during a special meet like Cheltenham or the Grand National.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Enjoy your winnings.. but take care..

Match betting makes gambling attractive.. how can you lose ?

but an easy way to get addicted, why do you think a bookie would give a free bet ?

Hellski

Free Member
Mar 28, 2016
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 76 LE
Exp
I agree @scotjimland, if you’ not strong willed you could easily decide not to lay a bet and take a punt (gamble) but not in this house;)

I much prefer to play the bookies at their own game until they decide to gubb me that is.

Anyone that is considering match betting needs to do their research and most important to keep a strict record of the bets you place and lay.

For those that remain disciplined, doing it right putting the time and effort in will bring big rewards.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back