Jul 12, 2012
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Burstner A class 3 berth
Exp
since 2004 caravans before that
Malvern Ext

Thoroughly enjoyed the weekend but it was a bit too big for us and we probably wouldn't go again. Still, it was good to see some old faces and meet new ones. Thanks to all those who worked so hard to make things go so well.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
but it was a bit too big for us and we probably wouldn't go again.

You need to look up Bring and Buy, Misterton and Eden Camp. Not too many people, all FUNsters and no stands. All next year now.

More adventurous, then Portugal and/or Spain.

Even more adventurous, Morocco.

I think we'd have more small meets if this culture of bribing people to go with bacon and events had not grown up. I once suggested a meet in the Peak District but was charged with Funster Abuse when the site wanted over a tenner a night.

june123

Free Member
Jul 12, 2012
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Burstner A class 3 berth
Exp
since 2004 caravans before that
I think the Peak District is worth £20 a night.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Well, wasn't that Fun?

Great people, great venue, great weather, great bacon butties - what more could you ask for?

Thanks to all the marshals, the cooks and cake makers, the BBQ hosts, the musicians that joined us and Jim & Sian for creating such a fantastic club. :Smile:

MrMotorhome

Funster
Deceased RIP
May 19, 2009
Funster No
Thank you Jim and Sian, Pamelaaaar and Brisey and all who helped make a wonderful weekend.

Carol and Andrew

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We arrived home about 1:45pm after an uneventful journey but glad we stopped for an early lunch at Woodall Services as there was an ambulance arriving at a very nasty looking accident near the A1/M1/A64 junction as we got there. Hope nobody was seriously hurt.

Many thanks to all who put in hard work to make Malvern a great event for everyone. Nice to meet some old and some new faces as usual.

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Excellent meet - thanks to all, Jim & Sian and marshals all. What a good time was had by all!

Catherine

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
just got home from a weekend somewhere but i cant remember its all a blur i know i was near some hills and some places smelt of some form of bovine shite still it must have been good cause im still smiling :winky:

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
This was our first Malvern Show, and we hope it's not our last.
We had a smashing time too, and a lot of that was down to the hard work and efforts of all the Marshals. Good on you guys. :thumb:
Cheers for now,

Jock & Rita.

::bigsmile: That's ditto from us. Thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience of our FIRST FUN WEEKEND. Looking forward to many more and thanks to all for making us feel so welcome. :thumb:

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
a big thank you to all the Marshall's for all the hard work, its a hard compromise " informal organisation" many thanks for the weekend.:thumb:

we've moved on to Montgomery area for rest of week :thumb:

litcher

Free Member
Sep 30, 2012
RH4 2AN
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2004
Back home, feet up and cuppa in hand, after my first Funsters rally. Great meeting friends old and new. Thanks to all organisers, entertainers and friendly people for making it such a great weekend.

Viv

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
Many thanks to Jim, Siân and all the marshals for their hard work. JJ in particular deserves a medal - his ability to get all the Funsters parked up while making it look like he only dealt with 2 of them (allegedly) just proves he can perform optical illusion. Thanks also to Doug for helping me set up the tent on Friday :thumb:

On the rare occasions that I turn up to these meets I always feel like the square peg encountering the round hole, and probably always will. So a special thanks to all the people who welcomed me back (old friends and new), fed and 'watered' me :Blush:, drew my winning raffle ticket :yeah:, said 'good morning' each day as I trudged all the way down to the crappy showers, and went out of their way to make me feel more comfortable. I'm not always able to return the favour but it is always appreciated.

A safe journey back to all those still on the road.

(PS it's a shame ShiftZZ had to turn up on Saturday and spoils things a bit).

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007

Having just ridden round it for an hour I have to agree. Stunning area. But not easy. The campsite in Castleton I had in mind has nothing a quick walk away. It needs a pair of wheels or strong legs to get the best out of it.

The Bring and Buy at Wrenbury has a nice village and canal walks.

Misterton has a nice village and walks to a micro brewery thrown in.

Eden Camp has a WW2 exhibition.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022

The first Fun meet we attended was a Friday-Sunday one in 2007 at Laneside CP in Hope, organised by Pammy & Geo. We had a walk into Castleton on the Saturday morning, returning via the fields. We could have visited one or more of the caves but chose not to on that occasion. There are some good pubs for decent ale and food in Hope.

Ladyrunner

Free Member
Apr 27, 2009
Sussex
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
6 happy years !!
Got home late last night after a wonderful weekend with the Funsters at Malvern :Smile:. Thank you to all the Marshalls and fellow members for being so friendly.

The Saturday night entertainment was brilliant :Cool:. I really enjoyed singing along and dancing in my chair with Amber my dog flat out on my lap. The bacon sandwiches were very tasty :thumb: and I hope a lot of money was raised towards the cost of the new event shelters for future Rallies.

Julie :Smile:

Pat and Trish

Free Member
Jun 22, 2012
New Forest
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache
Exp
3 years
Our second fun meet and after this and Wrenbury we are not sure how it gets any better :Smile:
Nice to put some more names to faces and make new friends.
Big thanks to Jim and his band of merry men & woman for a great time and to all the entertainers :thumb:

Pat and Trish

Free Member
Jun 22, 2012
New Forest
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache
Exp
3 years
The Saturday night entertainment was brilliant :Cool:. I really enjoyed singing along and dancing in my chair with Amber my dog flat out on my lap.
Julie :Smile:

Julie
Nice meeting you, Amber is a real star and wonderful advert for a rescue dog you are so lucky :thumb:

Oct 22, 2012
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Roller Team T590
Exp
Setup at Castleton CC now. A fairly regular place we visit and enjoy. So a few extra days before we have to go home. Thanks to all Funsters and especially those who worked and played to make it a special event.
This was our 3rd meet and it just gets better.

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
The tames are now home and after what was a complete disaster with my OWN stupidity and did not click fun link so we ended up on genral camping field as far away from funsters as possible:Doh::Sad:

And elaine has knackerd her back so no walking around too much for us :cry:

Now for the good bit we have had a fantstic weekend met some great people on genral site :thumb:

Moral of this story is book by phone and say fun please
We will definitely be going back next year but with fun rabble:thumb:

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Yes, we've been home for a few hours now but had a fabulous weekend. A big thank you to the marshals for all their hard work and also Barrie, Janine, Stuart, Makems and the other musicians, whose names escape me. They made it almost the best rally we've attended. ::bigsmile:

Ivy and Sandy

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
Hi guys

Thanks Pamalaar, brisey, Jim and Sian, Carol and eddie, Lunarman, JJ for a lovely meet.

We didnt get home until midnight, thankfully not much traffic or lorries on the road and managed a steady 50mph so returned well over 15 miles per gallon.

Thanks to those who shared our enthusiam for our chosen path.

Thanks to the funsters band its great to see you all together and jamming to songs that we can all sing along too.

Until next time

Pat

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Thanks to Pamelaar Brisey Lunarman JJ and Frankie, Carol & Eddie for marshalling the largest Funster Meet ever.

Thanks to all the musicians that provided entertainment.

Thanks to everyone who donate raffle prizes

and thanks to every funster who attended because without you there would be NO FUN

a big thanks to the funsters who supplied food and drink to share, especially on sunday afternoon

Hope everyone's got to their next destination safely

panda

Free Member
Dec 16, 2011
notts
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
since 1996
We had a great weekend thanks to the marvellous marshalls,musicians and mad members!!! Met some really nice people and hope to see them again at other Rallies::bigsmile: Ann,Mick,John and Sam

themogs

Free Member
Oct 23, 2012
Wales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Not Long Enough.
:Smile:Hi funsters everywhere,
Just got back from Malvern :roflmto:....what a weekend !!!!:thumb:
Can't believe it's over :cry:
Thanks to everyone for their contributions.....Jim, Sian & family; all the great marshalls; Tony & Gail (mycampersbeentrashed) for Sunday; all the musicians & haka performing New Zealanders.
We had a ball :thumb::thumb:

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
What a great weekend, need to go into re-hab now but it was worth it!

Big thank you to all the marshalls and Jim and Sian. Made many new friends and lots of happy memories.

Special thanks to Gail for doggy sitting while we went cycling and to Haggers for providing my personal drinks cabinet, much appreciated.

petensal

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2012
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Overcab
Exp
Since Sept 2009
Thanks to all the marshals for the organization.
Thanks to all the band for the entertainment.
Thanks to all for the great company.
And thanks to others for the Sunday morning headache.
Sally and Pete

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
There were still a few vans left on the Funsters pitch when we left Malvern at mid-day. We are now just a few miles down the road at the C&CC Blackmore site. A big thank you from us to our fellow marshals, Lunarman (John& Angie), JJ & Frankie, Carol & Eddie, not forgetting Doug who helped us out when we were very busy. Our thanks also to the Funsters band, you guys get better at every meet. Thanks also go to Sian, Jim and family for all of the admin work that is carried out before we even get to the meet. Last but not least a big thank you to all of the Funsters who attended for making the meet such a great occasion.
We look forward to seeing many of you again at the Lincoln Show.
Safe travels to you all.

Brisey &Pamelaaar.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
What a great meet, very large, but full of fun, we had a brilliant time, great company, good weather the funsters musicians who gave their time so willingly and our fellow marshals and of course Jim & Saîn who without them it would never had happened. Thank you.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 51

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread