LV let me down again Im very angry and unhappy (2 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jul 13, 2023
All over Europe now
Funster No
MH
Adria 680ST Gold
My Moho went into repair on 16th April and was told it would be fixed and returned no later than 29 April ,, LV have repeatedly told me its ready for collection 4 times over last month but now told it wont be ready till 4 June .. maybe ??? They have all the parts the repairs are complete and its been repainted , i went to see it last week just needs some finishing and making good and checking all of it works , but I have a 6 week trip and ferry booked for 4th june to EU .. So now I will have to cancel trip as i need to give it a shakedown . Its a complete screwup,,,,

I no longer trust LV at all

Also Im trying to arranged insurance for my motorcycles ,, but am being refused quotes ,,, due to LV not telling me what the status of my claim is from the Motorhome accident in November,, The police and Highways reports say its not my fault,the other guy clearly hit me hit me when he drifted into my lane on M27 they have CCTV ,,,The Other parties insurers say its my fault according to some very unclear dashcam footage and LV want me to go 50/50 or accept responsibility for the accident ..so I have made official notice to Ombudsman . This is now a total nightmare and makes me think that the MOHO is giving me too many problems and maybe life would be simpler with out it ...

Ad in the issues with DVLA and C1 that im having
..all of this is giving me stress I dont need .

May 16, 2023
Funster No
MH
Bailey Alliance 66-2
LV keep phoning me saying the repairs are completed and i can collect it ,, but its not ready ??? why are they telling me that???
Insurance companys just act as an agent for the repairer. Just find the repairer and deal direct, it's lots less faff. You know you always have the right to pick your own repairer too?

In my last accident, the insurance company were delaying paying the repairer, which was what was ACTUALLY holding up the vehcile release.

Upvote 0
Jul 20, 2023
Battle, East Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
Devon Aztec XL Auto
Exp
Limited motorhome and campervan hire previously.
Our experience with LV has been generally fantastic,no grief from them at all. The delays if any are with the contractors, currently we are waiting on a replacement from door to complete our subsidence claim, all other works have been complete for several weeks.
Previously we had two car claims in less than a month apart and they covered both with no drama at all.
Our record had been squeaky clean prior to that.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Razamataz

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 18, 2018
Dunfermline, Fife, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia I7400plus
Exp
Since March 2018
i was side swiped from behind.
a salesman in a company car was in soooooo much of a hurry.... he just had to overtake me on a roundabout...and he hit me.
contacted INSURANCE and they as soon as I mentioned roundabout said tooo hard to prove fault that blame was 50/50.
10 weeks later HIS insurance is comming after meeee!!!!!!
As a result of pending claim......Bike....Car and Motorhome premiums have all increased and will affect for years:mad:

Upvote 0

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
None
a salesman in a company car was in soooooo much of a hurry.... he just had to overtake me on a roundabout...and he hit me.
contacted INSURANCE and they as soon as I mentioned roundabout said tooo hard to prove fault that blame was 50/50.
As a result of pending claim......Bike....Car and Motorhome premiums have all increased and will affect for years:mad:
no dash-cam footage ?

Upvote 0
Dec 2, 2019
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Broken most bits now
Did the salesman understeer into you or were you cutting across the roundabout?

Upvote 0
Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Travel Van
Exp
Few years now
I run dash cams in all my vehicles after a non fault accident dragged on for 18 months. Cost me a fortune in insurance due to the claim not being settled. 3rd party eventually admitted fault 2 days before court date.
It cost me @ £1000 in increased insurance which i wasn't able to claim back and many hours of tome dealing with the claim. Dash cam would have made it a lot less painfull, i would advise everyone to get one fitted.

Upvote 0

Razamataz

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 18, 2018
Dunfermline, Fife, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia I7400plus
Exp
Since March 2018
Did the salesman understeer into you or were you cutting across the roundabout?
Definitely I said he hit me
I drive within the white lines…….,Not cutting across
The other driver was a total clown 🤡

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
May 16, 2023
Funster No
MH
Bailey Alliance 66-2
It cost me @ £1000 in increased insurance which i wasn't able to claim back and many hours of tome dealing with the claim. Dash cam would have made it a lot less painfull, i would advise everyone to get one fitted.
Ditto, without a Dash cam our last accident would have resulted in a 100% fault against us, instead it was fully settled against the idiot who deliberately reversed into us.

Remember in London and some cities you get cash for crash type people who will reverse into you at junctions and "claim" against insurance for whiplash etc against you (there will be 3-4 people in car, so it's 3-4 against one) unless they can see a visable dashcam. I've literally seen it happen enough times now (to vehciles in an adjacent lane) that I'm quite cynical about it. Your claims they reversed into you will be negated by the 4 people saying you drove into the back of them ....
I do provide MY footage when it captures this going on, it's why I have a wifi dashcam now, as it's literally a 2 min job to stop, speak with the person who was wronged and send via imessage or email my footage for their insurance counter claim.

If you don't have a dashcam you are opening yourself to cash for crash type incidents, and no guantees others will be nice and do what I have done.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back