LPG tank on Eurotunnel (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
May 25, 2021
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Legend
I noticed when looking at prices of Eurotunnel that they say no vehicles fitted with an LPG tank as an alternative fuel. Does anyone know if that also applies to those fitted with an LPG tank for cooking and heating rather than powering the vehicle?

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Cooking lpg does not count but there is a limit to the amount that you can carry.
Also they often check it is switched off at the stop cocks.

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
Cooking lpg does not count but there is a limit to the amount that you can carry.
Also they often check it is switched off at the stop cocks.
We have a 120ltr lpg that I think is over the limit but as it only fills to 80% it is just ok.
Although they always ask about turning the gas off they never ask how big the tank is🤔🤔

Edit: just had a look….

Gas used for domestic services​

If travelling with a campervan, caravan or any other vehicle fitted with cooking facilities, any flammable gas container must be declared when asked and will be checked at the appropriate checkpoint by Eurotunnel Le Shuttle
Flammable gas containers may be transported with the following restrictions:
  • For portable containers (cylinders/bottles, etc): Maximum of 47kg per cylinder and no more than 50kg per Vehicle if more than 1 container;
  • For fixed containers (tanks): Maximum of 47kg per container and no more than 50kg per Vehicle if more than 1 container.
  • Fixed containers must be no more than 80% full. The capacity of the container will be checked by Eurotunnel staff.
In all cases, transport of gas containers to power domestic services (e.g. cooking, lighting & heating, etc.) are restricted as outlined above.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BikerJon
May 25, 2021
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Legend
Thanks for the replies really helpful.
My tank is 25 ltr so no problem there and it probably 80% full now.

Stonemags76

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2011
Derbyshire Dales
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleepers Warwick Duo
Exp
Full Time 2011-2013, now part timers!
We have an Autosleeper with an underslung tank, & just turn it off in the kitchen cupboard at the stopcocks. No problem a couple of weeks ago!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
Thanks for the replies really helpful.
My tank is 25 ltr so no problem there and it probably 80% full now.
You are well in the limit.

The quantity of gas is limited to 47kg (or approximately 93 litres) maximum for a single container and to 50kg (or approximately 99 litres) maximum in the case of several containers. Each container must be no more than 80% full.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back