LPG refilling tips (1 Viewer)

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
There's enough heat in your fingers to flash the first bit of liquid off, once that's gone, which is about 3 seconds you'll start to get a mild frost bite. But you're not going to leave your fingers in it are you? Perhaps some people do 🤷.

R410a boils at -51°c at atmospheric pressure and I've always managed to avoid being burnt, you just don't leave your fingers in it. 😎

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
R410a boils at -51°c at atmospheric pressure and I've always managed to avoid being burnt, you just don't leave your fingers in it. 😎
It's not the temperature that's the problem, it's how fast it takes heat out of your skin. I've given my hand a quick dunk in liquid nitrogen (-200C) with no ill effect, but I'd be wary of grabbing metal at -20C.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
There's enough heat in your fingers to flash the first bit of liquid off, once that's gone, which is about 3 seconds you'll start to get a mild frost bite. But you're not going to leave your fingers in it are you? Perhaps some people do 🤷.

Have you never seen an LPG couple leak, spraying out liquid? a drop flashing off and dissipating on your skin is not the issue. Ask Snowbird about the black dead flesh it leaves behind

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid

Jun 5, 2020
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner i660
Exp
since 1992
scares the shit out of me every time!

My Missus watches eagerly as I slowly release the lever anticipating the woosh, and then nearly wets herself laughing as it makes me jump every time.

• Funny
Reactions: f6c
Nov 18, 2019
Stratford upon Avon
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis 504
Exp
Since 2001
Hi, a very good choice with an underslung tank. Apart from the above comments, I have been to a filling station, where they had to turn the system on from the inside, as in the shop/office. Remember the different adaptors for different countries. I have never used gloves, glasses or aprons, but do what you like. Hope you will be able to enjoy it soon.

Triumphdigger

Free Member
Dec 21, 2020
Funster No
MH
R-Vision Trail Lite
Where did you get your LPG conversion done?
I am interested in having mine done and looking for recommendations.

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
Where did you get your LPG conversion done?
I am interested in having mine done and looking for recommendations.
I think the discussion concerns LPG for the domestic equipment, not the vehicle engine.

Mad dog

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2019
South West
Funster No
MH
Rapido Dreamer PVC
Exp
lol thanks.
Is there somewhere i should post my silly questions?
Please let us know how you get on. I've just read through the whole 3 pages hoping for a conclusion!! Perhaps you could get someone to video you doing it for the first time, you might get a hundred off 'you've been framed'!! 😅

Nov 18, 2019
Stratford upon Avon
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis 504
Exp
Since 2001
I had mine done in October 2020, in Germany by Wynen Gas, 41747 Viersen, west of Düsseldorf. Excellent service, very efficient and their workshop was extremely clean, can highly recommend. You need to book well in advance.

OP
OP
M
Dec 14, 2020
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet
Exp
planning a conversion
Please let us know how you get on. I've just read through the whole 3 pages hoping for a conclusion!! Perhaps you could get someone to video you doing it for the first time, you might get a hundred off 'you've been framed'!! 😅
lol, my brother had a friend who has an campervan so he offered to show me how to go on. Havent used the gas enough to refill it on my own yet but im a lot more confident abt it than i was. The video would end up being evidence for my Darwin Award knowing my luck :ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back