LPG Bluetooth level gauge from Gasit (1 Viewer)

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
I agree looks very similar to the Mopeka that was purchased by a few Funsters a month or two back, after a reference from a member. Well pleased with it and definitely a lot better than the clip on gauges.

OP
OP
M

michndan

Free Member
Jan 12, 2016
Nuneatone
Funster No
MH
Hymer b644sl
Exp
That’s the one could not think of the name?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
The Mopeka ad refers to 11kg cylinders, is it adjustable for other sizes e.g. 14kg ?

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Anybody used one of these and how accurate are they please.

Also they say for propane, but much of the Autogas sold in the warmer parts of Europe is a propane/butane mix and I wonder if they work OK with that?

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Anybody used one of these and how accurate are they please.

Also they say for propane, but much of the Autogas sold in the warmer parts of Europe is a propane/butane mix and I wonder if they work OK with that?

We have been using the Mopeka unit on our underslung tank for a few months now and find it very accurate in such it will even indicate the gas liquid level changes due to the effects of the changing ambient air temperature on the liquid gas. At present the Mopeka app does not calculate for horizontal tanks but this does not cause us a problem as I'm only really interested in when the gas level in the tank gets to a level that I feel we have to keep an eye out for somewhere to top up. The Gas-it led level gauge I fitted when I install our system is not much good as it indicates red (near empty) at about 1/3 full, so after that it's guess work as to the gas level.

The Gas-it/Mopek devices are ultrasonic and register the surface height of the gas from the sensor so in theory I would think it would work on most liquid. I would be interested to see the results of somebody testing the theory on a bucket of water.

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Possibly on their water tanks is what I’m thinking.

Four units two gas, one clean water, one grey water.

Possibly a fifth on the beer fridge.

Dec 31, 2010
Sunny South Shields
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin i7900
Exp
Since 2010
Gasit are now the sole suppliers of the mopeka products, just tried to order from LPG shop and told I have to purchase from Gasit

Misterg

Free Member
Dec 8, 2017
N Wales
Funster No
MH
Self build PVC
in theory I would think it would work on most liquid. I would be interested to see the results of somebody testing the theory on a bucket of water.

I did try it when I made the video on the other thread - I had it working with a glass cafetiere 3/4 full of water (I thought it would be useful to demonstrate it working). When I tried to set it up again to film it, I couldn't get it to work again - I think it was because it wasn't making good enough contact with the base the second time I tried (it was only cobbled together on the kitchen counter).

Very tempted to try it on my fresh water tank, but would need to do a fair amount of dismantling to be able to fit it.

Sep 10, 2013
Chelmsford Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Getting better
Out of interest just went on the LPG shop site got as far as the checkout without a problem.
I tried and its shown as out of stock..
Just followed the Amazon link and ordered from USA.

Will see what happens!!

May 9, 2018
South Oxon
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Out of interest just went on the LPG shop site got as far as the checkout without a problem.
I've just ordered the sender from lpg shop without any problem. Although now it's showing as out of stock on the website, so hopefully the order will be honoured!

Dec 31, 2010
Sunny South Shields
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin i7900
Exp
Since 2010
Hi Lenny,
I ordered it on the website then received this email

Hello Mr David,

unfortunately we cannot send you the order as GASIT is the only sole distributor of Mopeka products in the UK, we have been notified about this fact yesterday.

I will issue you full refund, please contact GASIT company if you still need this sensor.

Kind regards

--
Lucas Bolt | Technical Support

Carbon Zorro Ltd
Unit 13, The Beaver Centre
Putney Road West LE2 7TD Leicester
T: ++44 1164330019
W: www.lpgshop.co.uk

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Morning Peter, yes but you will wonder what the bloody alarm is going off on your phone as you will have forgotten all about it being the tank level.

Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Thanks Paul. Just trying to work out whether I need the twin tank level gauge unit they also sell. Probably not now I know there is an alarm but given that our gas always runs out at 3am when it is pouring down I suspect I will have to put my phone on silent at night.

Does your app have the ability to dial in European sized bottles rather then the American sizes in your screen shot? At the moment I am tempted to buy on American Amazon when we are over there at our Daughter's.

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Does your app have the ability to dial in European sized bottles rather then the American sizes in your screen shot? At the moment I am tempted to buy on American Amazon when we are over there at our Daughter's.

Yes, the app has a "Tank Region Selection" menu and you choose Europe. Cylinder sizes available are :- 6kg, 11kg, 12kg, 14kg, 18kg and Arbitrary which I use for our underslung and the set the diameter of our tank.

Misterg

Free Member
Dec 8, 2017
N Wales
Funster No
MH
Self build PVC
Did you get charged any import duty or did you manage to escape it

The price I paid on Amazon included import duty (but they've bumped the price up a bit since then):
Untitled.jpg

Came to just under £40 when it reached my card. Arrived in about a week (AP Products via Amazon.com).

May 9, 2018
South Oxon
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Hi Lenny,
I ordered it on the website then received this email

Hello Mr David,

unfortunately we cannot send you the order as GASIT is the only sole distributor of Mopeka products in the UK, we have been notified about this fact yesterday.

I will issue you full refund, please contact GASIT company if you still need this sensor.

Kind regards

--
Lucas Bolt | Technical Support

Carbon Zorro Ltd
Unit 13, The Beaver Centre
Putney Road West LE2 7TD Leicester
T: ++44 1164330019
W: www.lpgshop.co.uk
I guess that I'll be getting the same email on Monday then!

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
I've just ordered a single transmitter and internal monitor set from US Amazon for $69. I will get a second transmitter when I get the hang of it. Mind you, after paying international postage, estimated import duty and a really poor exchange rate it works out to be £72.94, still quite a bit cheaper than Gasit.

Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
I've just ordered a single transmitter and internal monitor set from US Amazon for $69. I will get a second transmitter when I get the hang of it. Mind you, after paying international postage, estimated import duty and a really poor exchange rate it works out to be £72.94, still quite a bit cheaper than Gasit.
Do you have a link to that please as it seems cheaper than the ones I was looking at.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back