LPG Bluetooth level gauge from Gasit

michndan

Funster
MH
Hymer b644sl
Exp
Just seen this if it’s a repost sorry. Looks good and if works would be great for me. It looks like the system from the states re badged to me well the app side does anyway.

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
MH
Autocruise Alto PVC
Exp
Since 1996
I agree looks very similar to the Mopeka that was purchased by a few Funsters a month or two back, after a reference from a member. Well pleased with it and definitely a lot better than the clip on gauges.

Pausim

Funster
MH
Hymer ML-i 580
Exp
Since 2003
The Mopeka ad refers to 11kg cylinders, is it adjustable for other sizes e.g. 14kg ?

peterc10

Funster
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Anybody used one of these and how accurate are they please.

Also they say for propane, but much of the Autogas sold in the warmer parts of Europe is a propane/butane mix and I wonder if they work OK with that?

Two on Tour

Funster
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Anybody used one of these and how accurate are they please.

Also they say for propane, but much of the Autogas sold in the warmer parts of Europe is a propane/butane mix and I wonder if they work OK with that?

We have been using the Mopeka unit on our underslung tank for a few months now and find it very accurate in such it will even indicate the gas liquid level changes due to the effects of the changing ambient air temperature on the liquid gas. At present the Mopeka app does not calculate for horizontal tanks but this does not cause us a problem as I'm only really interested in when the gas level in the tank gets to a level that I feel we have to keep an eye out for somewhere to top up. The Gas-it led level gauge I fitted when I install our system is not much good as it indicates red (near empty) at about 1/3 full, so after that it's guess work as to the gas level.

The Gas-it/Mopek devices are ultrasonic and register the surface height of the gas from the sensor so in theory I would think it would work on most liquid. I would be interested to see the results of somebody testing the theory on a bucket of water.

Landy Andy

Funster
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Possibly on their water tanks is what I’m thinking.

Four units two gas, one clean water, one grey water.

Possibly a fifth on the beer fridge.

Ditcha

Funster
MH
Dethleffs A Class
Exp
Since 2010
Gasit are now the sole suppliers of the mopeka products, just tried to order from LPG shop and told I have to purchase from Gasit

Misterg

Funster
MH
Self build MWB Relay
in theory I would think it would work on most liquid. I would be interested to see the results of somebody testing the theory on a bucket of water.
I did try it when I made the video on the other thread - I had it working with a glass cafetiere 3/4 full of water (I thought it would be useful to demonstrate it working). When I tried to set it up again to film it, I couldn't get it to work again - I think it was because it wasn't making good enough contact with the base the second time I tried (it was only cobbled together on the kitchen counter).

Very tempted to try it on my fresh water tank, but would need to do a fair amount of dismantling to be able to fit it.

Paul_Oxon

Funster
MH
Globecar Campscout
Out of interest just went on the LPG shop site got as far as the checkout without a problem.
I've just ordered the sender from lpg shop without any problem. Although now it's showing as out of stock on the website, so hopefully the order will be honoured!

Ditcha

Funster
MH
Dethleffs A Class
Exp
Since 2010
Out of interest just went on the LPG shop site got as far as the checkout without a problem.
Hi Lenny,
I ordered it on the website then received this email

Hello Mr David,

unfortunately we cannot send you the order as GASIT is the only sole distributor of Mopeka products in the UK, we have been notified about this fact yesterday.

I will issue you full refund, please contact GASIT company if you still need this sensor.

Kind regards

--
Lucas Bolt | Technical Support

Carbon Zorro Ltd
Unit 13, The Beaver Centre
Putney Road West LE2 7TD Leicester
T: ++44 1164330019
W: www.lpgshop.co.uk

peterc10

Funster
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Arrived for the price I paid at the Amazon checkout.

If you look at the US Amazon.com site, I went for the one offered at $42 + $14.05 shipping and import fees.
Paul, does the app allow for an alarm to be set and sounded on the phone if the level of the Gas goes below a level that can be set by the user please?

SMC Motorhomes Newark
RoadPro
Johns Cross
Safeguard Motorhome Insurance
Rhino Installs
Friendly professional service from qualified technicians
Free Club Stickers
Dave Newell Leisure Vehicle Services