Looking to be pointed in the right direction (1 Viewer)

H

Highlander

Deleted User
Hi All

I live in the very far north of Scotland and actually do not know anyone in my area that owns a Motorhome. Myself and family have had a static for a number of years which was on the Dornoch (Sutherland) site and has for the past few years been at Grannies Heilan Hame(again Sutherland). I am an avid golfer, fisherman and walker so this area is perfect for the summers.

My wish however is to purchase a Motorhome and tour Europe/USA in our retirement and winters but my wife is not sure if she would like it, I think for sure i would but need to persuade her otherwise. The past couple of years we have hardly used our new static at Dornoch which is a shame due to work commitments.

It got me thinking if anyone in this community which I would like to eventually become an active member knows of any swap sites for static users and motorhomes home or abroad. I would certainly be willing to swap a month (any dates) of the static for a trial of a couple of weeks of a decent sized Motorhome from an experienced user who could also show us the ropes and advise.

I do realise we could rent but feel this would be a good way to start contact with the motorhome community, and the static is very nice and just sitting there very loneley.

I am married and a self employed property developer with 2 daughters at Glasgow University.

Any advice is welcomed....please be gentle:Smile:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hello Highlander, we have a quite a few members north of that wall so you are not alone up there::bigsmile: You could try a holiday in a rented motorhome, there are plenty of hire companies around. This would introduce you the the world of the motorhome and the flexibility that it gives you, statics are great for chilling out, but for travel and adventure with the option of chilling out anywhere you fancy the motorhome takes some beating. As for swaps, there is a company that does this, Motorhome Holiday Swap.

I hope you can persuade your wife to give it a go at least, the members are a very friendly and knowledgeable so please feel free to ask away if you have any questions at all. Meanwhile welcome to the fun :thumb:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hi Haggis, welcome to Fun, as Jim says there are some kilt wearers on here and we are all friendly so ask away.

Regards

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Hi Highlander and welcome to the fun site
The answers already received may be as good as it gets for two very good reasons
1. If you become a Motor home owner there is every likleyhood you will be very protective of it (not even family members get to borrow it)
2. the idea of a swap is from the motor home point of view, fraught with insurmountable Insurance implications, and I do mean Insurmountable, many who thought they had it covered for loaning Hiring have found out the hard way it just don't work
Full Hiring Insurance has to be in place, and that more than likely brings in a double jeopardy problem with the personal Fully comp Insurance the owner already has on his pride and joy
Regards Geo

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
hi highlander and welcome to the FUN,:thumb:

i realize you want to timeswap your static for a motorhome but as Geo said there are all sorts of insurmountable problems with this and he is quite right saying you will protect your pride and joy with your life.
you cant vet the hirers carefully enough.:Doh:
the link below is one reason why..........:Eeek:

<<click here>>

john.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back