Looking for some sage advice (1 Viewer)

May 17, 2016
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
This time next year I will be looking to buy an A class Motorhome to enable a European tour after Christmas when I retire. Initially maybe going to go to see some 6 nations matches as a warm up for later in the year when it will be for a couple of months through France, Spain Portugal. I will be taking along a passenger or two at various times but mostly it’ll just be me and one other. My wife isn’t keen on going, so a few mates and my son have jumped at the chance to spend a couple of weeks away in the van.
So I think I have narrowed down my choices to a Hymer B544, or Rapido 9097df. I like the big lounge and the kitchen toilet at the rear . I’ve hired a couple of vans with lounge at the rear and a dinette neither of which I like.
I would want the van to be on a heavy chassis to enable a decent payload. Hoping to take a scooter on the back so need the added capability.
I love to cook but not sure whether an oven would be of use or not. Hopefully as I move south I will be looking to bbq and eat locally when I can, to experience the local cuisine and culture. It’s a big part of the trip tbh.
I would be taking bicycles if the scooter thing doesn’t work out as I have been a keen cyclist all my adult life. Not sure how practical either is and advice here would be welcome.

So enough of the back story and sorry for rabbiting on. Are there any pitfalls with these vehicles and what other options should I look at. Also what would you regard as must haves for a long trip. Thinking lpg, solar, decent mifi, stuff like that.
Probably most importantly my budget will be around £45000. Yes i have a C1 entitlement.

Trying to give as much info as possible to get The most appropriate advice in return.
Thanks in advance.

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
This B544 has just appeared on the forecourt of a garage near us ( just S. of Carlisle)...

Just a note of caution... the dealership is a well respected family business in CARS ! He has only recently started and selling MH's and doesn't describe them very well from a MH point of view.

Good luck with the search.

Upvote 0
Sep 22, 2017
Funster No
We have a Rapido 9048 DF and the lounge area is brilliant, the biggest one we could find at the time, 6.5 metres long with four belted seats. Love the layout. (y) (y) (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
H
May 17, 2016
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
We have a Rapido 9048 DF and the lounge area is brilliant, the biggest one we could find at the time, 6.5 metres long with four belted seats. Love the layout. (y) (y) (y)

yeh that’s the one I was meaning. Think I’ve stated a different model in my original post. How much useable payload do you have with all of your extras fitted?
cheers

Upvote 0
OP
OP
H
May 17, 2016
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
This B544 has just appeared on the forecourt of a garage near us ( just S. of Carlisle)...

Just a note of caution... the dealership is a well respected family business in CARS ! He has only recently started and selling MH's and doesn't describe them very well from a MH point of view.

Good luck with the search.

It’s just about a year too early But that’s the sort of van I’m looking at. The B544 really does seem to hold its value especially in the current climate

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back