LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I have just gone to fit a reversing camera monitor that I bought of a member last year, to discover that there is a wire missing. The screen has what looks like a 5 pin Micro DIN plug on a fly lead. Rather than cut this off and try and work out which wires are which, does anybody know where I can source the install loom? Or better still does anyone have one spare I could buy please. I will try and get a photo, but the plug is only about 10mm with tiny pins in

Aug 18, 2020
Funster No
MH
Trigano Tribute
Exp
Hi, I am in a similar boat (MH) lol, just received a replacement display but with no connector just bare wires. Proving difficult to find the right connector so may just cut off the existing and replace with new.

First pic is the existing wiring that is connected to power and rear camera
Second pic is the wiring that is attached to new display. Red is power, black is negative and green is earth.

Attachments

• IMG_4624.JPG
    IMG_4624.JPG
    30.7 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_4625.JPG
    IMG_4625.JPG
    71.9 KB · Views: 36
Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Hi, I am in a similar boat (MH) lol, just received a replacement display but with no connector just bare wires. Proving difficult to find the right connector so may just cut off the existing and replace with new.

First pic is the existing wiring that is connected to power and rear camera
Second pic is the wiring that is attached to new display. Red is power, black is negative and green is earth.
I would try to find a din to phono adapter for the video and audio leads and connect the power wires to a feed in the cab unless you need to use the din to feed power to the camera.

Aug 18, 2020
Funster No
MH
Trigano Tribute
Exp
What I said before is what I was told when I asked for advice ;)

I haven't a clue! Always something to learn. I've been searching online: Screwfix, RS components, Ebay and Amazon for something that looks like would connect to the pic 1 I shared above. If someone could point me in the right direction that would be a bonus.....p.s. pics of said item would help enormously.

Son said splice wires together, but I want ability to be able to unplug/disconnect. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2020
Funster No
MH
Trigano Tribute
Exp
I would try to find a din to phono adapter for the video and audio leads and connect the power wires to a feed in the cab unless you need to use the din to feed power to the camera.
Thanks for the response, I took extra cookery lessons at school when I should have taken electric/electonics lol

I have a lead in the cab that when I connect (somehow) the new monitor every thing should just work........ in this woman's mind anyhow! :D

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Thanks for the response, I took extra cookery lessons at school when I should have taken electric/electonics lol

I have a lead in the cab that when I connect (somehow) the new monitor every thing should just work........ in this woman's mind anyhow! :D
I just like the easy way out!

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
What I said before is what I was told when I asked for advice ;)

I haven't a clue! Always something to learn. I've been searching online: Screwfix, RS components, Ebay and Amazon for something that looks like would connect to the pic 1 I shared above. If someone could point me in the right direction that would be a bonus.....p.s. pics of said item would help enormously.

Son said splice wires together, but I want ability to be able to unplug/disconnect. :)
Oh where Maplin when you need them šŸ˜©

Aug 18, 2020
Funster No
MH
Trigano Tribute
Exp
Try these people.
Thank you Tony. I've found this product on their site CAB111, (its out of stock) but really I only need the 'male' connector to attach to the bare wires on the monitor that I have, which in turn will connect with my existing wiring. I have emailed my query and hope they can help.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back