Looking for a park up for a month or two (1 Viewer)

Aug 23, 2019
Cape Town
Funster No
MH
Merc Unimog U1700L
Exp
Overlander
Does anyone know of any campsites or park-ups that will take me in please? We are full time and got back to the UK 2 days before the lockdown. We have been parked up in Upton upon Severn but that is now pretty much under water with all the floods. Ive been calling a load of campsites but they are all closed and Marinas will only take boats. Ive even tried to look for a house to let but that is also proving difficult. Currently parked up in an isolated spot in Burton Dassett but would like to find somewhere permanent for the next month at least to avoid being constantly on the move and feeling like a criminal. Any help/advise appreciated. Thanks in advance. Shayne

OP
OP
Mhambi
Aug 23, 2019
Cape Town
Funster No
MH
Merc Unimog U1700L
Exp
Overlander
Have you tried any farmers ? Some are pleased to have people on their land to act as security 👍🏻
Good luck
Hi There, I did think of that but dident think going door to door asking permission was the right thing to do in lockdown. Im really trying to observe the rules, I really dont want to be on the police radar.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Here is a list of farms around upton on severn...

Scroll down to the map when you open it to get phone numbers... (y)

Good luck...

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
Try

They do have a couple of full- timers but the owner is very wary of COVID. Officially he is closed, but worth an ask. He can only say no.

Jun 12, 2017
Telford
Funster No
MH
A class Pilote
Exp
Mhambi, I know someone who has a field beside his house that is not doing a lot with a shop a two minute walk away and is one of those guys who would do anything for a few quid.
Own septic tank, water tap and possibly electric.
It’s between Worcester and Kidderminster

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
Try

They do have a couple of full- timers but the owner is very wary of COVID. Officially he is closed, but worth an ask. He can only say no.
Taking in a full timer at the moment would certainly be good for the site. I would use them in the future if they were able to help out . As you say , it’s worth asking 👍🏻

OP
OP
Mhambi
Aug 23, 2019
Cape Town
Funster No
MH
Merc Unimog U1700L
Exp
Overlander
Try

Thanks for the suggestion, Did approach John but he said unfortunately they are closed for any new comers.

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
Mhambi, I know someone who has a field beside his house that is not doing a lot with a shop a two minute walk away and is one of those guys who would do anything for a few quid.
Own septic tank, water tap and possibly electric.
It’s between Worcester and Kidderminster
That’s so nice of you to do that 👍🏻

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
If you are a member, the Caravan and Motorhome Club have kept a few of their main sites open for full-timers but I am not sure of the criteria for staying there. Maybe worth contacting their head office?

My son managed to get a pitch on one of the CMHC farm cl's while his regular site is closed during January. As said, farmers aren't always too fussy about rules so it maybe worth calling a few that are advertised as closed for the winter.

Feb 16, 2020
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globetrott
Exp
Hi Shayne, we are full timers too and currently holed up on the Carnon Downs campsite just outside Truro.

This is a designated site for the SW area by the Caravan and Motorhome Club. I was advised that there is one site designated in each region (SW, SE, Mids, NE and NW) for full timers. I believe it is Caterham/Redhill for South East and Birmingham for the Midlands. Not sure about the other regions.

If Truro is a possible location for you, let me know and I will gladly speak with Simon the Warden to see if he can accommodate you.

Regards

Dave

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
Hi Shayne, not sure if you are picking up private messages, but spoke with Simon as promised and he said for you to call him tomorrow on 01872 862283

Good luck!
Nice one Dave . Another example of just how brilliant the members of this forum are 👍🏻.
Lovely to see this kind of help offered to people stuck in a bad situation.

Aug 23, 2019
Shropshire, Market Drayton, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 634
Exp
since 2017
Does anyone know of any campsites or park-ups that will take me in please? We are full time and got back to the UK 2 days before the lockdown. We have been parked up in Upton upon Severn but that is now pretty much under water with all the floods. Ive been calling a load of campsites but they are all closed and Marinas will only take boats. Ive even tried to look for a house to let but that is also proving difficult. Currently parked up in an isolated spot in Burton Dassett but would like to find somewhere permanent for the next month at least to avoid being constantly on the move and feeling like a criminal. Any help/advise appreciated. Thanks in advance. Shayne
Hi
Dont know if you have got somewhere yet. We have a large carpark attached to our garden you could use. Water electric and access to manhole to empty the toilet. We are in Market Drayton, North Shropshire. Town centre so supermarket near by. Bus stop at the bottom of the drive.
We are isolating, only going out to walk the dogs .

Eggs

Free Member
Jan 3, 2018
Suffolk
Funster No
Hi
Dont know if you have got somewhere yet. We have a large carpark attached to our garden you could use. Water electric and access to manhole to empty the toilet. We are in Market Drayton, North Shropshire. Town centre so supermarket near by. Bus stop at the bottom of the drive.
That's a cracking offer.

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Hi
That's a brilliant generous offer. It's what I've experienced being a member of this wonderful forum .Always there to help in difficult circumstances

OP
OP
Mhambi
Aug 23, 2019
Cape Town
Funster No
MH
Merc Unimog U1700L
Exp
Overlander
Hi
Hi Fraggle, Thank you very much for the kind offer, I am really overwhelmed by the help of the members on this forum.
I may have something lined up but will let you know either way later today. Again thank you very much.
Kind Regards
Shayne

Feb 16, 2020
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globetrott
Exp
I am sorry, but I have to advise that I have received the following private email for trying to help a stranded full timer in need of assistance:

So having made a big thing that you were down here before September therefore justifying your stay in Cornwall is one thing, now you are actively encouraging more to come and from areas of high infection rates.! Beyond belief!

Why do these people join a community group like this when they ridicule someone who tries to help a fellow human being in a time of need??

By the way I never made a big thing of being down here, you did. You tried to imply that I have spread the virus to everyone in Cornwall. You appear to be a very sad and uncaring sort and I really wish you would leave me alone and stop private messaging me with your uncaring, unsympathetic and poisoned emails.

Last edited:

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Mr Fulham Dave, I think it is considered REALLY, REALLY bad manners to quote part of a PRIVATE message (together with the name of the sender) on the open forum.

I for one certainly think it is very bad form!

JJ :cool:
I agree, he should have reported the unsolicited and unpleasant messages to Jim. However, giving the benefit of the doubt as he was genuinely trying to help, which is more than can be said for the other person, who has displayed worse form. In my opinion.

Feb 16, 2020
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globetrott
Exp
Mr Fulham Dave, I think it is considered REALLY, REALLY bad manners to quote part of a PRIVATE message (together with the name of the sender) on the open forum.

Hi JJ

I totally understand your comment and appreciate you saying so, however, why should they private message me rather than respond to the thread here?

They seem to have a real issue with me. I was, along with others here, only trying to help someone in need.

I have nothing to hide, hence the reason I posted their message, however, I will take note of your views

Dave

Dec 17, 2016
Malvern
Funster No
MH
Hymer B525 2006 A cl
Exp
Mhambi you could try Alan Hughes at Myall farm near Upton 01684 573917. They have camping caravans in a field. ( might be a CL?) Always friendly when I have bought hay for the guinea pigs from them!

Feb 16, 2020
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globetrott
Exp
I agree, he should have reported the unsolicited and unpleasant messages to Jim. However, giving the benefit of the doubt as he was genuinely trying to help, which is more than can be said for the other person, who has displayed worse form. In my opinion.
Hi Armytwowheels

I was not aware of what you do in those circumstances. Is there a way of blocking someone messaging you? If not, how to I get hold of Jim to ask him to do this for me?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Hi JJ

I totally understand your comment and appreciate you saying so, however, why should they private message me rather than respond to the thread here?

They seem to have a real issue with me. I was, along with others here, only trying to help someone in need.

I have nothing to hide, hence the reason I posted their message, however, I will take note of your views

Dave
I saw your original post with the name of the funster in question (which Jim has now removed) and was surprised at the message you received, hopefully that funsters will think again about sending private messages to you so you likely won't have to block him anyway.

Feb 16, 2020
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globetrott
Exp
I saw your original post with the name of the funster in question (which Jim has now removed) and was surprised at the message you received, hopefully that funsters will think again about sending private messages to you so you likely won't have to block him anyway.
Thank you minxy girl.

After reading JJ's comments, I took on board what he said and edited my original post removing the persons name.

I do not wish to be seen as trying to upset other funsters

Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013

Don’t you think it is bad form to send unpleasant private messages?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back