Looking for a park up for a month or two (1 Viewer)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Unless it is something totally private like buying something off someone, or sending a phone number or something, I don't see why anyone would send a private message when you are only talking about the same thing on the forum.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Don’t you think it is bad form to send unpleasant private messages?
Yes ... but it works BOTH ways ... I suspect it's not quite as one sided as it's being portrayed.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Don’t you think it is bad form to send unpleasant private messages?
What makes you think I think it is ok to be unpleasant in pms?

It appears to me I haven't expressed myself in a way that makes it understandable to some.

It is quite well known that it is generally considered to be "out of order" to post the contents of private messages on the public part of the forum.

If folk don't understand this then I can't really explain it to them...

JJ :cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
1611667171809.png

Spoils a fantastic club....... :frowny: :crying1: :madder:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Unless it is something totally private like buying something off someone, or sending a phone number or something, I don't see why anyone would send a private message when you are only talking about the same thing on the forum.

If you don't see why some folk send private messages then I don't think I'm have the skills needed to explain why!

JJ :cool:

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
You've had some kind offers on here and I hope you get sorted.

My guess is that within the next two months there will be many more fulltimers / van lifers or whatever, who left the UK against government advice, having to return because of Bxit and finding campsites and other suitable places closed and unwelcoming.

OP
OP
Mhambi
Aug 23, 2019
Cape Town
Funster No
MH
Merc Unimog U1700L
Exp
Overlander
Thank you everyone for the help and offers, It has really been overwhelming and humbling. I wasn't expecting to start a war of words or break any rules. However having found out my wife is pregnant and taken in all the comments, We have decided to sell the camper and move into a house for a few months until we can fly back to South Africa. I have contacted a few estate agencies and hope to find something shortly. I hope this can now put an end to all the arguing and everyone can move forward peacefully. Again thank you very much for the overwhelming support not only did it show me that there is still kindness left in people but it also helped me on a mental health point as I was really feeling very low and extremely isolated. Thank you to you all.

Stonemags76

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2011
Derbyshire Dales
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleepers Warwick Duo
Exp
Full Time 2011-2013, now part timers!
Take no notice of all the old uns bickering- they do that a lot lately! Think everyone is just a tad tetchy! 😂 Congratulations 🥳! Your wife will feel happier being settled for a while I would think - near plumbing & medical care! Glad you feel a bit more connected - we are always here to talk to, but we may squabble sometimes! 😂😂😂

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Thank you everyone for the help and offers, It has really been overwhelming and humbling. I wasn't expecting to start a war of words or break any rules. However having found out my wife is pregnant and taken in all the comments, We have decided to sell the camper and move into a house for a few months until we can fly back to South Africa. I have contacted a few estate agencies and hope to find something shortly. I hope this can now put an end to all the arguing and everyone can move forward peacefully. Again thank you very much for the overwhelming support not only did it show me that there is still kindness left in people but it also helped me on a mental health point as I was really feeling very low and extremely isolated. Thank you to you all.
Congratulations to you and your wife. I hope you find somewhere nice to live.

I am sorry your plea for help descended into such squabbling mess. There is so much good on here most of the time, but lately it seems folks can start an argument in an empty room.

Good luck for the future.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Congratulations.

Nov 26, 2014
Never on the wrong road ......
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2014, before that 20 years of boating & caravanning
Congratulations Shayne & Mrs Shayne on your baby news - lovely to hear some positive news!

Hope you find somewhere suitable to rent soon, all best wishes for your future 🤞👍🙏

Apr 29, 2014
Warwickshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Chieftain
Exp
Since 2004
Hi Mhambi see you are parked up Burton Dasset we are near their space available pm me

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
A shame you’re flogging what looks, from your photo, more like a unimog rather than a camper! Anyway, if you’re returning to SA, please make space for me in your luggage. I do miss my home country. Even Johannesburg my city. Good luck with the new arrival too. 👍
Oops; I see it is a unimog in your details, Mhambi.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back