London Ultra Low Emission Zone being extended (1 Viewer)

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
Thank goodness for that, for a minute I thought it was being wasted on the bus and tube network :rolleyes:
Since you appear so knowledgeable, whereabouts are the 1000's of mile of cycle route? I can only find about just over 500 in the whole of London.
does that include the miles theyve added due to corona virus ask a cab driver how bad theyve been affected

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
My cousin and 2 friends have packed in cabbing
mate of mine has 120 cabs he rents out at the moment he has 21 rented out the rest are parked anywhere he can get space most of his family have one to run around in

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Any cyclist with half a brain should know they will always come of worse colliding with a motor vehicle,,why do they need a sticker to tell them the obvious? BUSBY.
The stickers are the new French regulation, the Granny botherer thinks these are the answer

Feb 20, 2017
Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey 75-2
Exp
Tugger now Motorhome
Was that meant to be a serious post?
Depends if you are a Black Cab Driver. One bad winter and the folly of these cycle lanes will finally be laid bare. Efficient Public Transport is the answer .

2x2camper

Free Member
Oct 22, 2018
Funster No
MH
It has already been stated, if it's about pollution then vehicles of certain types, those that create most pollution should be banned, it shouldn't be about ability to pay.
No problem with that. Just ban motor vehicles then apart from public transport and essential deliveries. The only problem is people will winge about it. Including people on here.

2x2camper

Free Member
Oct 22, 2018
Funster No
MH

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
No problem with that. Just ban motor vehicles then apart from public transport and essential deliveries. The only problem is people will winge about it. Including people on here.
I sort of agree, however I would ban all transport from city centres during the day.
Delivery vehicles can deliver at night. Public transport stations can be on the periphery of the city. I would include bicycles and scooters in my transport ban. Literally allowing only pedestrians. This would keep pedestrians safe from traffic fumes and from the vehicles themselves. The city would become a much nicer and more relaxing place to be.
Not that this would entice me to visit. I don’t really like built up places but it would make it safer and more pleasurable on the usually once a year I’m talked into going to our nearest cities. Which are Leeds or York.

2x2camper

Free Member
Oct 22, 2018
Funster No
MH
I sort of agree, however I would ban all transport from city centres during the day.
Delivery vehicles can deliver at night. Public transport stations can be on the periphery of the city. I would include bicycles and scooters in my transport ban. Literally allowing only pedestrians. This would keep pedestrians safe from traffic fumes and from the vehicles themselves. The city would become a much nicer and more relaxing place to be.
Not that this would entice me to visit. I don’t really like built up places but it would make it safer and more pleasurable on the usually once a year I’m talked into going to our nearest cities. Which are Leeds or York.
What you got against cycles.

They arean efficient, non polluting method of transport
Tbere isnot really an issue with mixing with people and if there were not motor vehicles there wou,d be more room

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3

Tbere isnot really an issue with mixing with people and if there were not motor vehicles there wou,d be more room
They don’t need to be there. Pedestrian zone only. There will be conflict between cyclists and pedestrians, there always is conflict when more than one shares space. Bicycles are not needed and would not travel at walking pace within city centres. There would definitely be collisions between cyclists and pedestrians.
There could be secure parking for cycles around the periphery of the cities.

Jun 10, 2020
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Advantage
Exp
Since 2008

Are e-scooters polluters? The environmental impacts of shared dockless electric scooters​

Today, the main study analysing these different phases for electric scooters is one published by North Carolina State University. According to the scientists who conducted it, electric scooters are not really an eco-friendly means of transportation today. In fact, regarding the carbon footprint, scooters emit about 202 g of CO2 per km and per passenger over their entire life cycle. It’s about as much as a conventional car and 3,5 times more than an electric car.

Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
Has anyone tried to convert an older vehicle to Euro 6, I have found several converters but most only do trucks or busses I have found one that will convert 4X4 but I have no idea of cost. My daughter has a 6 year old Range Rover and a couple of thousand would be worth it but not much more, she had intended to replace it by now but then she lost all her work with Covid, and £100 a week from UC wont run to a new Range Rover.

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
Has anyone tried to convert an older vehicle to Euro 6, I have found several converters but most only do trucks or busses I have found one that will convert 4X4 but I have no idea of cost. My daughter has a 6 year old Range Rover and a couple of thousand would be worth it but not much more, she had intended to replace it by now but then she lost all her work with Covid, and £100 a week from UC wont run to a new Range Rover.
I think it’s like most things cheaper to replace then to convert. I know that they was surprised at the cost when looking into up grading trucks to euro 6 , and just bit the bullet and brought some newer ones for London.

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
I think it’s like most things cheaper to replace then to convert. I know that they was surprised at the cost when looking into up grading trucks to euro 6 , and just bit the bullet and brought some newer ones for London.
If it continues to become more and more difficult/expensive to deliver into London does anyone think hauliers will just not bother with London work?
After all there is the rest of the U.K. to deliver to. The last company I drove part time for knew after the first time of asking not to ask me to do London runs.

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
If it continues to become more and more difficult/expensive to deliver into London does anyone think hauliers will just not bother with London work?
After all there is the rest of the U.K. to deliver to. The last company I drove part time for knew after the first time of asking not to ask me to do London runs.
I won’t do London either, not worth it for the pay, rather a more comfortable day. I think there will always be someone to deliver into London, after all you only have to see how they undercut each other for sixpence. Then complain that there is no money in it.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Was that meant to be a serious post?
(y)
Yes.

No problem with banning motor vehicles but you ban them all including public transport & deliveries.
Tbere isnot really an issue with mixing with people and if there
Never been hit by one on a crossing then? or the pavement?

Oct 26, 2014
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Pilote P696GJ
Exp
So if your only allowing pedestrians what about people who cannot walk far or have other debilitating health conditions do we just just bar them from city centres because you don't want any means of transport other than walking allowed .
Shop delivery's at night time Yeah I'm sure that will go down well with many shop workers who would need to be at work to receive goods at 3pm or whatever unsociable time in the morning .
Working nightshift is known to be detrimental to health and wellbeing as it upsets your sleep pattern and most workers don't relish it especially people with families
Charging is catching on
Wales after the money as well.

Last edited:

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
So if your only allowing pedestrians what about people who cannot walk far or have other debilitating health conditions do we just just bar them from city centres because you don't want any means of transport other than walking allowed .
Shop delivery's at night time Yeah I'm sure that will go down well with many shop workers who would need to be at work to receive goods at 3pm or whatever unsociable time in the morning .
Working nightshift is known to be detrimental to health and wellbeing as it upsets your sleep pattern and most workers don't relish it especially people with families

be another place I’ll avoid if they start that carry on
Drakeford will be popular if he allows this to go ahead
There would need to be some provision for those that cannot walk. What’s wrong with working nights? I did it for thirty years. Fires don’t stick to daytime hours. I’m married and have children. Shift work was quite often a bonus with regard to child care. With people just putting problems in the way we’ll never move forward. There is absolutely no need for vehicles or bicycles sharing city space with people.

Oct 26, 2014
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Pilote P696GJ
Exp
There would need to be some provision for those that cannot walk. What’s wrong with working nights? I did it for thirty years. Fires don’t stick to daytime hours. I’m married and have children. Shift work was quite often a bonus with regard to child care. With people just putting problems in the way we’ll never move forward. There is absolutely no need for vehicles or bicycles sharing city space with people.
Well you were fortunate , I could never adapt to 5 shifts on nights on and two nights at home
Ended up being exhausted by the the end of the week because of disturbed sleep pattern and being unable to get a decent deep sleep during daylight hours

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Charging is catching on
Wales after the money as well.
This is incredibly short sighted. Why would you try and get people off main arterial roads like the A55 and onto the old roads? and the timing is just ridiculous.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp

All good points but they might find they run out of Pumpkin Spiced Lattes and Focaccia pretty quickly.

2x2camper

Free Member
Oct 22, 2018
Funster No
MH
No vehicles = no food mate. No way will you find enough drivers or shop staff prepared to work all night to keep London supplied.
I don't think i have suggested no vehicles or even just at night.

However we need to do something more drastic then we are doing at the moment.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
However we need to do something more drastic then we are doing at the moment.
I agree but it should encompass both ends of the problem, the missing link seems to be accountability for the rogue cycling element IMO. Why can't we require cyclists in London to be registered? Maybe a camera readable code on their helmets?

Oct 26, 2014
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Pilote P696GJ
Exp
This is incredibly short sighted. Why would you try and get people off main arterial roads like the A55 and onto the old roads? and the timing is just ridiculous.
Is Mark Drakeford popular as the Welsh first minister ?
Not according to my friends in South Wales
Could well go against him at the next elections

Last edited:

2x2camper

Free Member
Oct 22, 2018
Funster No
MH
I agree but it should encompass both ends of the problem, the missing link seems to be accountability for the rogue cycling element IMO. Why can't we require cyclists in London to be registered? Maybe a camera readable code on their helmets?
Picking on cyclists is just deflecting the problem.

The issue is motor vehicles.

Readable codes ie registration numbers really does solve problems caused by vehicles.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Picking on cyclists is just deflecting the problem.

The issue is motor vehicles.

Readable codes ie registration numbers really does solve problems caused by vehicles.
Both are at fault IMO, the hooligan cyclist element in London in particular are a real problem.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back