Logroño (1 Viewer)

Jun 19, 2014
Wimborne
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral+ 670SL
Exp
No longer a newbie
I know there are two aires in Logroño, the noisy one by the roundabout, and the shaded car park one nearby. I understand there is a (farmer's) market close to, or in, the second one, but can't establish exactly where it is.

We are hoping to go there tomorrow - can anybody tell me whether this market is actually nearby, or in the tree lined car park itself, and if in the car park, whereabouts, so I can park in an area of it that won't interfere with the settting up.

Thank you.

OP
OP
Chuns
Jun 19, 2014
Wimborne
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral+ 670SL
Exp
No longer a newbie
Main thing is this is the capital of Rioja.
I knew that. Currently in Aranda de Duero, which is the focus of....

Now, what about the car park/market?:wine:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Chuns
Jun 19, 2014
Wimborne
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral+ 670SL
Exp
No longer a newbie
Thanks, David,

Do you happen to know whether it is in the car park, or the open ground that Google Earth indicates is there?

Cheers

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Sorry, I only know what the comments on Campercontact say that the area has a Sunday market. So, I should imagine its covers the whole car park.

Nov 24, 2008
Anywhere that takes our fancy
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since july 2009 And Still Going Strong
I'm guessing you need to be in Logrono itself, but if not there's an Aire at Viana which we've used a few times. Loads of space and a short walk into Viana which is a nice little place to have a wander around.

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
I know there are two aires in Logroño, the noisy one by the roundabout, and the shaded car park one nearby. I understand there is a (farmer's) market close to, or in, the second one, but can't establish exactly where it is.

We are hoping to go there tomorrow - can anybody tell me whether this market is actually nearby, or in the tree lined car park itself, and if in the car park, whereabouts, so I can park in an area of it that won't interfere with the settting up.

Thank you.

There is a quiet one at cascantes

Main thing is this is the capital of Rioja.

I thought Haro was ?

OP
OP
Chuns
Jun 19, 2014
Wimborne
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral+ 670SL
Exp
No longer a newbie
In case anybody is curious, there is a market, but it is not in what is effectively a very nice place to overnight. A short walk into town and dump and water in the official aire about 500 m away.

The market is not very good - although a couple of hundred stands I was told, only one baker, 2 vegetable, and a guy selling garlic. The rest is tat - clothes, shoes and other clothing mostly.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Haro is I think Brian, we always stay a few nights at Camping Haro to top up with Rioja on the way to the ferry.

Yes as mentioned about but since it's come up twice I think it depends how you take my original post, wine or region:

Logroño (Spanish pronunciation: [loˈɣɾoɲo]) is a city in northern Spain, on the Ebro River. It is the capital of the province of La Rioja.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back