Locker Lights - Bessacarr E560

Discussion in 'Bessacarr' started by WillH, Nov 2, 2008.

1. WillH

WillH Funster

Ratings:
    +3,066
    Hi, had a couple of lights go, the courtesy lighht by the door and one of the locker lights over the bed. The courtesy light was a halogen capsule, sourced from local electrical shop no problem. The locker light is a halogen MR16 12v 10w closed dichroic.

Problem, I have only been able to source an open replacement, does it make any difference? There are plently of closed 20w available but the only 10w I could find is open.

I don't see that it makes a whole lot of difference, if you touch the glass of a closed bulb its very hot, the open bulb will just be a bit hotter.

Anyone any ideas?

Rgds
    Bill

2. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +28,921
    are you sure its 10w bill,
    i cant find a 10w dichroic either.

cant see it making a lot of difference.

if its only on when you go in the locker why not fit a 20w to be safe.

3. Braunston

Braunston

Ratings:
    +10
    Hi,

You can get the 10w from Maplins (sometimes as they don't always stock them) also if you search online there are a number of places that sell them, have a look at the link below (hope it works) we replaced ours with LCD's but the light is quiet a bit different,

I have tried to search on line for the reason for the difference e.g closed and open and all i can find is that they say the open ones should be used in closed luminaries,

hope that helps

MR16 12v 10w closed dichroic - Google Product Search

Last edited: Nov 2, 2008