Local Dealers (1 Viewer)

Jands

Free Member
Oct 12, 2016
Funster No
At the moment an looking at getting a new Pilote M/H a P140C.
The 2 nearest dealers are Hayes in Darlaston or Pullingers at Halstead.
Both are similar distance away from me. Has anyone had any experience of either, Buying a motorhome or serving/repairs?

Not going to get one till I retire in 2 years time but want to make the correct purchase first time so getting my thoughts and preferences together.
How much help can I expect from a dealer and knowledge of the brand they are selling?
Is it too early to approach them although I have dropped into both already don't want to appear too keen.
Do dealers offer discounts on ordered M/H's as it could go down to price as well.

Hellski

Free Member
Mar 28, 2016
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 76 LE
Exp
Sorry can't help with dealers.

Regarding approaching them now before ready to buy, my wife and I did this! We had a three year plan and made this very clear to our local dealer when we visited. They were very happy for us to look at the current models in stock and left us to it; four weeks later we had placed an order........:whistle:

I'm sure all dealers have movement in price. A friend of mine knew what they wanted and went to the NEC show in October to see what the best price they could get. Their local dealer wasn't present at the show but once he had obtained the best price he phoned them to see if they could match it, sure enough they did and he had the advantage of dealing with someone local.

Good look with your research(y)

Upvote 0
Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
We bought a used Rapido from Hayes and I have to say they were one of the best dealers we have bought from (there has been a few!) They replaced a cracked shower tray under warranty and lent us a car to go shopping in while they did it. They seemed to know their stuff about Pilote from the conversations I overheard when I was there.

Upvote 0

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
@Jands I can't help with your local dealers, but I second what @Hellski mentioned their friend doing, going to a big show to negotiate a price.

I knew my local dealer had a stand at last October's NEC and my regular salesman knew that I was looking to buy a new Auto-Sleeper from him when I retired earlier this year, but by going to the show, I was able to speak with a few competitors and saved a few £ when I left him with my deposit.
I don't know what the build period is on Pilote, but the 5 months on the Auto-Sleeper worked out perfectly for me.

Upvote 0
Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
This time of year can be an opportunity to negotiate discounts, because dealers need to shift remaining 2017 stock to make room for the new 2018 models. If the model in stock ticks all your boxes that may avoid a long wait as well as a price increase. Bear in mind that there might be a reason why the MH has stayed on the forecourt even though it is a seller's market.

Upvote 0

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
Hayes OK but I've no experience of Pullingers.
Unless there's a big price difference, I'd go for whichever dealer is closest to you.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Jands

Jands

Free Member
Oct 12, 2016
Funster No
Just looked but it is too far.
Also want a Pilote dealer.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Oct 30, 2016
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Le voyageur 8.5
Exp
On 3rd van so not a total newbie....
We bought our dethleffs from pullingers and have to say they were great, small family set up, very cramped showroom, but really helpful and friendly, the van was impeccably presented, and workshop very obliging. I would have no hesitation recommending them, you won't be disappointed.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Jands

Jands

Free Member
Oct 12, 2016
Funster No
Good reviews from both, Distance from my home not that different, so will have to talk to both and could be down to price and extras.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back