Liverpool marina overnight parking latest at 13-8-18 (1 Viewer)

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol
I am at the marina car park now and can advise small Motorhomes are parked at the quay edge but not in the main square, that has signs stating no Motorhomes. The main carpark does state free Event parking so that could explain parking there issues.

The marina parking is inside its fenced area and is limited (we booked in advance) to about 10 vans (been up to a dozen next to quay)

mail@liverpoolmarina.com

img_1143-jpg.248708

You can park at Kings dock which is next to the water boarding quay, there are a number parked there now (£15 24hrs)

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Thanks on update. We were told to use that second coach park area when we stayed in the past.
To be honest it's a good location for motorhome parking.

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Does it feel safe? wife is a bit of a nightmare regarding overnighting.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JackieP

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2006
I’ve stayed on the coach park three times, every time I’ve been on my own. I just shut the curtains and go to bed. I’m pleased to say I’ve woken up three times alive.

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
The problem is jackie that if she's not happy she won't sleep, and neither will I. :( And a deserted carpark is going to be a no no. If there's a few other then probably ok. Booked to see the Terracotta Warriors on monday 17th sept so need somewhere to stay.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
We are currently at New Brighton along the end of Kings Parade with a dozen or so others. Intending to get the Mersey Ferry from Seaport in the morning for our booked ticket for Terracotta Warriors tomorrow. We have checked out Seaport ferry terminal car park and it’s ok for our PVC. Some here permanently I think though, not just overnighters.
Marina still taking bookings if you email them but they were full for today when I asked 2 weeks ago.

May 23, 2012
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Rapido 666f
Exp
The problem is jackie that if she's not happy she won't sleep, and neither will I. :( And a deserted carpark is going to be a no no. If there's a few other then probably ok. Booked to see the Terracotta Warriors on monday 17th sept so need somewhere to stay.
Stay at Southport and get the train.

OP
OP
SandJ

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol
Does it feel safe? wife is a bit of a nightmare regarding overnighting.
Olley it is safe we are from Liverpool and yes it does have its beware places but so does every other town and city, you could say its safer inside marina carpark the problem is your size, it's a long time since I've seen you so can't remember your overall length. Contact the marina to book.
We stayed at New Brighton as well and that felt safe also.

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Just emailed and ask them regarding our size of 30'. Looking at Google maps we are to big for the main carpark but could fit in over on the keyside or take two spaces in front of the office.

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Stay at Southport and get the train.

Is that at Pleasureland?
Just to give you an idea, two years ago coming back from the Alps with son-in-law, daughter and two kids, we pull in to an aire at 22.00 ish after driving all day, its rammed, what do I get? is it safe? I just said I am f**k going to bed.:)

OP
OP
SandJ

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol
Just emailed and ask them regarding our size of 30'. Looking at Google maps we are to big for the main carpark but could fit in over on the keyside or take two spaces in front of the office.
From memory I think it's Ian?
You can't park outside offices 30' would be ok as long as only a few large ones I'm about 26/7 with scooter rack and had no problems. It depends how they've parked as well, you'll be fine if not go to kings park on Queens dock as shown earlier.

May 23, 2012
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Rapido 666f
Exp
Is that at Pleasureland?
Just to give you an idea, two years ago coming back from the Alps with son-in-law, daughter and two kids, we pull in to an aire at 22.00 ish after driving all day, its rammed, what do I get? is it safe? I just said I am f**k going to bed.:)
Yes or the CC site. Should be plenty of room on both.

JackieP

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2006

Fair point. The coach car park is close to some flats and I believe there is also cctv installed. I’m a bit nervous myself sleeping alone but the lights and nearness of the flats has reassured me. During the day it’s very busy, at night not a soul passes. I think if someone wanted to do you harm, they’d go somewhere where it’s easier to find you. It’s a dilmmma for you I’m sure. May I ask, what exactly Is it your wife is afraid of?

JackieP

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2006
The marina on the other hand is a lot busier and there will be other vans and passers by. It might give her more confidence and both of you a peaceful night’s sleep.

JackieP

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2006
And finally, for me, the scariest bit is having to pay fifteen pounds to stay the night (Scottish by birth). After seeing each one dropping into the machine I’m usually worn out!

Stretto Boy

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2016
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
We stayed at Lyons Farm at Maghull last weekend and drove into Liverpool, which is about a 25/30 minute drive. Park at the Anglican Cathedral : reasonable rates, bags of room and no marked bays so easy to park even a long motorhome. Best to park at the bottom end near the exit. Fairly central and there is a bus stop near the car park entrance.

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
The marina on the other hand is a lot busier and there will be other vans and passers by. It might give her more confidence and both of you a peaceful night’s sleep.

Inside the Marina she will be fine Jackie, as for what's she scared off? Easier to say what she's not.:LOL:
After a chat she wants to wait for a reply from the Marina, if its no then she will try one night on the carpark,.................................. maybe.:D

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Just had a reply and we are to big, so I may just book the CMC at Southport, that way I know she will be happy. :)

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
@olley
Just back to van at Seacombe ferry port after our visit. Our tickets were for 3:30 but I asked if could go in early and no problem 1:30. Our bar code scanned us through. I don’t think would be any problem if a bit late either.
You do have to shuffle around a bit to read and see everything so very glad we went in early and were not rushed.
Enjoy

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Thanks Annie booked at CMC Southport, may get a train or could use the bus with the passes.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back