Free Member
Jul 3, 2018
Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
Wildax aurura xl
Exp
since 2014 camping since1968
for me Bestie pele two of the greats who managed skills with footballs you could hardly move when wet let alone dribble

romany

Free Member
Jul 3, 2018
Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
Wildax aurura xl
Exp
since 2014 camping since1968
for me Bestie pele two of the greats who managed skille with footballs you could hardly move whe wet
Not a chance PaulyP. even with the best players in the world around him I truly think he is not tactically astute enough to take a team like United back to your glory days. Think of it this way. You are putting him in the same category as Klopp and Guadiolla, Poch, Mourinio, Hodgson...

There are better managers working better at lower levels too, Wilder at Sheff united (sorry for the reminder TheTwoOfUs) Smith at Villa. even Potter at BHAFC,,, spit spit than Olly is doing. He is a poor manager, motivational speeches about the glory days only go so far.

As said we are lucky to be in an era of two greats, I love Ronaldo but for me it's Messi every time.

I respect your opinion but I couldn't/wouldn't put Best even in my top 5 which would probably be
Messi
Ronaldo (Christian)
Pele
Maradonna
Cruyff
Eusebbeo
Hagi

Best may have been better if he never had his problems but I just think he was the first ever "playboy" footballer.

Great result , was lucky enough to see it.... We could be safe by Christmas at this rate. :)
I would have put Maradonna in but suspect a lot of his ability was drug enhanced mind you same could be said for bestie just a different:rolleyes: drug which probably hindered more than helped

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 22, 2012
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 2012
Exp
We often forget the goalie. Gordon Banks at his best was a world beater. Seen him many times at Anfield playing for Leicester. Somehow Liverpool would be a goal behind and kicking into the kop , throwing everything at Banksie. He was just incredible stopped everything and he was the reason they were Liverpools bogey team.

Jul 29, 2011
Urmston, Manchester
Funster No
MH
Former owner.
Exp
June 2012
George Best 21 year playing career, 586 games of which 361 were for United, yes he had his problems but still a phenomenal footballer.
I don’t think he would have changed anything he enjoyed every minute.

Bluemooner

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Dreamseeker Fifth Wheel
Exp
4 years
George Best 21 year playing career, 586 games of which 361 were for United, yes he had his problems but still a phenomenal footballer.
I don’t think he would have changed anything he enjoyed every minute.
He played 705 games not including internationals i think the 586 is just counting league games (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Parrot Face , you are right, never really think of goal keepers or even defenders. It's always the Flair players.

would love to see a top 11 of all positions. from my era (Colour TV) it would be

Dino Zoff
Roberto Carlos --- Paulo Maldini -- Beceknbaurer--- attilio Lombardo
Scholes (spit spit)
Cruyff maradonna Messi

Pele

Ok, bit on the attacking side, but I am going for the 7-6 win, in Kegan style.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back