LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Don't know if anyone is interested but they are on offer again on thursday -- 3 stage similar to CTEK but one third price :thumb:

Link Removed
terry

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Thanks Andy.

Do you have one?Is it ok to leave it on the battery for a day or so?

I tend to float charge my batteries every week or so over the winter to keep them topped up.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Thanks Andy.

Do you have one?Is it ok to leave it on the battery for a day or so?

I tend to float charge my batteries every week or so over the winter to keep them topped up.

I've got one and use it to charge the vehicle battery every now and then during the winter months if the van isn't used for a while. Usually leave it on overnight. Works fine.

Graham

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Steve I have one and leave it on for a few weeks at a time :thumb: it goes into a top up/trickle mode,also got 1 from aldi basicaly the same the only problem I find is if unpluged you have to press the button :ROFLMAO: Best small battery charger's ever :thumb:
terry
edit- thinking I may put one in next conversion instead of the £100 odd quider I have in mine,keeps 135 am hr topped up no probs

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Rosemary

Free Member
Feb 4, 2008
Middlesex
Funster No
MH
Low profile coachbuilt
Exp
20 years
Headlight Bulbs

Hi

Their headlight bulbs are also on offer from Thursday - a fraction of the cost paid at motoring shops!

Rosemary:Smile:

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
heres the tecky stuff attached :thumb:::bigsmile: hope you can read it :ROFLMAO:
terry

Attachments

• Image-04.jpg
    Image-04.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 63
Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Is there any reason why I shouldn't fit one of these permantly? My battery is under the floor and I have to take the carpet up and then the access panel, I was thinking about replacing the crocodile clips with terminals and bolting them directly to the battery, fixing the charger somewhere and then I would just need to plug in the mains when needed.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi Dane, on my charger I fitted a plug that goes in the cigarette lighter, and we have a socket on the leisure batteries, and just plug into that, if the van battery gets low I plug into the one on the dash, but make sure its live without the key turned one click.::bigsmile:

I could not see the link for the charger.:Doh:

But we have one of these:

Link Removed

Its bigger I have worked that out,:ROFLMAO: but works well and tells you when its charged, and cuts off when fully charged.:Smile:

And this:Link Removed

Nice meeting you both at Billing. :thumb: Bob.

Last edited:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Is there any reason why I shouldn't fit one of these permantly? My battery is under the floor and I have to take the carpet up and then the access panel, I was thinking about replacing the crocodile clips with terminals and bolting them directly to the battery, fixing the charger somewhere and then I would just need to plug in the mains when needed.

Hi

I see no practical reason why not, it's safer than using croc clips, but a couple of things to bear in mind.

1. When not plugged into the mains the charger may draw a very small current out of the battery.

2. Some auto chargers don't 'reset' unless disconnected from the battery before connecting the mains.

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Thats a good idea Bob with the socket it will allow me to unplug it

If your are right Jim leaving it permantly connected with a small drain will be defeating the object. I will connect it with a volt meter in line without plugging into the mains and see if there is a draw. The onboard habitation charger is permantly connected and does not draw any current perhaps there is a relay somewhere.

buccaneer

Free Member
Oct 14, 2007
Funster No

Currently makro have an offer on a conditioning charger that can be left permanently on, it comes with croc leads and a connection with eyelets these go to a small box with leds on and then has a plug inline to the mains plug.

I will fit this unit to the under floor starter battery and fix the small black box then when I am on hookup will plug the unit into the vans 240v system to charge the starter battery.

At the moment its £7.99 plus VAT.

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi buccaneer,Not sure which B/C you are refering to at £7.99 pus but you can leave the Tronnic one on all the time.The only thing is if the power gets cut off you have to press the button 3 times for full charge then it settles down to a trikle (3 stage):thumb: then forget it :thumb:
terry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back