Levelling ramp recommendations? (1 Viewer)

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Milenco.... either triple or Quatro dependent on how much room you got as the quatro are big.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: M-J
Upvote 0

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Another vote for Milenco! We've got the triples and they fit perfectly in our pvc.

Robust, have had them for over 8 years (3 vans) without problem.

Quads obviously provide a bit more lift, but are significantly bulkier and heavier.

Horses for courses which to go for.

Somebody was selling a set of triples on here earlier today for £25. Have a look, good chance they're still available.

Upvote 0
Aug 31, 2014
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
4th year
Fiama to start with on our pvc, but now have bigger coach built so managed to buy a 2nd hand set of Millenco quads for £25.. defiantelly the best if you have the room to store.

Upvote 0

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Over the years I have had 2 pairs of Fiamma Jumbo ramps; the plain wedge format variety, and now I have a pair of Milenco Triples (thought the Quattro was just too big). I think these are good and offer plenty of lift, but would point out a couple of things.
Firstly, it’s not always easy, or indeed possible, to ‘feel’ when the tyre is sitting in the pocket. I suspect they work better with smaller caravan wheels than with motorhome-sized ones. I find it best to ask the Commodore to nip out and keep watch as I climb the ramp!
Secondly, I often want to lift one side more than the other and this is perhaps easier with plain ramps without ‘pockets’. In practice, I now carry the pair of Triples and a single plain Jumbo. That way I can cope with all eventualities, well, as many as are worth bothering about.

Upvote 0

Ashypants

Free Member
Jan 25, 2018
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Funster No
I’ve got a used only once set of Milencos in the garage, not sure which model. If you are interested I’ll get a picture taken tomorrow and we can sort a ‘mates rates’ deal out :).

You can pay postage though as they are bulky :)

Reactions: M-J
Upvote 0

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
Got a couple of these in the garage. Great if its wet and you want to stop the front wheels loosing traction trying to pull the back wheels out. Also have some different sized blocks of wood so can build ramps if needed.

waffleboard-2.jpg

Upvote 0
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Richard gave me a set of milenko triples when I first got Helga,, Brilliant they are,, theve seen better days now but I’ve never needed anything that these.cant handle,,, brilliant,, X

Upvote 0

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
2018, Apache 634 150 Auto
Exp
Since 2015
Got to buy a pair of levelling ramps but which ones?

Thanks in advance
I have Fiamma Jumbos and Milenco Quatros. Used to swap them out depending on the site I was going to. I have more space now so always take the Quatros. Large, heavy but ace (y)

Upvote 0

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Milenco quatro for me.

And for us - they are starting to show signs of wear but then they are really, really old - not sure how old but were third hand (at least) 6 years ago.

I drive on and off them and he tells me how far :)

Upvote 0

Rodleydodley

Free Member
Oct 26, 2018
Aquitaine, France
Funster No
MH
Rapido Distinction i96
Exp
10 years but camping and caravanning all my life
Had various ramps over the years. They didn't last too long. We have had Milenco Quads for a number of years and they are as good as new even with regular use as I hate not being level!

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back