LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Last night in France for this trip, far too short. At Clères about 45 km south of Dieppe a free Aire (need that after last night). Surprisingly warm in the north of France, it was still 28 deg at 7 pm.

The end of the maiden voyage for the new waggon, it gets the thumbs up. Very pleased with it, a couple of minor niggles I mentioned earlier otherwise everything is ticking boo.
With the long wheelbase (4400mm) notice if it is even the slightest bit out of level, normally we are not fussy but really noticeable in this van.
I was surprised how harsh the ride was on the Maxi Chassis after a light chassis, I reduced the tyre pressures, front 60 down from 65, rear 70 down from 80

Sorry, you need to subscribe to see this content. Subs are £20 a year. You Can Subscribe Here

So much easier to drive than the last van (Exsisi-678) so much easier to position on the road, it is surprising how much difference the slightly deeper windscreen makes and the high mounted bus mirrors help as well. Only hit one kerb on this trip and don't have to close my eyes every time an HGV comes the other way.

May 19, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1995
Meal looked good. Table menu 29€ reasonable interesting 19€ for the wine.
What was the price range on the wine.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Last night in France for this trip, far too short. At Clères about 45 km south of Dieppe a free Aire (need that after last night). Surprisingly warm in the north of France, it was still 28 deg at 7 pm.

The end of the maiden voyage for the new waggon, it gets the thumbs up. Very pleased with it, a couple of minor niggles I mentioned earlier otherwise everything is ticking boo.
With the long wheelbase (4400mm) notice if it is even the slightest bit out of level, normally we are not fussy but really noticeable in this van.
I was surprised how harsh the ride was on the Maxi Chassis after a light chassis, I reduced the tyre pressures, front 60 down from 65, rear 70 down from 80

Sorry, you need to subscribe to see this content. Subs are £20 a year. You Can Subscribe Here

So much easier to drive than the last van (Exsisi-678) so much easier to position on the road, it is surprising how much difference the slightly deeper windscreen makes and the high mounted bus mirrors help as well. Only hit one kerb on this trip and don't have to close my eyes every time an HGV comes the other way.

Some great points and observations made Lenny - thanks for sharing

Hellski

Free Member
Mar 28, 2016
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 76 LE
Exp
Thanks for taking the time to share your trip with us funsters; already looking forward to following your next one(y)

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Left a bit late going out so didn't have time for a 5 min detour to the weighbridge. Ferry was at 4:30, check in 45min before, takes 40 min to get to the port so we left home at 3:25.:D

Checked it on the way home, state of van:-
95% Fuel
60% Water
30% Grey water
50% Gas
66 bottles of wine (76 kg)
34 Beer & cider (14 kg)

Front axle 1910 kg (Max 2100 kg)
Rear axle 2150 kg (Max 2500 kg)
Total 4060 kg (Max 4500 kg)

Take off the wine and beer we still have 530 kg of spare payload and well in on the axles.
Nice to have a bit more weight on the front nearly 300 kg more than on the Exsis hopefully won't have the spinning front wheels on hills in the wet.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back