Lenny's Heading for Portugal - Maybe (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Stopped off at Pontevedra for lunch, nice free Aire with services. Had a wander up to the old town and passed the indoor market bought some nice fresh vegetables & fish.

IMG_20181023_135741-1024x768-1024x768.jpg

P1140939.JPG

P1140941.JPG

P1140943.JPG

P1140945.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Finally arrived in Portugal, in a carpark at Vila Nova de Cerveira as recommended by
@Chockswahay it does have servicing as well.

IMG_20181023_185707-1024x768.jpg

Been on the beer when I took this one.
P1140961.JPG

And just to confuse the Heathen @JonP some yellow licorice.

P1140962.JPG

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
It’s made by the same company that now owns hymer.....

All hymer’s will look like this soon.....:LOL:
:cry::cry::cry:
They had a good try when they change the front in 2011, thank goodness they saw the light ours has a nice front end.

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
If I didn't know differently I'd have said it was Swiss owned by someone we know!

It's the sort of thing he would drive! And Portugal is one of his haunts, but not at this time of year.
French plate, young couple with a big dog

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
The front end makes it look like it was designed by the same people who build the cash delivery vehicles

J
Either that or made for the production of Ironside, wheelchair access at rear I reckon.:)
Les.
@Lenny HB have to say Lenny by the look of some of these meals posted by you & others whilst travelling Spain & Portugal, I would rather book a table in your van, as the home made meals look a lot better, and you dont feel obliged to leave a hefty tip to the waitress, just keep her wine glass topped up, between courses(y)
PS: loving the pictures of the journey thus far, many thanks for posting.
Les

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Now I have a NOS Sim with unlimited data back to updating the thread.
Wednesday before moving on had a wander around the old town.

P1140968.JPG

P1140969.JPG

P1140971.JPG

P1140972.JPG

P1140974.JPG

Done so much walking the last week couldn't be ar*ed to walk up this hill so you will have to put up with a photo from the bottom on full zoom.:)
P1140975.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Then we made the first mistake of the day and went on to Guimaraes. Roads closed parking area by the castle closed off, police everywhere some event going on so we abandoned.
Then we did something unusual for us hopped on the motorway, mistake No. 2. first part OK got a ticket at the barrier and paid at the end of the stretch. Next thing we know we have entered an electronic toll section with no way to pay, oh sh*t. Anyway according to the toll site foreign registered vehicles can not pay retrospectively, oh bu**er. Much searching on the web and some say buy a pre paid card and phone them up and they will often backdate the start date of the card. So I bought a virtual card online, phoned them, nice young lady says no problem, when did you use the motorway. I said today, she said don't worry as you bought the card today any charges for todays use will be deducted, Phew! Why can't they tell you that on their website.

Now at Peso do Regur, being a FLT down by the river, the bays in the Aire were a bit short for us and with the low suspension problem did not want to risk overhanging the high kerb.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Then we made the first mistake of the day and went on to Guimaraes. Roads closed parking area by the castle closed off, police everywhere some event going on so we abandoned.
Then we did something unusual for us hopped on the motorway, mistake No. 2. first part OK got a ticket at the barrier and paid at the end of the stretch. Next thing we know we have entered an electronic toll section with no way to pay, oh sh*t. Anyway according to the toll site foreign registered vehicles can not pay retrospectively, oh bu**er. Much searching on the web and some say buy a pre paid card and phone them up and they will often backdate the start date of the card. So I bought a virtual card online, phoned them, nice young lady says no problem, when did you use the motorway. I said today, she said don't worry as you bought the card today any charges for todays use will be deducted, Phew! Why can't they tell you that on their website.

Now at Peso do Regur, being a FLT down by the river, the bays in the Aire were a bit short for us and with the low suspension problem did not want to risk overhanging the high kerb.

I bet you had nightmares of @Northernraider and his little trip on a toll road....:D2

May 19, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1995

Would a campsite have been cheaper than the tolls?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back