LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
ACSI paid for its self then after a few nights...(y)
1st time it's managed to for us.
Benicassim was closed all day when I was there last month ...im guessing it's still out of season ...its only been the last week or so I've seen more things open and that's further south.
A few locals told me it was still too cold this year normally warmer ...
We are in shorts and t shirts locals in thick winter coats.:)

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
Breaking my heart & wallet paying €19/night only came here to see some friends at least they plied usll with alcohol all evening.
Bet your friends are made up they booked you on and you liked there choice of site

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
1st time it's managed to for us.

We are in shorts and t shirts locals in thick winter coats.:)
Yeah that's still happening in murcia ...27° the other day and there were folk in coats hats and scarves lol
And there's me in shorts a vest top and flip flops

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
What's the weather like down there Tam people keep telling me forcast is still bad best to stay here, don't like the second option.:)

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Bet your friends are made up they booked you on and you liked there choice of site
Nope they didn't know when we were arriving and site only ½-⅔ full, getting on to most pitches here not for the faint hearted quite nerve wrecking in anything over 6m long & 2.5m high. All the easy access big pitches taken by the cheapskate long termers.

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
IMG_20180316_194324.jpg
IMG_20180316_193444.jpg
IMG_20180316_194629.jpg
No such problems here in Valencia.
Party time :) :) :)
IMG_20180316_185217.jpg

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
What's the weather like down there Tam people keep telling me forcast is still bad best to stay here, don't like the second option.:)
There was some rain last night for an hour or two but otherwise it's been really good, the 3 days previous to yesterday was mid 20° and sunny , today it's dry but windy but I'm still in shorts and t shirt.

But I'm Scottish we are tougher than you southern softies

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
We're moving on today but it's a bank holiday so thought we would wait until tomorrow when all the Spanish have gone back to work.
Cycled to next town yesterday we were sitting on the prom and a couple walked by yep a couple we know from home.:)

Fed up with this cold weather hasn't got above 18 since we have been here.

1120305-1024x768.jpg

1120306-1024x768.jpg

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Fed up with this freezing cold weather.
Not much better further up, just had rain for about 2 hrs, stopped now so back to last day here partying. Not going into Valencia as to mobbed heading into Betera for last night :)

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Just had a shower Saturday it rained for a few hours. Inside with heating on, two years ago we were sitting outside in shorts at 8pm.:cry:

Floydster

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 21, 2013
Where ever I lay my hat
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A lifetime
It's our first venture down south for better weather and can't say we think it's worth it so far! It's ok but not worth the cost and hassle to be honest.(n)

Teuchter

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Nov 4, 2014
Lee on the Solent
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mercedes MLI 580
Exp
I have been caravanning for 32 years but in 2014 I have"gone over to the dark side"
Weather not great at the moment in Mazarron - chilly & windy yesterday when we arrived - did get better as the day wore on though - today has been sunny & warm up to about 4.pm then cloudy and raining

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Escaped from the jail cell oh boy that was hard work & I thought getting on the pitch was hard, nasty grounding sound from underneath, can't see any damage.

Moved down the road to south of Valencia on the way stopped of at Sagunto to walk up to the castle.

1120325-1024x768.jpg

1120322-1024x768.jpg

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Now on a wild spot by the beach at Cullera not my idea of wilding, hundred odd vans here.
Met up with @peterc10, also @BUSMAN 1 & @PhilandMena are here but they had already dissapeared down the pub, we still had to cook dinner.
And to Finish of the evening I knocked over my G&T.:cry:

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Looks a nice spot Lenny
Not really a big area of waste land we think it may be a festival site, a couple of hundred vans here.
Loads of room & right next to a lovely beach also next to the town and the town's got a bit of life. Looks like the Motorhomes keep the town going this time of year.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Not really a big area of waste land we think it may be a festival site, a couple of hundred vans here.
Loads of room & right next to a lovely beach also next to the town and the town's got a bit of life. Looks like the Motorhomes keep the town going this time of year.

Wouldn’t suit me
I don’t like crowds

Just me and Mrs C is enough for us to have a great time

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I liked cullera it was a nice wee town not too touristy and a nice beach.
Think there was easily 200 vans parked up there when I was there mid February ....wasnt keen on the big clump in the middle of the ones parked under the apartment blocks that were lying on sunloungers in the street in bikinis etc . But that wee bit I had by the river was lovely. I stayed there 3 days the walk up to the church is hard going but worth it for the view from the top.

Someone had initially told me it was an old campsite but then @vwalan had said it was an old festival site. It seems tolerated by the police as they drove through a couple of times a day. But there's a lot of longtermers there that you see running around each morning with gallons upon gallons of water.
20180216_184915.jpg

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Looks a nice spot Lenny

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
I liked cullera it was a nice wee town not too touristy and a nice beach.
Think there was easily 200 vans parked up there when I was there mid February ....wasnt keen on the big clump in the middle of the ones parked under the apartment blocks that were lying on sunloungers in the street in bikinis etc . But that wee bit I had by the river was lovely. I stayed there 3 days the walk up to the church is hard going but worth it for the view from the top.

Someone had initially told me it was an old campsite but then @vwalan had said it was an old festival site. It seems tolerated by the police as they drove through a couple of times a day. But there's a lot of longtermers there that you see running around each morning with gallons upon gallons of water.View attachment 220604

you shouldnt really park right by the river or that used to be the rules .
it was just a little area by the high sky scrapers and a bit of grass heading across just behind the beach. think it was 4-5yrs ago the owner of the bar nightclub got permission to flatten it all and have a festival in the autumn . not sure if it still happens .
might be a bit longer it started . was all allotments etc at one time .
but twenty years ago only ten or so vans stopped at any time .
mind it used to be good below the lighthouse years ago then it got built on . or up on the hill going to the radar station . like every where it changes all the time . places disappear other open up.
lots years ago it used to be nice just north of cullera in the little villages by the sea but that changed .
have said before in tavira we used to park in an english guys garden he was called doug . its now the official aire there . mind i am going back twenty years . dont know what happened to doug . he used to look after stray dogs . he had about 9 dogs last i recall.
but have fun . there really is so much to see its a big country.

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Being very lazey on this trip, still at Cullera, keep sitting around drinking beer & chatting. I like Bob Dylan but there are limits had 3 days of it! Must be the only album Phil (@PhilandMena) has.:)
Blowing a gale at the mo, felt like the van was going to fall over in the night.

A few pics from a couple of days ago.

P1120333.JPG

P1120355.JPG

P1120378.JPG

P1120337.JPG

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.