Leisure battery (1 Viewer)

longdog

Banned
Apr 16, 2013
Funster No
This is really embarrassing, I have just bought a 2004 Adria Twin on the Ducati chassis and it occurred to me to check the leisure battery. Except I can’t find it! I am not a newbie having been motorhoming and caravanning for about 10 years, but we wanted something smaller and as you know, there is not an awful lot of places to hide a leisure battery is there? Or is there! Any help to point me in the right direction would be appreciated!

Sep 10, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
On a 2007 twin it was in the lift up lid under bed next to fridge.
2004 no idea sorry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
L

longdog

Banned
Apr 16, 2013
Funster No
Well, there is no leisure battery under the front seats or under any panels in the floor. Neither is there a leisure battery hiding under the rear fixed bed, only the Truma heater. I really am at a loss here, I mean it’s only a small Adria Twin camper van with not too many cubby holes in which a leisure battery can remain undetected.

Oct 10, 2018
Bracklesham Bay, West Sussex
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2005
If you do not have a removable panel for the starter battery on the floor where the passengers feet go then the starter battery must be under the bonnet , maybe the leisure battery is also there as well ?

OP
OP
L

longdog

Banned
Apr 16, 2013
Funster No
By starter battery, I am guessing you mean the battery in the engine compartment? If so, then that is under the bonnet. It is the leisure battery that I am currently unable to locate. I have just read online that on a Fiat Ducato, it is under the drivers seat but you need to remove the whole seat to get at the underfloor hatch, which so far, I haven’t done. I used to have a 2001 Hymer on a Ducato but I never had reason to locate the leisure battery. Our last motor home was a 2009 Ace Adventurer and that was under the couch behind the drivers seat.

Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017》
By starter battery, I am guessing you mean the battery in the engine compartment? If so, then that is under the bonnet. It is the leisure battery that I am currently unable to locate. I have just read online that on a Fiat Ducato, it is under the drivers seat but you need to remove the whole seat to get at the underfloor hatch, which so far, I haven’t done. I used to have a 2001 Hymer on a Ducato but I never had reason to locate the leisure battery. Our last motor home was a 2009 Ace Adventurer and that was under the couch behind the drivers seat.
Sorry can't help you but would just like to say that it seems ( to me anyway) that removing whole seat to access battery is a bit extreme... what about simple things like checking battery.

OP
OP
L

longdog

Banned
Apr 16, 2013
Funster No
Sorry can't help you but would just like to say that it seems ( to me anyway) that removing whole seat to access battery is a bit extreme... what about simple things like checking battery.
I agree, it really does seam to be a bit of a faff to say the least!

Oct 10, 2018
Bracklesham Bay, West Sussex
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2005
I have found mention of the leisure battery being behind a flap on the left of the sliding door (on a 2005 model though, but worth a look)

Jul 1, 2012
Nr Whitby
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
On & off since late70s
On both my fiat ducato vans the leaisure barrier it’s are under the drivers seat

MF2021

Free Member
Oct 21, 2021
Funster No
MH
Ducato Adria
We have a 2005 Adria Twin on a Ducato and we have a small hatch at the bottom left of the fridge cabinet as you enter the side door. Lost of electrics in there. Do you not have that hatch at all? Maybe on the other side behind passenger seat? It's the perfect place for it.

OP
OP
L

longdog

Banned
Apr 16, 2013
Funster No
I have 2 floor hatches behind the driver and passenger seats but neither of them is deep enough to hide a battery and no sign of electrics in either. :(

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
On a 2004 the engine battery will most likely be under the bonnet, it was only after 2006 and the x250 fiat cab they put it under the floor inside the cab.
Ref leisure, on a past Autotrail I had a rear locker, that has a hatch in the floor and leisure battery was there, right at the very back of the van.

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
The leisure battery will almost certainly be under the drivers seat.
To remove the battery you will indeed need to remove the seat (ISRI ?) but there are panels front and rear that pull off to reveal the sides of the battery. They don't give access to do much though :( I'm sure you'll find it there

MF2021

Free Member
Oct 21, 2021
Funster No
MH
Ducato Adria
Strange. Ours has a perfect battery size hatch...
Battery.jpg

OP
OP
L

longdog

Banned
Apr 16, 2013
Funster No
Strange. Ours has a perfect battery size hatch...
View attachment 559706

Thank you ever so much! We only bought the ‘van just over a week ago and I have been looking for the leisure battery ever since! I found the previous owners had left a new Elsan bottle in there but I thought that as the fridge door goes down almost to the floor, then there was no room for the battery! If we ever meet up, then I definitely owe you a beer or bottle of wine! I can sleep at night again now! LOL

Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017》
Thank you ever so much! We only bought the ‘van just over a week ago and I have been looking for the leisure battery ever since! I found the previous owners had left a new Elsan bottle in there but I thought that as the fridge door goes down almost to the floor, then there was no room for the battery! If we ever meet up, then I definitely owe you a beer or bottle of wine! I can sleep at night again now! LOL
Tis a well known fact that the best place to "hide" something is "in plain sight". 🤣🤣🤣🤣..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back