LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
@snailtrailer and all lknitters ... I want to knit this poncho for little one in bigger size and will use different colours. I can do the flower! Will it be easy please or should I wait until I am more experienced. I havn't got pattern yet. Xxx

As long as you can do knit and purl and the instructions are good you should be okay. Where the small picot (holes) are in the top part you could just knit across and ignore that bit if you are not sure.

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
I saw some beautiful red felt poppies in a shop in Tenby today but they were £5.95 each:Eeek: think I may have a go at doing some myself

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Been to Folkestone this morning and there are lots of crocheted & knitted poppies tied to the fence on the Road of Remembrance, was in the car so couldn't get a photo.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
What do you put in the middles of the black poppies? Make them all black?

For the ones you are doing for me black, red, or white or anything else. The heart that Joy has on one of hers is lovely :)

Will need to send you another batch soon Helen .. the envelope bursting and I guess it helps you if we send as we go along.

I'll be away until towards the end of May Joy so no rush - or maybe someone going to the Scottish Rallies could pick them up to save your postage costs.

If you do post could you put a plastic bag round the envelope and get the post office to stick the postage sticker on the outside of that? Just in case the envelope really does burst :(

OP
OP
snailtrailer
Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Motorhomed for almost 7 years - now going nowhere!
@movan I like the idea of a poncho with unlimited design ideas and an opportunity to try new stitches. Don't pay lots of money for a pattern - I've got a knitted and crochet version which I can copy for you. I've finished knitting Eden's white cardigan - just got to sew it together. It has little heart shaped buttons. We just need some summer so she can wear it. By the way ponchos are great on the beach or where she might be at risk of getting sunburn.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
@movan I like the idea of a poncho with unlimited design ideas and an opportunity to try new stitches. Don't pay lots of money for a pattern - I've got a knitted and crochet version which I can copy for you. I've finished knitting Eden's white cardigan - just got to sew it together. It has little heart shaped buttons. We just need some summer so she can wear it. By the way ponchos are great on the beach or where she might be at risk of getting sunburn.
:) thank you ... She not feeling well with chicken pox at the moment and gave big smile when I told her.

OP
OP
snailtrailer
Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Motorhomed for almost 7 years - now going nowhere!
@movan. A picture for Eden - it took longer to sew the lazy-daisies than sewing it together . Get Well soon little one.

Attachments

• 31E40E8A-E930-4B51-869A-816DA25C5972.jpeg
    31E40E8A-E930-4B51-869A-816DA25C5972.jpeg
    125.6 KB · Views: 23
  • D0468E07-B107-44FC-9938-FA1BB0F52648.jpeg
    D0468E07-B107-44FC-9938-FA1BB0F52648.jpeg
    118.6 KB · Views: 24

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
image.jpeg

That is amazing Janine as I said to you I want to do a festival shawl with the flowers in the colours of the chakra and there it is all the colours on this photo, after you showing me and @Chrysalis at Peterborough noticing because I have been a knitter I was holding my my hook more like a needle than a hook, but my poppy pile is slowly growing and I shall be starting on my shawl soon just a bit more practice and picking brains I think.

@snailtrailer what a beautiful cardigan got a georgous little girl.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp

As many of you know I used to work in a centre run by a mental health charity. My colleague and I started an art and craft group which was really popular and well attended. We had quite a few exhibitions including three annual exhibitions in one of the local art galleries plus another in Edinburgh as part of the Arts Festival.

Anyway the powers that be decided that art and craft was not mainstream and had no therapeutic or commercial value and we were told to stop offering those groups. Needless to say attendance fell over the whole range of things we did as the art and crafts was an introduction to so many other things as well as being a gentle therapy all by itself. The centre has now closed completely .... such a shame as it did wonderful work and made a difference to so many lives.

I actually left due to ill health and at my exit interview I had "a free and frank discussion" with the new director of service. Unfortunately he did not take anything I said on board at the time. Six months later I had a letter of apology from him after he found out a few home truths........ but it was too late by then for the service.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
@movan. A picture for Eden - it took longer to sew the lazy-daisies than sewing it together . Get Well soon little one.

That is SOOO beautiful.. Thank you. I am going to try and video her when I show her the photo but I don't know how to put it on here... will have a go... She will be so thrilled. The Chicken pox are now in her eyes too so she is really poorly ... we have to take her mum to hospital today too so it will be lovely to show her something positive.

She loves the blue/lilacy one you made Pamela .... it really shows her eyes off and when she wore it to nursery, the teacher told me she refused to take it off all day even though sweat was pouring down everyone because of a heating problem. :)

I can't wait for you to show me how to knit.... if we get chance when we meet could you BRIEFLY talk through the poncho pattern with me please... don't worry if we cn't do it ... there is so much on... xxxxx

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
As many of you know I used to work in a centre run by a mental health charity. My colleague and I started an art and craft group which was really popular and well attended. We had quite a few exhibitions including three annual exhibitions in one of the local art galleries plus another in Edinburgh as part of the Arts Festival.

Anyway the powers that be decided that art and craft was not mainstream and had no therapeutic or commercial value and we were told to stop offering those groups. Needless to say attendance fell over the whole range of things we did as the art and crafts was an introduction to so many other things as well as being a gentle therapy all by itself. The centre has now closed completely .... such a shame as it did wonderful work and made a difference to so many lives.

I actually left due to ill health and at my exit interview I had "a free and frank discussion" with the new director of service. Unfortunately he did not take anything I said on board at the time. Six months later I had a letter of apology from him after he found out a few home truths........ but it was too late by then for the service.

Helen, I could almost have written that myself ... plus my mum before me as she was high up in mental health work when young..... they never learn.... :( xx

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back