LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I know it's embroidery not crochet but sooooo amazing. Doing the rounds across the country the inspirational Red Dress, worked on by women over the world.

Such amazing stories of strength in adversity. Currently in Glastonbury, Somerset and moving to Somerton next.

IMG_20211201_114454.jpg
IMG_20211201_114857.jpg
IMG_20211201_114857.jpg

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Ta-da! My most favourite make for a very long time!
An easy, stash-busting, 3-row pattern using dk yarn.

EDBB15F8-A664-4139-8B84-16FE7D8E05BF.jpeg
E9B9F8DA-6D60-4FA4-8AF6-BEC97E427DFC.jpeg

OP
OP
snailtrailer
Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Motorhomed for almost 7 years - now going nowhere!
Janine I have that wool and pattern that I bought for my birthday. I like the fact that it is worked in rounds rather than the usual stripes that Lucy from Attic 24 designs. Hoping to make a start on it over the Christmas period.

The finished article certainly looks striking.

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Janine I have that wool and pattern that I bought for my birthday. I like the fact that it is worked in rounds rather than the usual stripes that Lucy from Attic 24 designs. Hoping to make a start on it over the Christmas period.

The finished article certainly looks striking.
It’s lovely to make! I have done another, smaller one in 3 colours for my Mother’s Xmas pressy.

096329B7-02F3-4B9A-9FC4-DDE48ADD8A45.jpeg

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
I’m on about row 50 of the Yuletide but I get bored and start other projects. I’ve finished a market bag, a pair of slipper socks and now I’ve started on a large granny square cardigan….. I will get back to the Yuletide :giggler:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Janine Did you have much yarn left over from the Yuletide? I quite like the idea of an autumn themed whatsit to hang on the mantlepiece. I thought if I planned soon enough I might get it done before next Autumn.
I did it from my stash of odd balls from charity shops plus a couple of balls from a kit I sent for in the first lockdown which I didn’t like when it arrived.

OP
OP
snailtrailer
Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Well then, yours is even more amazing.:h:

I have a few bits and pieces to finish. One little wrap-over cardigan is waiting to be made up but there seems to be a mistake in the instructions so I have written to "Peter Pan" in Guiseley for guidance. They haven't answered yet. This is another item for a great grandchild yet unborn or even heard of so no urgency.

I am also trying to get gold buttons for a cardigan I've made for Evie-Grace - it will be far too big but kiddies seem to be wearing big clothes these days or Katy can keep it until she's about five years old!!!!! She will be two next week - I last saw her when she was two months old.

Mark and Mindy

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2017
Nr Bicester
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SGX
Exp
Since 2019
I've finished off a V neck jumper I started earlier in the year, unfortunately its turned out excessively big... the V is down a lot further than it should be, hovering near my waist, the sleeves are enormously long and the whole body of the jumper could fit a thin person inside as well as me... I also felt compelled to knit a woolly hat which would be great if my head was at least twice the size... I went one size down on the needles and the size was right but that jumper and hat combination is destined never to see the light of day so I need to think about what to do with the wool.
Currently working on a different V neck, feeling happier with it and using some rather expensive wool I treated myself to, but I only knit when watching television and so its growing incredibly slowly.

What do you all do with your knitted blanket projects, so far I have one which we can add to our bed if needed in very cold weather and a smaller one to use as a lap blanket when chilly in the van (except we don't actually have a van at the moment).

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
What do you all do with your knitted blanket projects, so far I have one which we can add to our bed if needed in very cold weather and a smaller one to use as a lap blanket when chilly in the van (except we don't actually have a van at the moment).
Shame about the jumper - I have become very ruthless at unravelling s**t makes and re-using the yarn for something else!

The blankets are my comfort zone at the moment and I have them folded on the back of chairs as small works of usable art :)

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
Key fob wristlets made as a small gift for all the ladies I swim with, satisfyingly I am not meeting up with them to swop gifts until next Friday and these are all finished and ready to go into their homemade gift bags .
19DA8362-873D-4A51-BEC1-3FC7202FB84D.jpeg

9056151F-106A-4DB3-8F27-6B78088CA2D5.jpeg

what did we do before we had YouTube to give us ideas for how to make stuff ?

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Someone on Crafty Campers Facebook page has made some of these lovely little piggies. I think that I might...... :)

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
Someone on Crafty Campers Facebook page has made some of these lovely little piggies. I think that I might...... :)

I was lucky to receive one of these the other week from Mrs Badknee when some morning funsters met up, it’s sat on a shelf in the van I do love it :love:

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2018
Monmouthshire
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R
Exp
Was a campervanner, now a motohomer
Scarves, polar bear, couple of hats, couple of cats, a dog …
now a return to more walking as I have put on 3 lbs over Christmas (a filled waste bin of chocolate wrappers evidences the reason ). It seems I did not “know next time” this time. LOL
16BDD5E4-2B1D-470A-990D-5C35017AC975.jpeg
F1BC17A0-C12B-4322-B1A5-E35629BBB043.jpeg
75B9DF85-5DB0-4F77-AF0E-981D90B05169.jpeg
A4E85DAC-DE9D-44A8-96BA-6878E69925D6.jpeg
D506F667-0FB1-4CB3-9352-54F7896D4D2A.jpeg
6A1621F9-B0D7-458A-B170-A088CA7834BC.jpeg

I am presently using up some of the snuggly yarn I bought for Nancy’s twins about ten years ago. I lost The pattern And gave up. So a pram blanket type thing in virus pattern (which I have altered slightly to create fewer giant holes. Since starting that blanket I have found the original twins pattern book - and am at the thinking-about-it stage of wondering whether to make an item from it (for no imminent or conceived reason).
ah well. I hope you are all well and hooking well. Enjoy 2022 👵🏼🎉

Attachments

• 205A48FF-8C33-457B-A1B8-CE323DDF4230.jpeg
    205A48FF-8C33-457B-A1B8-CE323DDF4230.jpeg
    58.4 KB · Views: 10
  • F5192D6F-8B85-4003-B284-36B05908C3E7.jpeg
    F5192D6F-8B85-4003-B284-36B05908C3E7.jpeg
    81.4 KB · Views: 12

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I need to make a second blankie for my Dad as he gets agitated when his goes to the laundry.

So looking for inspiration ladies (and gents). Something quick but with texture as well. My head is mince so I won't be making up my own pattern this time round!

I just found Alchemy Garden by Christine Bateman on LoveCrafts which should do the job! Now to order some yarn in rainbow colours.

Last edited:

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
snailtrailer Yellow is Dad's favourite colour. The home wash his original blanket on a weekly basis and he gets agitated when he can't find it so this should help keep him calmer.

The home were grateful and said they can use as many blankets as I can make :) I like to do them and it gives me a chance to try out different patterns. I've started the CAL Elements pattern from the YouTube videos as the free written instructions seem to have vanished from the internet :(. I also have instructions for a blanket called "Sacred Space" which looks interesting as well.

I put a call out on our local freecycle group for odd part balls and balls of DK acrylic but no offers as yet :(

Next time I am in the local garden centre / craft shop I will see if they have an end of dye lot bin and raid that. I did buy some white yarn from the odds and ends shop in town but it isn't as nice as the Marriners Essentials yarn I have been using - and was twice the cost! I didn't go into the factory shop but will look next time I am that way as they sometimes have a section with knitting yarn.

OP
OP
snailtrailer
Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Our Norfolk Knitters group hold monthly sessions where other local group members come along and buy wool (at a discounted price of £1.20 for 100g), buttons, patterns etc. and donate their finished articles for the various charities we support.

I have never bothered before but on Wednesday I won first prize of five balls of this acrylic yarn. I chose a blue (similar to Stylecraft Cloud Blue) and when I got home Derek suggested it would make him a nice pullover. I did my tension samples, cast on 127 stitches and have ordered another three balls to collect next Wednesday. It is working up nicely and seems quite tough - unlike most acrylics I've used lately. It's by Woolcraft called New Fashion and comes in about fifty shades.

I vowed I wouldn't make him another when he allows the dogs to jump up and pull threads but at £6.60 I can't go wrong.

I like the look of "Sacred Space" Helen Puddleduck but surely you wouldn't want to give it away.

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
snailtrailer Yellow is Dad's favourite colour. The home wash his original blanket on a weekly basis and he gets agitated when he can't find it so this should help keep him calmer.

The home were grateful and said they can use as many blankets as I can make :) I like to do them and it gives me a chance to try out different patterns. I've started the CAL Elements pattern from the YouTube videos as the free written instructions seem to have vanished from the internet :(. I also have instructions for a blanket called "Sacred Space" which looks interesting as well.

I put a call out on our local freecycle group for odd part balls and balls of DK acrylic but no offers as yet :(

Next time I am in the local garden centre / craft shop I will see if they have an end of dye lot bin and raid that. I did buy some white yarn from the odds and ends shop in town but it isn't as nice as the Marriners Essentials yarn I have been using - and was twice the cost! I didn't go into the factory shop but will look next time I am that way as they sometimes have a section with knitting yarn.
Charity shops, Hobbycraft, and Poundland are good sources of cheaper yarn.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
I like the look of "Sacred Space" Helen Puddleduck but surely you wouldn't want to give it away.
You haven't seen the stack of things I already have!

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
Charity shops, Hobbycraft, and Poundland are good sources of cheaper yarn.
Hobbycraft is in Edinburgh nearly 50 miles away and Poundland (local = 26 miles each way) don't stock yarn :( I know Hobbycraft will do mail order.

If I am buying I like Marriner as their Essentials is only £1 for 100gm of DK. Limited colour choice but that's fine for what I am doing. I keep hoping I'll win a £50 voucher from them!

Nothing in the charity shops at the moment and last time I looked at yarn in there it was cheaper (same brand etc) at the craft shop.
Aldi sometimes have cheap yarn although the last couple of times it seems to have been much thicker almost like Aran weight so probably too heavy for what you want.
The first blanket I made was with Aldi yarn but they don't have anything light enough at present.

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007

Have you a local Lions or Rotary club ?

The reason I ask isthat our WI make hats for new born babies and also hats and gloves for the homeless.

We eventually ran out of wool but managed to get a grant to buy wool from our local Lions who were happy to support us as we were knitting for charity purposes.

No harm in looking out for these local organisations and asking them if they wish to support - you could also ask the local home if they could ask for wool ?

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
Have you a local Lions or Rotary club ?

The reason I ask isthat our WI make hats for new born babies and also hats and gloves for the homeless.

We eventually ran out of wool but managed to get a grant to buy wool from our local Lions who were happy to support us as we were knitting for charity purposes.

No harm in looking out for these local organisations and asking them if they wish to support - you could also ask the local home if they could ask for wool ?
No, nothing like that. We are in the middle of nowhere - nearest (very small) village 4 miles away.

When we see places described as "villages" on tv we laugh as they are often much larger than our local town and have many more facilities!

Dad is in a home over 100 miles away from here. I have made things for the local home and asked if they have a "scrap bag" or similar scheme but it's just not the sort of thing they could do with their funding etc.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back