LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
baby blanket set , My first attempt at a baby cardigan and hat booties. It was Only a two row pattern but ate the wool took 6 and a half balls it feels so scruchy & lovely to the touch . Followed utube tuturial easy baby blanket ,really enjoyed making this.
IMG_20210211_090650.jpg

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Ambilkate That's a lovely pattern Kate and looks good all in white. I particularly like the border on the blanket, think I might copy that, much prettier than my usual two rows of treble.

Hope you're all keeping well.
Yes we are all keeping safe and well thankyou . Here's the link for the blanket and border . It was a delight to crochet .
Hope you keeping well ? XXX

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
Hi , yes very pleased 🤗👍 .
Hope all's well with you? X
Yes we are ok thank you Kate apart from me almost falling into a thorn hedge this morning out on our walk. It’s the only part where I can’t hold on to Max’s arm as the path is quite narrow and slopes towards the field.
I had a call yesterday and my jab is next Thursday at the doctors surgery ,Max has already had his.
Hope you are all well x

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Yes we are ok thank you Kate apart from me almost falling into a thorn hedge this morning out on our walk. It’s the only part where I can’t hold on to Max’s arm as the path is quite narrow and slopes towards the field.
I had a call yesterday and my jab is next Thursday at the doctors surgery ,Max has already had his.
Hope you are all well x
So pleased that you will be having your jab next week hope all goes well with it . It's all such worrying times

All three of us had our jab last Saturday no side effect thank god .
We are ok keeping safe, have weekly shop brought in no contact with folk . Amanda is finding it hard . She misses her funster Friends and her routines she had when we were out and about . Some keep in touch with her via zoom which she loves .
Take care keep safe 💕

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
baby blanket set , My first attempt at a baby cardigan and hat booties. It was Only a two row pattern but ate the wool took 6 and a half balls it feels so scruchy & lovely to the touch . Followed utube tuturial easy baby blanket ,really enjoyed making this.
View attachment 466713
That's lovely Kate

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.

Look, Ive managed a pair of some sort, Just dont' look too closely :rofl: .

I made the first one too long so thought I could easily rip it out at the toe, nope it didn't rip out easily, ended up cutting it and I couldn't work in reverse so just winged it to taper it to closed again.

Alan has been having a good laugh at my efforts but I'm quite chuffed. :)

View attachment 459947

They look wonderful!

I make my socks two at a time on one circular needle and from the toe up so I can try them on as I go - also I never run out of wool but can keep going until it's all used up.

Amazon product ASIN 1603425330
but there are other methods. A friend of mine does two at a time but one sock inside the other!

Morning everyone
It‘s been a while!
I have a question for the knitters.
I was given a set of KnitPro Symphonie interchangeable needles for Christmas, which I love, but two have snapped during normal use - one 3.25mm and one 3.50.
I glued one with some wood glue which claimed to be stronger than the wood it would be fixing, but it snapped again in the same place next time I used it.
Does anyone else have these needles?
I love them but replacements are about £6 a pair which is going to work out pricey if it happens a lot.

I have the wood and plastic one snap so prefer the metal. I've also found that the sizes quoted don't match with my needle size gauge so I always need to make a test square.

Yes I’ve used lots of these needles. I got annoyed because they kept unscrewing during knitting so I’ve now changed over to Addi fixed circulars instead. I had a Knitpro Cubics break with me.

You do have to use the tool to tighten the tips onto the cords - it isn't obvious what the tool is for as it comes with the cord and not the needle. I've found that a safety pin works just as well as the tool and not so easy to lose.

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
They look wonderful!

I make my socks two at a time on one circular needle and from the toe up so I can try them on as I go - also I never run out of wool but can keep going until it's all used up.

but there are other methods. A friend of mine does two at a time but one sock inside the other!
That looks interesting!

A quick google brought up instructions here..

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
That looks interesting!

Once you understand the way it works it's easy and also people stop to see what you are doing as it looks strange having two socks on one needle. Also from tie up there is no Kitchener stitch - not that Kitchener stitch is difficult but it does need concentration. I also have instructions somewhere for Portuguese toes (spiral stitched) and for round heels rather than cup and flap. It's a personal thing but I find cup and flap fits me better and that round heels tend to twist and become uncomfortable.

I also found this

but have been unable to contribute due to other commitments - which included socks for my adopted son and his wife who are both medics. Phil has been redeployed from his job to family liaison which must be tough. Sam is still working in paediatrics with very vulnerable children.

May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
Look, Ive managed a pair of some sort, Just dont' look too closely :rofl: .

I made the first one too long so thought I could easily rip it out at the toe, nope it didn't rip out easily, ended up cutting it and I couldn't work in reverse so just winged it to taper it to closed again.

Alan has been having a good laugh at my efforts but I'm quite chuffed. :)

View attachment 459947
They just sum you up my friend, colourful and barmy in a nice way. ;)

OP
OP
snailtrailer
Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Motorhomed for almost 7 years - now going nowhere!
I have been a naughty girl!!!!!
I ran out of some of the colours for my Persian Tile blanket so to make up the order for free postage I have ordered white yarn to make the set that Ambilkate made. I fell in love with it so now I am eager to finish this PT blanket I started just after Christmas. This fits into my plan to have ready-made baby clothes for grandchildren in case my hands seize up or I'm not around when they finally settle down. No hurry so I can just gaze at it for a while.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
I have been a naughty girl!!!!!
I ran out of some of the colours for my Persian Tile blanket so to make up the order for free postage I have ordered white yarn to make the set that Ambilkate made. I fell in love with it so now I am eager to finish this PT blanket I started just after Christmas. This fits into my plan to have ready-made baby clothes for grandchildren in case my hands seize up or I'm not around when they finally settle down. No hurry so I can just gaze at it for a while.

Not naughty at all just forward planning and saving the postal worker having to deal with extra parcels :)

Nov 11, 2016
uk, no fixed abode
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
since 2016
Not naughty at all just forward planning and saving the postal worker having to deal with extra parcels :)
I agree, not naughty at all, just sensible, why pay for postage if you will need the yarn (chocolate, whatever) anyway!

Nov 13, 2017
Pembrokeshire, Greece and everywhere in between
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 750
That looks interesting!

Speaking as someone who has never knitted a sock - bought the wool last year but never got round to making them - that’s a really clear and useful tutorial, thanks. The yarn I bought is sock yarn so much finer than she uses, but I might have quite a few balls some spare dk in my stash 🤔🤨.

Cherub

Free Member
Sep 24, 2020
Glen Prosen, Angus, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Compass Avantgarde
Exp
Since 2009
They look wonderful!

I have the wood and plastic one snap so prefer the metal. I've also found that the sizes quoted don't match with my needle size gauge so I always need to make a test square.

You do have to use the tool to tighten the tips onto the cords - it isn't obvious what the tool is for as it comes with the cord and not the needle. I've found that a safety pin works just as well as the tool and not so easy to lose.
Even tightening with the tools they still work loose with me.

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
I know knitting isn’t CroChet but I am looking for a craft gift for my boss and I was thinking of a knitting belt, has anyone used one and doe they help with knitting ?
1614539010721.png

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Perhaps Puddleduck can help. Knitting belts are used by Shetland knitters I believe.
Some good utube vids of ladies using them on Shetland, but we have not seen them in actual use when we visit. We are going up there in August for 2 or 3 months so hopefully Shetland Wool Week will take place in September and if it does, I will be in the good books for years with the boss 😎

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
Even tightening with the tools they still work loose with me.

If you want to sell yours I would be interested :)

Perhaps Puddleduck can help. Knitting belts are used by Shetland knitters I believe.

My Great-grandmother had a woven belt that she tucked a double pointed needle into when she knitted as she walked round the garden / went to feed the hens etc. I'm afraid I don't know anything else as I never knew that Great-Grandmother just what my Dad told me years and years ago. From what I am told it was a loose weave belt and it also had a bag or purse that attached in some way. Dad would not have known much as she died when he was 7 or 8.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back