FB_IMG_1615324490913.jpg

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Today aske if 2 of the grandchildren would wear jumper or cardi if I knitted them one, said I was sick of doing adult ones.
Was telling John when we got home he just looked at me like I am daft, 10yo grandson is bigger than me and although granddaughter is slim she is tall, what was I thinking :LOL:

Nov 11, 2016
uk, no fixed abode
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
since 2016
Today aske if 2 of the grandchildren would wear jumper or cardi if I knitted them one, said I was sick of doing adult ones.
Was telling John when we got home he just looked at me like I am daft, 10yo grandson is bigger than me and although granddaughter is slim she is tall, what was I thinking :LOL:
Lockdown boredom Sue! Soon to end hopefully :giggle:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Slowly sorting my PIGs ....... including the ones I inherited and te ones I bought from charity shops.
Some of my PIGs are so old, the carrier bag has bio-degraded šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
Evening all.....I finally made a small blanket using squares for the first time. ā€œUmmed and arredā€ over the joining method and eventually decided on a flat slip stitch. Then, another new stitch for me (crab) for the border. Anyway, here it is...

Attachments

• 7B069A62-CDF6-42F4-895F-583F68C6A8F0.jpeg
    7B069A62-CDF6-42F4-895F-583F68C6A8F0.jpeg
    918 KB · Views: 41
  • 224ACF0F-0778-4FA4-8A24-8E77DEF0CA43.jpeg
    224ACF0F-0778-4FA4-8A24-8E77DEF0CA43.jpeg
    898.3 KB · Views: 42

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Evening all.....I finally made a small blanket using squares for the first time. ā€œUmmed and arredā€ over the joining method and eventually decided on a flat slip stitch. Then, another new stitch for me (crab) for the border. Anyway, here it is...
Love your blanket Lisa the colours are lovely x

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
That's nice Lisa I like the way you have put the colours together.

OP
OP
snailtrailer
Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Motorhomed for almost 7 years - now going nowhere!
That's lovely Lisa - can you do a close-up of your corner square - that looks interesting. Have you another project in mind? Have you seen the blankets Attic 24 does - some different stitches there.

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
That's lovely Lisa - can you do a close-up of your corner square - that looks interesting. Have you another project in mind? Have you seen the blankets Attic 24 does - some different stitches there.
Thanks, here you go
B5A11C4F-D67A-4D64-A497-E83D6321708B.jpeg

Funny you should say that about Attic 24, I purchased the meadow pack for the recent CAL. It wonā€™t be long before I start that...although I do have another 2 or 3 wipā€™s ::bigsmile:

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
That's nice Lisa I like the way you have put the colours together.
I canā€™t take the credit for putting the colours together Carol, Iā€™m colour blind. I followed a colour chart from Bella Coco on her YouTube channel. Her work is mainly pastel colours, which I love šŸ˜Š

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Some of my PIGs are so old, the carrier bag has bio-degraded šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

I have the same issue and have done for years! BUT I am almost finished one of the PIGS. I have a few things to photo to show you all.

I spent an hour yesterday starting to tidy my craft room / office. Everything got brought down from my attic studio and dumped in here as the attic now has the model railway running the whole width and length. I know I will feel better once the floor is clear and I have decided what is to be kept and what can be disposed of but it is such a huge job. I have loads of stuff to either put on ebay or give to charity shops......... Actually I was wondering about making charm squares or mini-charms with some of my fabric scraps and either using ebay or giving them away.

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Actually I was wondering about making charm squares or mini-charms with some of my fabric scraps and either using ebay or giving them away.
That sounds like a lovely idea! Maybe try out new quilting techniques with each square?

Jun 28, 2015
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
I'm a newbie
I have the same issue and have done for years! BUT I am almost finished one of the PIGS. I have a few things to photo to show you all.

I spent an hour yesterday starting to tidy my craft room / office. Everything got brought down from my attic studio and dumped in here as the attic now has the model railway running the whole width and length. I know I will feel better once the floor is clear and I have decided what is to be kept and what can be disposed of but it is such a huge job. I have loads of stuff to either put on ebay or give to charity shops......... Actually I was wondering about making charm squares or mini-charms with some of my fabric scraps and either using ebay or giving them away.
Are you a member of the UK Quilters on facebook? They have a destash page for selling.
Unfortunately, I am continuing to collect rather than destashing. I'm making a quilt for my nephews 18th birthday in June & have ordered lots of lovely batik fabric rather than use up my current supplies :LOL:

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
That sounds like a lovely idea! Maybe try out new quilting techniques with each square?
I have more than enough to do and too many WIPs and PIGs to even think about that for myself!

The Happy Hooker thanks for the heads up. I am not a member but will see if they will have me! I need to do some more sorting before I start chopping up fabric through. I have research to finish and a book to write which is far more interesting than tidying up. Although I did find a pack of family photos that I thought I had left with my parents so I have scanned them and copied onto a memory stick. Now I just have to try to find out who all the people are and how they fit onto my family tree.

Jul 28, 2018
Monmouthshire
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R
Exp
Was a campervanner, now a motohomer
That's lovely Lisa x
Thatā€™s lovely. I wish I had started something less colour-complicated - Iā€™m fed up with it now. I shall hide it in one of those places Ken never ventures to look, and start a simpler thing I shall actually finish. No, really really, I shall actually really finish the next thing.

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
Thatā€™s lovely. I wish I had started something less colour-complicated - Iā€™m fed up with it now. I shall hide it in one of those places Ken never ventures to look, and start a simpler thing I shall actually finish. No, really really, I shall actually really finish the next thing.
Thanks.

What are you working on? I tend to have a couple of things on the go and then I donā€™t get bored. Although squares are quite satisfying cause you complete each one quite quickly.....

Jul 28, 2018
Monmouthshire
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R
Exp
Thanks.

What are you working on? I tend to have a couple of things on the go and then I donā€™t get bored. Although squares are quite satisfying cause you complete each one quite quickly.....
I will show you šŸ‘µšŸ¼ I will finish it, but not now.

Attachments

• FE0D06D6-06A9-4DA1-9CA8-5F6B5F0A4E06.jpeg
    FE0D06D6-06A9-4DA1-9CA8-5F6B5F0A4E06.jpeg
    168.2 KB · Views: 22
OP
OP
snailtrailer
Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Motorhomed for almost 7 years - now going nowhere!
Sus3v I remember this - it really is lovely, don't leave it too long before you pick it up again.

I have had to put the Persian Tiles to one side because they need blocking and my excuse is/was that my spray bottle isn't working. However, I now have a 'posh' one on order which could arrive this week. I only have one blocking board so it could still take some time.

My current easy job is a stripey blanket in a really simple two-row pattern - I suppose I'll keep on until I run out of one of my colours. Inspired by Attic 24 tho' not one of her ideas.

Jul 28, 2018
Monmouthshire
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R
Exp
Sus3v I remember this - it really is lovely, don't leave it too long before you pick it up again.

I have had to put the Persian Tiles to one side because they need blocking and my excuse is/was that my spray bottle isn't working. However, I now have a 'posh' one on order which could arrive this week. I only have one blocking board so it could still take some time.

My current easy job is a stripey blanket in a really simple two-row pattern - I suppose I'll keep on until I run out of one of my colours. Inspired by Attic 24 tho' not one of her ideas.
I do still like it, and I will finish it, but I am in a sort of ā€œyou canā€™t make meā€ frame of mind. It seems that, even though I just arrived at 70, I can still think like a three year old - lol.
I have some lovely scarf type yarn which I shall make into an easy peasy scarf type thing like this one... or that one. Probably half way between the two šŸ˜Š

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    835.4 KB · Views: 17
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    753.5 KB · Views: 16

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
I'm doing a "make it up as you go along" lap blanket which I will add to until I run out of yarn. The yarn is discontinued, I scoured the internet and bought the last few balls from "The Cheap Shop" who end of line stuff on ebay. I am not doind squares just round and round and each round gets bigger!

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
I do still like it, and I will finish it, but I am in a sort of ā€œyou canā€™t make meā€ frame of mind. It seems that, even though I just arrived at 70, I can still think like a three year old - lol.
I have some lovely scarf type yarn which I shall make into an easy peasy scarf type thing like this one... or that one. Probably half way between the two šŸ˜Š
Love the colours

Nov 11, 2016
uk, no fixed abode
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
since 2016
Look what my boss made me for my birthday, a patchwork quilt, double, possibly king. I nearly burst into tears, it is ever so beautiful. No two squares are the same. It's taken her two months to make. Just can't believe she'd put all that effort in and then give it to me, she hasn't even made one for her mum yet.

DSC02577.JPG

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back