Ava’s doll now has a dress
0FBBA9A8-B4BB-4B06-AEA8-E29BFAADEBC2.jpeg

Dec 14, 2020
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet
Exp
planning a conversion
I have now added embroidery to my list of crafts that I have yet to get the hang of (top of which is crochet ) .
i taught myself to crochet a couple of years ago and spent most of last year (while furloughed) making blankets for people for xmas. lol. there are some great youtube tutorials out there.

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
I made something at last!
It's knitted from some charity shop mohair wool that I bought because I loved the colour but not very practical. - I hate hand-washing anything. 😂

Here's a link to the pattern:

It's basically a blanket with cuffs so super easy.

FB_IMG_1611317288497.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Look, Ive managed a pair of some sort, Just dont' look too closely :rofl: .

I made the first one too long so thought I could easily rip it out at the toe, nope it didn't rip out easily, ended up cutting it and I couldn't work in reverse so just winged it to taper it to closed again.

Alan has been having a good laugh at my efforts but I'm quite chuffed. :)

IMG_9028.JPG

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Snap so do I Joy the colours are beautiful and they look so cosy I must try and get some thick wool and try making some .What pattern did you use Sandra irnbru
I used this one on youtube but found after my initial measure of 3.5inches my sock ended up too big. I think this might be a mixture of the thick wool and me unknowingly making mistakes and adding on stitches. My 2nd sock turned out better as I made it a few rows shorter. Bought the wool from Poundstretchers. £2.49 and it has 12%wool.

Nov 13, 2017
Pembrokeshire, Greece and everywhere in between
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 750
Morning everyone
It‘s been a while!
I have a question for the knitters.
I was given a set of KnitPro Symphonie interchangeable needles for Christmas, which I love, but two have snapped during normal use - one 3.25mm and one 3.50.
I glued one with some wood glue which claimed to be stronger than the wood it would be fixing, but it snapped again in the same place next time I used it.
Does anyone else have these needles?
I love them but replacements are about £6 a pair which is going to work out pricey if it happens a lot.

Nov 11, 2016
uk, no fixed abode
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
since 2016
Offagain , I haven't got those but have used bamboo needles for years. The only ones I had that snapped were 1.5mm ones with lace knitting which is very heavy on the needles. Are they faulty? Had a quick look and it says they are a composite material rather than pure wood. I have had my bamboo 3.25mm for years and knitted uncountable socks with them. They are now nice and bended, fit my hand perfect.

Nov 13, 2017
Pembrokeshire, Greece and everywhere in between
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 750
Offagain , I haven't got those but have used bamboo needles for years. The only ones I had that snapped were 1.5mm ones with lace knitting which is very heavy on the needles. Are they faulty? Had a quick look and it says they are a composite material rather than pure wood. I have had my bamboo 3.25mm for years and knitted uncountable socks with them. They are now nice and bended, fit my hand perfect.
I also posted the question on a crafty Facebook group on which I did a straw poll prior to putting in my request for them last year.
The responses were positive and everyone who had them loved them so I went ahead.
Several of those who responded to today’s question had also had the same issue and recommended the metal ones instead 🙄.
I still love the idea of them so will replace any broken ones with metal, probably the Zing range.
Shame.

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Mum has finished my throw, except she hasn't! She's going to make it bigger to fit a Kingsize bed. She only has to unpick the edging and crochet another 21 tiles (approx).

Here's the double bed sized (un)finished article.

Screenshot_20210213-194010_Messenger.jpg

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
OMG. That is BEAUTIFUL.

Unpick!!!! Oh no. I'd cry. :(

Don't cry Joy. She's only unpicking the edging 👍.

She's already got the wool to continue. I expect a few photos of the next pieces soon 😊

Cherub

Free Member
Sep 24, 2020
Glen Prosen, Angus, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Compass Avantgarde
Exp
Since 2009
Morning everyone
It‘s been a while!
I have a question for the knitters.
I was given a set of KnitPro Symphonie interchangeable needles for Christmas, which I love, but two have snapped during normal use - one 3.25mm and one 3.50.
I glued one with some wood glue which claimed to be stronger than the wood it would be fixing, but it snapped again in the same place next time I used it.
Does anyone else have these needles?
I love them but replacements are about £6 a pair which is going to work out pricey if it happens a lot.
Yes I’ve used lots of these needles. I got annoyed because they kept unscrewing during knitting so I’ve now changed over to Addi fixed circulars instead. I had a Knitpro Cubics break with me.

Cherub

Free Member
Sep 24, 2020
Glen Prosen, Angus, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Compass Avantgarde
Exp
Since 2009
Mum has finished my throw, except she hasn't! She's going to make it bigger to fit a Kingsize bed. She only has to unpick the edging and crochet another 21 tiles (approx).

Here's the double bed sized (un)finished article.

View attachment 465677
That is one of the most beautiful creations I’ve ever set eyes on. Gorgeous.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back