LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I have my late husband’s aunts button tin some of them are beautiful.
The tin is old and battered so she must have had it a long time I must have had it well over 20 years.

I have my Grandmother's button tin and all sorts of other odds and ends that came from her and my Great-Grandmother. Goodness knows how old they are - and even what some of them are!

I've bought buttons from The Works but not all of them are colour fast. I think they sell them for card making / scrap booking but they are still buttons! Also The Fabric Guild sell buttons.

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Have seen some buttons on ebay, may well do that the next time,but shop I bought from, is a local goup.

Blinking spacebar not working all the time. Not been right since I spilled the wine :ROFLMAO:

Nov 11, 2016
uk, no fixed abode
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
since 2016
Another bit of edging, worked from the short end which makes it easy as I only had a little left and it's hard to predict how much you need for what length. It actually ended up quite a bit longer than I would have thought. That's the size 60 used up, now onto the size 70 oddment.

DSC02015.JPG

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 13, 2017
Pembrokeshire, Greece and everywhere in between
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 750
Mrs Badknee I think your coverlets are absolutely beautiful. Can you remind me of the pattern you used initially. I was looking at the CAL mentioned by Puddleduck above .and wondered whether this was the time to start a project like this. I know I made notes of the various medallion type projects - those with lots of colours - but life got in the way and I've lost/forgotten the names.
If they are the ones I’ve seen recently on the Morning Thread they’re Janie Crow’s Persian Tiles pattern. I’ve got one half finished that I started in the first lockdown, in the evenings when I wasn’t scrubbing. I’m using variegated yarn though - king Cole riot - as I couldn’t be doing with weaving in all those ends!
However it’s currently unfinished as #4 daughter announced she was expecting twin boys so my efforts were redirected to baby blankets. I finished these (bar the sewing in of the ends) while we were away:

49DB2F87-9561-44F5-AB95-31417B962A23.jpeg
01C10BC1-1F05-4ACE-830B-6283341671AB.jpeg

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
I've just caught up in this thread. What a lot of talented Funsters there are.

I've just (within the last two hours) ordered a kit of the Persian Tiles throw for my mum to have something to do during the dark nights. Thanks to Angela Mrs Badknee for the info. I'm going to be the recipient of the finished item so win, win!

My purple throw is languishing in a chest. I'll not be doing any crocheting for the next few weeks, but I doubt that I'll ever finish it anyway 🤔

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
I've just caught up in this thread. What a lot of talented Funsters there are.

I've just (within the last two hours) ordered a kit of the Persian Tiles throw for my mum to have something to do during the dark nights. Thanks to Angela Mrs Badknee for the info. I'm going to be the recipient of the finished item so win, win!

My purple throw is languishing in a chest. I'll not be doing any crocheting for the next few weeks, but I doubt that I'll ever finish it anyway 🤔
What a lovely thing to do Judith (even though you are to be the recipient)
Im sure your mum will enjoy doing it over the dark winter nights.

Nov 13, 2017
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 750
Ok you lovely lot I’m looking for a bit of help here please.
Does anyone have a nice pattern for a crochet or knitted teddy that they’re willing to share with me please? I need it pronto as one of the girls will purchase and deliver me the makings (we’re in lockdown and quarantine) and I need to have it finished by the weekend - no pressure! I’ve looked on Pinterest but nothing inspires me.
A suggestion of an online pattern I can buy would also be good. Preferably one that has been tried and tested as I don’t have time to make one that doesn’t turn out right.

I’ll give you the background - I can talk about it on this thread, but not the morning one as I know there is someone from our area who reads it and #4 daughter doesn’t want it generally known (gossiped) about locally yet.
As some of you will know one of our girls announced to us in May that they were expecting twins. Long story short she had some complications and the boys arrived on 26 September at 24 wks. She was ok but both boys were quite poorly. It’s been an emotional roller coaster since then, as you can imagine, especially with us being away on the boat. She told us not to come back early as with local lockdown (Swansea) and general Covid rules we couldn’t see her or the babies anyway.
Then two weeks later little Archie lost his struggle and we made arrangements to return ASAP.
His funeral is next Tuesday and yesterday evening his mum requested a teddy with his name embroidered on it for the top of the coffin. So I decided I would make one.
Reggie, his brother, is currently relatively stable but every day there is something to keep everyone on their toes whether it’s an infection or collapsed lung or something else. The staff in NICU have been amazing and mum and dad have been given hospital accommodation across from the hospital for as long as they need it, so they don’t need to drive back and forth from Pembrokeshire every day.

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Does anyone have a nice pattern for a crochet or knitted teddy that they’re willing to share with me please? I need it pronto as one of the girls will purchase and deliver me the makings (we’re in lockdown and quarantine) and I need to have it finished by the weekend - no pressure! I’ve looked on Pinterest but nothing inspires me.
A suggestion of an online pattern I can buy would also be good. Preferably one that has been tried and tested as I don’t have time to make one that doesn’t turn out right.

I’ll give you the background - I can talk about it on this thread, but not the morning one as I know there is someone from our area who reads it and #4 daughter doesn’t want it generally known (gossiped) about locally yet.
As some of you will know one of our girls announced to us in May that they were expecting twins. Long story short she had some complications and the boys arrived on 26 September at 24 wks. She was ok but both boys were quite poorly. It’s been an emotional roller coaster since then, as you can imagine, especially with us being away on the boat. She told us not to come back early as with local lockdown (Swansea) and general Covid rules we couldn’t see her or the babies anyway.
Then two weeks later little Archie lost his struggle and we made arrangements to return ASAP.
His funeral is next Tuesday and yesterday evening his mum requested a teddy with his name embroidered on it for the top of the coffin. So I decided I would make one.
Reggie, his brother, is currently relatively stable but every day there is something to keep everyone on their toes whether it’s an infection or collapsed lung or something else. The staff in NICU have been amazing and mum and dad have been given hospital accommodation across from the hospital for as long as they need it, so they don’t need to drive back and forth from Pembrokeshire every day.
Anthea, so sorry to hear your news. Condolences to to your daughter and the rest of the family and best wishes for little Reggie.

Sorry I can't help with a pattern for you.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009

Sending condolences to you and all the family and hope Reggie pulls through.

OP
OP
snailtrailer
Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Motorhomed for almost 7 years - now going nowhere!
Offagain I have been away from this thread for a little while and only just catching up. I did read about Archie and Reggie on the Octopus for a Preemie website but of course, didn't realise it was connected to someone I know. As we say "grow strong little man" and I hope he and his parents are safely home soon. Lovely picture of him with his octopus.

The teddy that immediately comes to mind is the Frontline Hero Bear courtesy of yarn it : darn it. It must be fairly straightforward because people have made lots of them.

OP
OP
snailtrailer
Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Motorhomed for almost 7 years - now going nowhere!
Right - needed to get that message off quickly.

Helen Puddleduck All in a Nutshell looks like another fascinating site which I shall venture into later. I am still with Attic 24 - perhaps not everyday. I had a go at the Christmas CAL but decided it was not for me so instead I am going to make a knee rug in Persian Tiles/Eastern Jewels from one of the Attic 24/Wool Warehouse packs. I love the way the various motif shapes join together. I ordered the Moorland pack which should arrive this week but (don't tell Derek!!!) I have ordered a second pack called Cupcake to give me some duplicate colours. Depending on what other projects get in the way I may do a darkish one for Derek and then one for me. I needed a 3.5mm crochet hook anyway so it made sense to me to make the order up for free delivery :Eeek: :Eeek: :Eeek:

In all this sadness we should still be saying "Congratulations" to Reggie's parents and to Offagain and hope you have lots of happy times ahead with your grandson.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Offagain biggest ever hugs. :(

This is a book I bought from The Works. I am not good at crocheting but have made lots of things from this as the bodies are the same and just the ears, and faces can be changed to make a teddy, monkey, donkey, you name it. I have just tried to photo the pattern but it doesn't work with the tight book. You are welcome to the book if you think it of help? It would be going to good home. Just pm me an address to send it.

Or, I made a purple one for Anthea M.. I will search for that pattern if that is better? Not sure where it is. Anthea dobyou still have a picture of purple ted anywhere please?

Attachments

• IMG_20201027_114026.jpg
    IMG_20201027_114026.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 16

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009

This is a book I bought from The Works. I am not good at crocheting but have made lots of things from this as the bodies are the same and just the ears, and faces can be changed to make a teddy, monkey, donkey, you name it. I have just tried to photo the pattern but it doesn't work with the tight book. You are welcome to the book if you think it of help? It would be going to good home. Just pm me an address to send it.

Or, I made a purple one for Anthea M.. I will search for that pattern if that is better? Not sure where it is. Anthea dobyou still have a picture of purple ted anywhere please?
My lovely Ted sent and made with love Joy XX
9EC7C1EC-9717-4EC2-B44E-D97B3CD62D33.jpeg

Nov 13, 2017
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 750
The teddy that immediately comes to mind is the Frontline Hero Bear courtesy of yarn it : darn it. It must be fairly straightforward because people have made lots of them.

Thank you.
I made several of those in the summer and was thinking I could adapt the pattern.
However I've just received more specific instructions - it must have articulating legs so it can sit down and mustn't be larger than 6" high when sitting, so from top of head to bum.
Puddleduck has sent me links to a very cute pattern so I'll investigate it.

Thanks all x

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988

I’m going to have a look in the works when we get out of lockdown we have one in Carmarthen

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back