LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
@puddlethats very frustrating i've not done a blanket but have done gazillions of ripping out- just console myself with the fact that practice makes perfect but not there by a long way yet lol!
Keep going and pics of the jumpers too when they are done please ?

Martin calls it "the everlasting shawl" as he thinks i have ripped out more than I have kept! lol

OP
OP
snailtrailer
Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Motorhomed for almost 7 years - now going nowhere!
Hello everyone. I'll have to stop shopping in the Big C charity shop!!!
I found a pattern for a man's sweater which I absolutely love (no stocking stitch). Have set myself a target of getting it done by Christmas and ordered the yarn. A few safety rows needed there.
Why do I do it when it's costing almost £50 and I could have bought a ready-made jumper much cheaper - reason - because I can - and convince myself it would cost three times as much from Harrods.

Just finishing off the baby clothes for Katy.

Aug 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hobby 615 af
Exp
2 weeks
These projects are a labour of love for sure- never an exercise in thriftyness!??
We def need pics of that in progress and baby clothes too ? i have seen a pattern today for a crochet blanket that i may have to look into ...................may need to disguise it as an xmas pressie .......?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 13, 2017
Pembrokeshire, Greece and everywhere in between
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 750
These projects are a labour of love for sure- never an exercise in thriftyness!??
We def need pics of that in progress and baby clothes too ? i have seen a pattern today for a crochet blanket that i may have to look into ...................may need to disguise it as an xmas pressie .......?
I think I do it as I like to challenge myself and learn new techniques.
These are bracelets I'm making for the girls for Christmas, two more to make:
20191113_143200.jpg

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
sending :hugs: :hugs: @movan:hugs:

I am in the process of doing an aran for John to buy wuld have cost £150. but it would have been wool not a mix. Al because it is the 'family' pattern.

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
It stems from fishermen being lost at sea, each family had their own pattern so they could at least be identified to a family. It is quite easy for an aran but I seem to have lost my mojo. sister wants a 6" wide soft scarf for Christmas cant even find a childs one, think i will make her a fleece one and knit another, that'll be a blast from the past for her, stopped knitting her something for Christmas nearly 30 years ago.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Saw this on tinternet today and was very taken with it! Aww- am sure she will love that movan, @scotzue -a family tradition, lovely- although traditions can be hard to maintain sometimes!

Wow. Love that. Beautiful patterns.

Aug 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hobby 615 af
Exp
2 weeks
scotzsue well i have learnt something today then- albeit a poignant tale behind the tradition so thankyou. I found some loverly soft yarn for a scarf but i didn't have a pattern- or my glasses so had to leave it where it was -for now! Am guessing your sister will appreciate what you decide to do when that elusive mojo comes back.

Jul 28, 2018
Monmouthshire
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R
Exp
Was a campervanner, now a motohomer
Hope you are all well...
over the past two days (visiting the outlaws), I have :
made three of these :
18552220-9E11-4B02-AFE0-C9F6D67668B6.jpeg

purchased two of thses
92F6D958-EAF2-4B56-96CC-200D9D866D35.jpeg

Been fed to bursting, and will spend an inordinate amount of time on Ravelry and/or Pinterest looking (again) for a lovely shawl/scarf pattern. Then probably go back to one I found earlier. All your lovely posted work has inspired me to bigger things - and I will finish, especially now that I have ”said it out loud“ to you all - lol - I have even invested in a little heap of those stitch marker thingeys ?? And a size 5 crochet hook.
I will be making little stuff for the Christmas fair then start on My Big Project.

big smile, Susan

Aug 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hobby 615 af
Exp
2 weeks
Sounds like you are on a roll! Those purses are very sweet too, make someone happy! There is so much stuff to look at its difficult to know when to stop. Yarn is a lovely colour and looks cosy too. This is a good place to be for inspiration and me going too, bring on your biiiig project!

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
Why do I do it when it's costing almost £50 and I could have bought a ready-made jumper much cheaper - reason - because I can - and convince myself it would cost three times as much from Harrods.

And because yours are better quality and will last many years longer than anything shop bought. My husband still wears sweaters I made him when we were courting so they are about 40 years old!!!!

Every stitch done with love and a blessing.

Aug 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hobby 615 af
Exp
2 weeks
Aww- like a hug from you every time he wears it, my mum used to knit for my dad and if the elbows wore out she would take the arms off and re-knit them using wool she had had the foresight to buy in advance, socks however were re-knitted in anything and i still have her wooden darning mushroom - lovely memories you have storred for me Puddleduck - thankyou! :hugs:

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
The new yarn for the men and boy sweaters has arrived :) The yokes will be BRIGHT!!!!!!! Now I need to get the shawl finished.

I am one of the volunteers at Harrogate Knit and Stitch and the end of November.on the UK Hand Knitting Association Stand. Last year we had a cafe next to us so people could get a drink and sit at the tables we had whilst we talked knitting, answered questions and did demos.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
Aww- like a hug from you every time he wears it, my mum used to knit for my dad and if the elbows wore out she would take the arms off and re-knit them using wool she had had the foresight to buy in advance, socks however were re-knitted in anything and i still have her wooden darning mushroom - lovely memories you have storred for me Puddleduck - thankyou! :hugs:

Leather patches on the elbows were the order of the day in our house.

Grandma M would cut the sleeves off above the worn part and insert a contrast colour. My Uncle had several jumpers with sleeve bands. My Mum used to say he looked like poverty!!

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
Wow everyone has been busy.

I have been making Christmas decs and haven’t been on here too much so fell behind.

I have sold a star garland and got a commission to make another, it won’t make me rich but they are quick to make up and every little helps.

Hope you’re well movan - maybe a few of these may sell on your stall?
A86279CC-76F7-4484-B64D-E5D9EB2434EF.jpeg
D14DF750-288B-4B52-BA2B-7A226C46D457.jpeg

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
scotzsue please let me know if you make it.

We have a pitch booked on the trailer park at Starbeck as Harrogate Caravan Park (by the showground) closes for the winter before the show. The trailer park has mixed reviews so we will see what it is like.

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
There are some seriously cute patterns on here including some Christmassy ones if you scroll down :) movan

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
There are some seriously cute patterns on here including some Christmassy ones if you scroll down :) movan

There’s some gorgeous patterns! Definitely a few I’d like to try.

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
managed to get some nice chenille type yarn today so will be stating sisters scarf later. just need to do a few test rows and work out how many stitches to use, she wants a narrow one maximum 7" so will be a nightmare , might cast on a few hundred stitches and just do a few rows ;)

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Hello all. Thanks for the lovely messages.

Having been sort of stuck in bed/house/van a lot I concentrated on a Christmas present mermaid for little grandaughter.

Hope you are all well..... Hugs to all.

View attachment 345484
Eden will love her as it’s made with so much love Joy.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back