FB_IMG_1574425512606.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
Hello you lovely bunch.
I am doing my first Fayre tomorrow, I have a freaky friend coming with me and as well as attempting to sell my jewellery I will be trying to sell some resin jewellery made by another friend who can't join us due to her elderly border collie needing her.
Julie and I will also be doing some psychic stuff as well......so although I am bricking it a little, I am also looking forward too it.

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Hello you lovely bunch.
I am doing my first Fayre tomorrow, I have a freaky friend coming with me and as well as attempting to sell my jewellery I will be trying to sell some resin jewellery made by another friend who can't join us due to her elderly border collie needing her.
Julie and I will also be doing some psychic stuff as well......so although I am bricking it a little, I am also looking forward too it.
Mrsambulancekidd , good luck for tomorrow. Hope you enjoy the day, too.

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
Hello you lovely bunch.
Good luck ? Post some pictures :)

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Hello you lovely bunch.
Good luck and have a good day

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
For anyone who is going I am helping out on the UK Handknitting Stand Harrogate Knit and Stitch Show on Sat 30 Nov 14:30 to 17:30 and Sunday 1 Dec 13:00 to 16:00. It's stand TG11 (Knitworking) and at the end of Hall C near the tunnel for Hall Q.

Jul 28, 2018
Monmouthshire
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R
Exp
Was a campervanner, now a motohomer
Hello you lovely bunch.
It will be fun. Have a grand day ???

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
Question , I have never been able to learn to crochet . Should i give up or try again ?

I really would like to crochet a granny stripe blanket .

Am I delusional in thinking this is possible ?

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Question , I have never been able to learn to crochet . Should i give up or try again ?

Don't giive up. Persevere. I kept trying and trying. Still not an expert but can bluff my way through to make things. X

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988

No you aren’t being delusional mind you when Pam started this thread I decided to give it a go (I did crochet in my late teens but that was all forgotten)
I really found it hard to pick it up again and can’t remember how many times I nearly threw the lot across the room but I persevered and all of a sudden it clicked into place.
I hate following patterns and quite often do my own thing.
Give it a go :giggle:

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009

Can I send your hooks back and you have a go !?
Hilary taught Angela and she is amazing now!!

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009

I used a YouTube video to learn. I found a project I wanted to make and went from there. It was a boho granny square poncho by annoo in case you’re interested, just 4 squares that you join together so simple. Once I’d finished that I gradually taught myself to read patterns and much later charts. I’ve been hooking for 2 years now.

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs

I’ve never been able to crochet either but might give it another go when I’ve got all the Christmas presents out of the way. I think following a YouTube video is the way to go. I think some wool shops will give 1:1 lessons. I’ve found one , it’s the other side of Totnes from me so a bit of a drive, that charges £10 an hour.

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
I’ve never been able to crochet either but might give it another go when I’ve got all the Christmas presents out of the way. I think following a YouTube video is the way to go. I think some wool shops will give 1:1 lessons. I’ve found one , it’s the other side of Totnes from me so a bit of a drive, that charges £10 an hour.
I found the you tube videos good as you can stop them and go back if you are unsure. :giggle:

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
My daughter complained a few months ago that I didn’t have her baby blanket ( she’s 46, I’ve moved to different countries twice). My mother crocheted it for her—- only thing she ever made her and I had the idea to try and copy it from memory. I think she’d started in the centre, made it into a square and then just kept going until it was about 1 metre x 1 metre. She’d used up oddments of wool I think as it wasn’t traditional baby colours, quite a lot of dark grey and blue. Possible, do you think ?

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
My daughter complained a few months ago that I didn’t have her baby blanket ( she’s 46, I’ve moved to different countries twice). My mother crocheted it for her—- only thing she ever made her and I had the idea to try and copy it from memory. I think she’d started in the centre, made it into a square and then just kept going until it was about 1 metre x 1 metre. She’d used up oddments of wool I think as it wasn’t traditional baby colours, quite a lot of dark grey and blue. Possible, do you think ?
This is one that I made last year. No pattern so it is a bit wonky but it is basically I dc I chain all the way round with 2 dc 2 chains in the corners.
4D1977E8-9028-4B0A-A761-69CD09D6211C.jpeg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back