buckby

Free Member
Sep 6, 2013
nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Whilst we were at the lakes the pipe work on the mh sprung a leak again last time it was the external shower and the fittings in the bedroom cupboard this time I had the heating running and the water got hotter and hotter then I heard a hissing I turned the water heater off and opened the bottom of the cooker and water and steam was coming out form under the shower tray.
Luckily the water went straight out the low level air vent under the cooker I had to break out the speedfit cap ends again and cap off the hot water ran the heater on gas only and it ran a lot better as before on gas and electricity under the bed was really hot almost too hot I suspect that the thermostat for the electric element is not working correctly mh going into dealers next weekend I am a gas engineer and plumber for a living but I haven't got time to look at it I will probably thread the camera under the shower tray tomorrow to see if its a pipe split or a fitting there is no wonder you get damp problems in motorhomes

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Apologies for the like, not worthy of a full thanks, but worth a reaction

I guess I could have just replied!

Good luck with repairs and you are right about no wonder ......

David

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back