Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
Have one of these.
Will suck up the turf if your not careful.
Verg good bit of kit, they also do electric ones.
B036B595-EA41-44CD-9AB8-8CC96688CEA8.png

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 2, 2020
Ladybarn, Manchester, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Travel Van
Exp
We have an old Electric Flymo worked OK on Saturday, even though the leaves were damp.

Wheelie bin now full

Not long before the garden will be full again :crying1:

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Have one of these.
Will suck up the turf if your not careful.
Verg good bit of kit, they also do electric ones.
View attachment 439705
I have had one of those for years now, hardly use it these days, I remember it used to do the job but got very heavy with one hand operation after a while. I used to switch arms/hands, but always wished I had bought the Back Pack one (next model up) as the shoulder straps take the weight leaving the light weight lance to be directed at the leaves.
Much better for a large task & quieter too in the garden.
Ah wll live & learn eh?
LES

Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
We’ve just bought this one for £99 from Screwfix. https://www.screwfix.com/p/titan-tt...um/3044p#product_additional_details_container Only used it on blow so far but it’s excellent. Cleared a large area of leaves very easily. So many leaves! We had a bonfire of fallen branches and the leaves, it was excellent on low for blowing air into the fire to get it started up, too!
I have one of these, works very well but we have far too many leaves to vac up and get rid of, it's the penalty for living on a tree lined road.

Zoobec

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2020
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer PVC
Exp
I have one of these, works very well but we have far too many leaves to vac up and get rid of, it's the penalty for living on a tree lined road.

we were clearing leaves from half an acre of woodland :LOL: We don’t normally bother clearing the leaves tbh but we‘ve just sown new grass on part of it. I think it’s going to be a weekly job for the time being :rolleyes:

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Buy a good blower but don't bother with the vac element, unless its very a small amount it just blocks the shute or soaks the bag in no time. Blow them into a pile and pick em up with something else. big hands scissoring rake etc

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
We have an electric corded Bosch ALS 2500 <Broken link removed> after having petrol ones & much prefer this electric one. We get a lot of fallen leaves so the mulching function is great too.

1605008804143.png

Sep 25, 2009
south yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2004. Tugger 10 years on and off
I have a macalister leaf vac 240v from screwfix only £60.I haven't had any problem with it.Blows well.And then sucks and shreds.I tend to use it mainly on dryish stuff.

Zoobec

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2020
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer PVC
Exp
Buy a good blower but don't bother with the vac element, unless its very a small amount it just blocks the shute or soaks the bag in no time. Blow them into a pile and pick em up with something else. big hands scissoring rake etc

Yes, good advice, I used a snow shovel for shifting our leaves :LOL:

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
Stihl are very reliable.
I'd get a back-pack version (blow only). The weight can become tiring as you get older.
If you have a large area, you need a 'proper' one, rather than a toy.
Don't bother with vacuum. It may seem a good idea but the bags get heavy and don't hold much.
Always blow 'with the wind' or you'll have leaves all over the place.
Electric ones are cheap and light but limit you by the length of the chord. OK for a yard but so is a broom.

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
I've got a Homelite petrol one, does a good job but the vibration gets a bit wearing after prolonged use and you need a torx bit to change it from blow to suck, don't know why the didn't just use a thumb screw for the changeover ?

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
I use a petrol blower to push leaves onto the lawn then collect / mulch them with the mower set high. I did used to vac them up bur as they're invariably wet at this time of year the collection bag became incredibly heavy and dribbled water down my legs. Lawnmower much better.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
I use a petrol blower to push leaves onto the lawn then collect / mulch them with the mower set high. I did used to vac them up bur as they're invariably wet at this time of year the collection bag became incredibly heavy and dribbled water down my legs. Lawnmower much better.
I agree suck 'em up and then we dump the lot into the skip

Helps that we have one of these and well
1605015189253.png

Jan 22, 2020
East Mids
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Tried my neighbours corded leaf vac kit. Absolute rubbish! Was so slow wouldn't bag needed empting so many times.
As I have the awesome Cordless Battery Ego Lawnmower, (would never ever go back to Petrol) I bought their leaf blower kit £120 which uses the same battery. For another £40 I added the gutter attachment.
This is amazing bit of kit which shifts even wet sodden leaves right off the lawn. It even broght loose masonary down from the gutters. As an added bonus I can now blowdry my washed scooter too.
Highly recommend. Cleaned my neighbours gutters and blew his socks off!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back