Layout information for previous motorhome models (1 Viewer)

Jun 22, 2020
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi all, my first post (probably of many!) to ask for some advice. Can anyone help with where to find out information about the layout of previous models of motorhomes? We have a specific layout in mind, but for budget reasons are looking for a van reg between 2011 - 2017 (we would like at euro 5 or 6 engine). Is there a website that might have reviews of different models with specific layouts for each year, or any other way of finding a straightforward way of getting the information?

In the hope that some of you experienced folks could help with some suggestions, we are looking for a van with the following:
- fixed traverse rear bed (preferably double but could be single)
- large rear garage (under bed) enough space for several bicycles plus a lot of other outdoor kit
- overcab bed (double or single suitable for a 6'2" adult) - either fixed in alcove, or a pull down (but has to pull down over cab seats, not a drop down bed in the middle of the van over the lounge / diner)
- kitchen and shower / toilet room in the middle

We seem similar layouts in an older Hymer and new Carado (the A 464 - link: https://carado.com/de/en/our-vehicles/alcoves/a-464 )

But it would be go to see other examples, especially coach built as the a class models might be a bit beyond our budget!

Any advice would be very much appreciated!

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello hellowelcome hopefully someone will be able to help
Good luck with your Search.

Upvote 0
Jul 10, 2018
Worcester(U.K)
Funster No
MH
Tamar Ducato160multi
Exp
Sites like caravan finder.co.uk and motorhomedepot.com
have advanced layout searches but the best site of them all is motohomefun.
Good luck

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

NorthernSands

Free Member
Jun 25, 2019
North Notts
Funster No
MH
Hymer E700
Exp
Since 2016
You’ve just described our Hymer E700, but they were built from the mid-nineties to early 2000s I think.

Most of these are older layouts here (s700.org), but there are some newer ones in there - all Hymer. Layouts don’t generally change much over the years, I don’t think, but model names do, making it harder to know what’s what!

Upvote 0
Apr 24, 2012
Worcester
Funster No
MH
RMB Concorde
Exp
Since 2010
It’s a really good question
i can’t help you with the answer but would like to know!
I want to know the earliest introduction of the split drop down double For the same reasons you state!

Upvote 0

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Practical Motorhome magazine regularly has lists of layouts at the back. To be fair they're usually new models but of course there is often a carryover from older vans.
If you don't want to buy all the back issues they do an online version - or maybe someone has a pile of old issues they don't want....................

Upvote 0
OP
OP
P
Jun 22, 2020
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi all - thanks for the advice, any more suggestions much appreciated.

Based on what we are looking for, there seems to be several A class German models. We also saw an Italian coach built Plasy PLA with a large garage and over an bed.

It would appear that coach built vans are slightly cheaper than A class (not sure if that’s correct?) So any suggestions for finding models of coach built vans with a garage large enough to take a couple of bikes, combined with a traverse rear bed and overcab fixed or pull down bed?

many thanks folks 😀

Upvote 0
Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
What you are after is a standard and popular layout for European based (as opposed to UK) converters in the 2000s and early 2010s. But over the last 10 years its popularity has waned as people now prefer fixed twin singles or Island double bed at the rear. You have given us a very wide year range, but really we need to know what your budget is to be sure.

Hymer tend to keep the same model number for layouts that are similar. I have a Hymer 2015 price list which shows the following models with the layout you are looking for
C class. Exsis-t564, T CL614, ML-T 540 & 560
A class. Exsis-i414, 504, 564 & 644, B594PL, ML-I 540 & 560

I only have info from 2015 for Carthago's A classes, and the layout is shown on their C Compactline 138, C Tourer 138, 142 & 147, Chic C-line 4.2 & 4.7, Chic E-line44, 47 & 49

Upvote 0

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Pocket Rocket you only get 5 free posts and looks like you may need lots more help. Go on, treat yourself to a subscription, it's only £15 pa, and it'll open up the site for all the info and advice you'll ever need including a free download of Jims book "Buying a Motorhome". Can almost guarantee you'll save the cost just by avoiding expensive mistakes!

Upvote 0
Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
It would appear that coach built vans are slightly cheaper than A class (not sure if that’s correct?) So any suggestions for finding models of coach built vans with a garage large enough to take a couple of bikes, combined with a traverse rear bed and overcab fixed or pull down bed?
We had a CI mizar garage it was great
Roller team still do the same/similar layout
The majority of these vans are or should be over 3.5 so you may have problems if you don't have a C1
As well as layout look at payload.
oops forgot, :pink:

Upvote 0
Sep 22, 2017
Funster No
Our third van was a Rapido 9048, I would take a look if I were you. It has the largest lounge area we could find, its massive for 6.5 mt van and super bright and airy. Bathroom just big enough but a lot bigger if you put a curtain across the end of the bench seat and close off the kitchen area, which also is a good size and layout. A bike rack out side and tons more space inside. We found our first two vans great, a Swift Sundance 590RL followed by a Autotrail Cheyene 635, but this van feels even bigger than those inside. For us a feeling of space was the major thing and being an A class it just feels so much more open, and non cloustraphobic in winter. A great van for two but is a four berth and has four belted seats.
Not what you asked about but for two its fantastic. A 2010 model is about £40,000ish

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back