Rally Kelso Rally 16 - 19 June 2017 (1 Viewer)

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
We will be overnighting at the aire in Hawick next Thurs night. Anyone planning on going there?

just looked up Harwick, wrong direction for me, what time can we get on on Friday and when do we need to be off

OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
If you want to help set up then anytime after 10 on Friday, otherwise after 12 noon please. ........ I will check on times for leaving when I speak with them tomorrow

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
There is permissive parking at the big car park in Jedburgh near the tourist information and the bus stances.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Volunteers will be required (cooks etc) for the bring and share BBQ on the Saturday and the Big Brunch on Sunday morning.

Directions to the venue will follow in a day or two but it isn't difficult to find!
Can cook on our BBQ, but it is a gas one so I will need to be parked close so that I can plug into our external gas point.

OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
We also have an external BBQ point and we are planning on bringing a two burner external hob and table. I will ask Steve and Nade (who will do the parking warden thing) to make sure there is a space kept for you near the centre of things. Just let them know it's you :)

Stagman

Free Member
Aug 19, 2015
North Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3yrs
We will be overnighting at the aire in Hawick next Thurs night. Anyone planning on going there?

Beware. The Hawick car park is shut first two weeks or so of june for the fair so i understand from the scottish wildcampers forum.
Worth checking before you get there. you might just miss it....

Mrs Stagman

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Beware. The Hawick car park is shut first two weeks or so of june for the fair so i understand from the scottish wildcampers forum.
Worth checking before you get there. you might just miss it....

Mrs Stagman
I think it was probably my post on the Scottish wildcampers.
I believe the riding will finish this weekend but thx It's a reminder for me to double check(y)

OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
I think it was probably my post on the Scottish wildcampers.
I believe the riding will finish this weekend but thx It's a reminder for me to double check(y)

I've had a quick look but can't find the date at the moment. Will keep looking.

OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
Hawick Common Riding 2017 will be taking place between 4th June to 11th June 2017. The Colour Bussing will take place on Thursday 8th June and the Common Riding Day is on Friday 9th June.

I am not sure how long the funfair stays on after the Common Riding - that might be the issue.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Thanks to you:confused: I have just invested in a new one,(y) so not so many £'s left until I sell the other one:p
What's different to the one you have at present?

OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
I hope that is an accurate forecast @Scout .... I did order a sunny weekend but these things sometimes get forgotten :)

For anyone not wanting to stay at Hawick or Jedburgh on the way to Kelso there is a site at Greenlaw. I think they only accept 2 night bookings 01361 884075 or email reception@blackadder.co

There is also a site at Yetholm:

Kirkfield Caravan Site
Grafton Road
Town Yetholm
Kelso
TD5 8RU

Seasonal Warden
07791291956 (bookings to be made through this number)

There are also CS/CL sites around.

I am going to the venue on Friday to check out where everything is so that when people arrive they can be directed for water etc.

Directions to the venue are to follow later today :)

OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ!

Please come into the venue from the A6089, Racecourse Road, the turning is near the new High School which is under construction. Look for people in hi-vis jackets and silly hats :) I also hope to have a flag or two at the turning from the A6089 up to the racecourse. Unless you are willing to help set up please try not to arrive before 12 noon. Time of vacating to be advised but I think 12 noon at the latest to enable clear-up.

We HAVE to abide by the 6 metre rule so be kind to Steve and Nade when they park you up. If you have any reason to be parked in certain places (eg nervous dog that requires quiet) please let me know in advance so a place can be reserved for you.

PAYMENT: I am putting together information packs and inside there will be an envelope for you to write your name / screen name / reg number and enclose cash. The cost is £10 per van per night. I do not want any money to go through my bank account for obvious reasons and would like a volunteer to help me count and verify cash at some point over the weekend. I will be paying for the rally,in cash, as soon as the racecourse issue the invoice. I will be talking to them when I visit for final arrangements later this week.

DIRECTIONS (from the venue website!)

POSTCODE FOR SAT NAV: TD5 7SX

https://www.google.com/maps/place/K...071066c!8m2!3d55.611884!4d-2.4377957?hl=en-US

By Car

The course is one mile north of Kelso on the B6461 Ednam Road. Kelso is off the A698 by the A68 & A7 from Edinburgh and the A699 from the West.

Directions from Galashiels (Approx 18 miles):
Exit Galashiels heading south on the A7. After 1 mile take the first exit on the roundabout, onto the A6091.

After 4.8 miles take the second exit on the roundabout, onto the A68. After 2.3 miles, turn left onto Main Street. Continue onto B6404. After 5.8, turn right onto B6397. After 2.5 miles, turn right onto A6089. At the next roundabout, take the first exit. After 0.4 miles turn left. (note: beside the new High School currently under construction)

Directions from Edinburgh (Approx 45 miles):
Stay on the A720 (City Bypass) east after the Sherriffhall roundabout, take the A68 exit. After 12.6 miles, take the first exit off the roundabout onto the A697 (Carfraemill). After 7.7 miles turn right onto the A6089. After 12 miles take the first exit from the roundabout. After 0.4 miles turn left. (note: beside the new High School currently under construction)

Directions from Berwick Upon Tweed (Approx 24 miles):
From the A1, take the A698. After 12.4 miles take the second exit on the roundabout onto the A697. After 3 miles, branch left back onto the A698 (Fireburn Mill). After 7 miles take the third exit off the roundabout, onto the A6089. After 1 mile, turn right. (note: beside the new High School currently under construction) - note: follow the signs for Edinburgh!

Directions from Newcastle (Approx 69 miles):
From the A1, take the A696. After 29.8 miles, turn right onto the A68. After 25.4 miles, turn right onto the A698.

After 9.5 miles, take the second exit off the roundabout onto the A6089. After 1 mile, turn right. (note: beside the new High School currently under construction)

OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
If you don't have a rally badge for your vehicle please can you print one from here:

https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/resources/smiley-rally-badge.228/

(screen name please) and display it? It will make life easier for us.

I'll be getting buns, bacon, sausage etc for the Big Brunch on Sunday but if you have special diet needs please let me know ...... veggie and gluten-free etc. There will be separate facilities for special diets so no cross contamination.

OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
6 June Update

1) Puddleduck
2) Irnbru
3) Rupert
4) MrsMack59
5) Ambilkate
6) Ecojoe
7) CWH (maybe)
8) Bryden
9) quickweh
10) Peterc10
11) hoot007
12) normanandsue
13) triclops
14) Scout
15) DLT
16) Antonio
17) simson
18) Allan & Loren
19) Stewart J
20) Clive
21) Someday
22) Neilfg
23) archie2000
24) wizzer59
25) pigginchilli

Maybe

Al-Di

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ!

Time of vacating to be advised but I think 12 noon at the latest to enable clear-up.

Thank you for your detailed driving instuctions, is the departure day Sunday or Monday

EDIT: just re read page 1 monday 19th departure(y)

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back