Kayaking Dumfries & Galloway

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by Kingham, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Kingham

Kingham Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +7,691
    Had a gorgeous evening on an unspecified loch yesterday and was introduced to my first Ospreys in the wild. Their nest was visible from the water and the head of at least one chick could be seen peering out, which made my day :D
    I didn’t photograph the nest, but an adult can be seen flying above the trees in the first picture.

68681411-77F4-4D8C-8AF3-5CAF42D47D39.jpeg

I was sworn to secrecy over the location, as there was a nesting Perigrin in the area too, which we didn’t see last night. I was threatened to be driven in, blindfolded and with a sack over my head, which kind of defeated the object, as it was my turn to drive the car back :LOL:

A811E1A2-E12E-41D6-8317-0668752618B6.jpeg

• Like it Like it x 6
    • Love it Love it x 2
    • Nice One! Nice One! x 1
  2. funflair

funflair Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +15,158
    Lovely Ken(y)

That looks like,

Only kidding, sadly these places have to be kept secret as you say.

Martin

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. ambulancekidd

ambulancekidd Funster

Ratings:
    +9,895
    Cracking photo's Ken & I'm pretty certain of where you are, well done for keeping it quiet. (y)The good weather really makes things more pleasurable.:):)

We have a nesting pair of ospreys at Loch Doon & The Round House Café there has a viewing camera live feed into the café. The place is owned by a mate of mine called Brian, he's a top bloke. We can sometimes see the ospreys circling on thermals from our living room.
    If you fancy kayaking on Loch Doon there is some truly remarkable history associated with the place, try googling it & see what you think?

• Thanks Thanks x 1