Just bought a ford buccaneer (1 Viewer)

johno60

Free Member
Dec 25, 2010
Funster No
Hi
Just bought a Ford Buccaneer on a 51 plate and during the thaw i have discovered the roof leaks, anyone got any ideas what i could use to repair it? i am just getting into the motorhoming fun.

Also i plan on going to france in a couple months and down to paris which sat navs are best? as i've heard of a few issues with some.

thanks in advance

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
Snap!!!!!! I am going to use Sikaflex on mine as soon as I can get on it mine has only just appeared so hopefully not too much damage, it is dripped in the bathroom corner not a lot tho. BTW which is yours I got a Buccaneer Clipper also on a 51 plate Oh yes welcome to the fun :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb: Cheers Rob W

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Welcome to Fun... Happy Christmas...do you know where your roof is leaking?...

and TOMTOMS ROOL ok (no matter what anyone says to the contrary...:ROFLMAO:)

JJ

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
J

johno60

Free Member
Dec 25, 2010
Funster No
Hi Wasp
thanks, mines a clipper as well. i thought i saw a little bit of damage but was not sure. mines dripping in the bathroom.

have you seen those swivel chairs you can fit i'm thinking of installing one in the new year.

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
I`ve got a swivelling passenger seat bought from O`Learys, it gives you loads of extra room, the only pain is the seat belt is attached to it . Where abouts are you in the country I am in Mansfield.::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

OP
OP
J

johno60

Free Member
Dec 25, 2010
Funster No
Well i suppose someone has to be from mansfield, i live in warsop well
market warsop (said in a posh voice)

I may treat the wife and kid to disney land for our first trek out in in, can you park on site?

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
Yes you can park in the car park it`s about 20 euros a night now there are showers there but no hook ups also you have to pay daily although you can get the daily ticket at the kiosk near Disney village, there is also a little supermarket in the railway station,if you buy an annual pass the parking is free. :Smile::Smile::Smile::Smile::Smile:

OP
OP
J

johno60

Free Member
Dec 25, 2010
Funster No
Dont think i can put up going there all the time lol. with a 6 month old its going to be fun as it is lol

where in mansfield are you? not any rough council estates?

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
We are off Nottingham Road opposite Sainsburys We took our grandson in November it was freezing but he really enjoyed meeting the characters he was 5 months old . Where are you in warsop:Smile::Smile::Smile::Smile:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi John & welcome :thumb:
If the roof is alloy then sikaflex will be good :thumb: but I think the roof is fiberglass/plastic ? if that's the case you are going to need caraseal or similar because sikaflex does not stick to plastics very good ( sticks at first but lets go after a while :whatthe: ) I would try a couple of local overnight trips to get used to your van before Disney :thumb:
DID you know the van was leaking before you bought it ? private or dealer ? if dealer take it back and let them fix it :thumb:
I hope it is just a simple fix like resealing a panel joint :winky: but sometimes it can get very expensive to fix a leaking van.
enjoy :thumb:
terry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back