Just booked ferry to Spain (1 Viewer)

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Just booked Brittany Ferries one way to Spain in May in the RV £720, this saves around 800 miles which with the cost of the fuel from Calais plus the Dover Ferry means theirs little difference.
I was going the Calais route as the wife isn't keen on ferries and its a 24 hour sailing, but we need to be in Lisbon for the 9th for a wedding that my daughter and husband are invited to. They can't leave work any sooner and I just can't drive 1200 miles in around 6-7 days. Getting old.:xsad::xgrin:

Need somewhere to park for the night on the route to Madrid, thought we would have a day there before continuing on to Lisbon, any recommends free or otherwise?

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
https://www.campingaranjuez.com

About 20miles south of Madrid. Lots of large pitches. Reasonable restaurant/bar.

About 15minutes walk to the station and I think about 5 euro's fare to the centre of Madrid but takes about 50 mins.

The town is nice and what used to be the Royal palace and gardens are next door to the site.

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Another vote for Aranjuez. We were there in our 12 metre Yankee, they have some long pitches, worth booking and mentioning your length. Also as said the Royal palace in walking distance is a good visit!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
My vote for Aranjuez too. It’s south of Madrid. If you take the palace tour you can see many of the elements copied from the royal palace in Madrid.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back