LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
Great site Keith right in town. It is a self booking in system where you go into the little room to the right of reception and enter your details (booking ref etc.) beware it is a bit slow so give it time. It will then ask for payment and throw out a barrier card. You then have to validate and activate the card and again this takes time. Ours did not activate but there is an option to activate a card also if yours fails. You can then enter and set up on site, it is also possible to extend your stay using the same machine if you need to.

The facility block is through the second barrier onto the camp site part and to the left, it looks a bit like an industrial estate office block (to us anyway) and the WC point is on the right of the main doors of the block, you need your card to get into the facility block but not the WC point, dump and fill facilities on the R/H side of entrance.

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
Maybe because you are not a leper you can only book for two days to stop you catching leprosy from the other campers? Just a theory.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
In winter there are no facility's apart from water and dump
We stay near to the railway station on the rugh car park next to it many of the museum bar restaurants are still open during the winter many of them let you park up as long as your drinking ther beer
Bill

Sep 12, 2016
Chesterfield England Tellus 3
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
6 years
Strange pricing system
7€ for a touristic plot but you can have a tent/caravan/camping car on a touristic plot
or
4€ for a tent
12€ for a camping car plot

or is it 7€ + 12€ for a camping car not really clear

they also have a Stellplatz at 15€ next door

anyone put me right on prices

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
Strange pricing system
7€ for a touristic plot but you can have a tent/caravan/camping car on a touristic plot
or
4€ for a tent
12€ for a camping car plot

or is it 7€ + 12€ for a camping car not really clear

they also have a Stellplatz at 15€ next door

anyone put me right on prices
I think this time of year only the Stelplatz is open.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
dont think anyone would move you from down by the canal this time of year.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
I'm pretty good with languages and pretty good with techno but the setup here is just astounding. The machine gives you a card which you then have to put back in the same machine to validate WTF, really I dont think this one is me! Bizarre system.

Jon

joka250

Free Member
Jul 29, 2017
Fylde Coast.
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1985
Parking by canal now forbidden, we were there recently, and they appear to be enforcing it. As @MichaelT said only stellplatz open thro winter €15 per night. Toilet waste is through the campsite to closed shower block but is open. Care taking on fresh water, every time we go in winter we see black waste in grey point and people swilling cassette at fresh tap.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
keithchesterfield2
Oct 16, 2018
CHESTERFIELD DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
PILOTE
Exp
Long enough
Many thanks for all the helpful replies.

We have booked online a few nights on the Aire and have had our reservation confirmed with payment on arrival.

€15 a night including hook-up and the normal fresh water and waste disposal facilities.

Great position for access to the town and also dog walks around the Zillebeke pond and visiting on foot the Military Cemeteries in the area.

This is one I did a few years ago when we first stopped in Ypres - https://youtu.be/Y8onhUA420s

:france: :france: :france: :france:

joka250

Free Member
Jul 29, 2017
Fylde Coast.
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1985
Was asking for in the normal opening season as the pricing is a little strangely described
I think the confusion arises as their are 2 ways of using site in season. 1 way is to use the campsite (tents, caravans, and motorhome) at €20 per night but in season only or 2nd is a stellplatz for motorho mes only at €15 per night available all year.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back