Jenbens Couch to 5k running and walking together - come and join in (1 Viewer)

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
I have just started the couch to 5k challenge and wondered if anyone else fancied joining in ?

It’s an NHS App , free to use and has a 9 week programme to get you running 5k (3 miles).

Anyone is welcome to join in.

If you don't fancy running you could use the app to increase your walking speed and encourage you to walk a bit further.

The nhs details are below , you can download it as a podcast or an App, I am currently running with my friend Hilary along with a Sarah Millican (her) and Jo Whiley (me) talking us through our running sessions.

All are welcome to be a running and walking buddy with us.

We are on week 1 of the programme .

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Will give it a go but I’m in training for this one at the moment :)
Seriously tho looks a good app and will check it out
Good luck 👍

BF2C529B-11BD-4B43-B163-2D0309110216.jpeg

Sep 10, 2017
Funster No
Be very careful with things like this it can get very addictive.

You will end up next to me on the start line of this otherwise!

Good on all of you that do it, a good reason to get out right now as well as being good for you.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
  • Does it need you to listen to the whatever-it-is as you're out on your walk/ run? what if you haven't got a suitable thingumabob?
  • What happens when the weather's so foul that you actually can't go out without either [1] drowning or [2] getting blown away or [3] freezing?
  • How do you get back up the hill when there aren't any buses till next time somebody down your road has a kid that's grown up to school-age? (currently about 4 years unless we can bribe somebody to move out, and somebody with children to move in)

OP
OP
Jenben

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
  • Does it need you to listen to the whatever-it-is as you're out on your walk/ run? what if you haven't got a suitable thingumabob?
  • What happens when the weather's so foul that you actually can't go out without either [1] drowning or [2] getting blown away or [3] freezing?
  • How do you get back up the hill when there aren't any buses till next time somebody down your road has a kid that's grown up to school-age? (currently about 4 years unless we can bribe somebody to move out, and somebody with children to move in)
You can do it without the app but it is easier on timing if you have it downloaded. We have just got it to remind us to walk or run at set points, inbetween it is silent so we can chat to each other.

You could simply follow the plan using your watch to remind you when to walk or run.

It is a 9 week programme but you can choose how you do it and it just suggests how many times a week you need to commit but leaves it up to you as to when you choose to run.

We dont have any buses either and so choose our route to wave at friends as we trundle past their houses ::bigsmile:

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Haven't got a bus or a thingummybob so might just have to read any suggestions on the plan & then wing it.
Our loop road that I walk is 6.27k so a perfect distance.
I'll try to keep up with the rest of you!

OP
OP
Jenben

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
Good on you Jenben
Young Archie and I started week 3 this afternoon. Starting to feel the benefits already.
Look forward to the nights starting to draw out soon. We look like a pair of French vigilantes in our high viz jackets and bobble hats.

View attachment 457995
Love the photo , I have a luminous orange top that I wear which glows in low light conditions , I will post a photo of it on my next run .

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
You can do it without the app but it is easier on timing if you have it downloaded. We have just got it to remind us to walk or run at set points, inbetween it is silent so we can chat to each other.

You could simply follow the plan using your watch to remind you when to walk or run.

It is a 9 week programme but you can choose how you do it and it just suggests how many times a week you need to commit but leaves it up to you as to when you choose to run.

We dont have any buses either and so choose our route to wave at friends as we trundle past their houses ::bigsmile:

I'm going to have to do it without the app cos it's not available to me in my location 🙁

OP
OP
Jenben

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
I'm going to have to do it without the app cos it's not available to me in my location 🙁
Will the podcast work for you Judith ?

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
Graduated just before Christmas and found C25k a really excellent program. Only trouble for me was that I went on the third of my post grad runs on Christmas day and towards the end of the run, my right leg started hurting. By the time I reached the 5 minute warm down walk, I was hobbling it was so painful.
That was on Christmas day. Nearly three weeks later, still hobbling!

Feb 5, 2020
Crosby
Funster No
MH
Smileo 202
Exp
Was a Newbie but getting the hang of it now.
Blew my knee out on the second week

OP
OP
Jenben

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
How is everyone getting on? Hoping well. Keep it up! However, go careful if you have snow/ice conditions 👍👍🏃‍♂️🚶‍♂️🏃‍♀️🚶‍♀️
Well I am on week 2 ! I must admit it’s an intermittent challenge and we aren’t doing as well as we would like as my running friend who is doing it with me unfortunately has a very ill family member so I am trying to run when it suits her schedule .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back