LIFE MEMBER
Sep 11, 2018
Nr Bath
Funster No
MH
Sunlight C600 pvc
Exp
Since the late 70's
I put a deposit down for a CMF transverse motorcycle trailer yesterday. I have a Triumph Bonneville, which I will probably change for a scooter.
A rack would have been my ideal, but the long overhang on my Hymer makes it very marginal for the back axle weight limit. Even with a 125 Scooter.
It’ll be fun reversing such a short trailer. But I have two cameras, high up and next the the number plate to watch it.

I have threads found in this section to thank for leading me down this route. If it proves right or wrong, thanks to all.

Wikky

Free Member
Aug 6, 2020
Cambridge
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Since 2003
I put a deposit down for a CMF transverse motorcycle trailer yesterday. I have a Triumph Bonneville, which I will probably change for a scooter.
A rack would have been my ideal, but the long overhang on my Hymer makes it very marginal for the back axle weight limit. Even with a 125 Scooter.
It’ll be fun reversing such a short trailer. But I have two cameras, high up and next the the number plate to watch it.

I have threads found in this section to thank for leading me down this route. If it proves right or wrong, thanks to all.
I use an Armitage transverse trailer but I don't reverse with it except in a generally straight line. The technique seems to be go very slow and watch the position of the trailer very carefully.
I use it for a Suzuki GSR600 and a Suzuki Burgman 400 maxi scooter.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
I use an Armitage transverse trailer but I don't reverse with it except in a generally straight line. The technique seems to be go very slow and watch the position of the trailer very carefully.
I use it for a Suzuki GSR600 and a Suzuki Burgman 400 maxi scooter.
I agree, as the saying goes, more haste, less speed.
A reversing camera is recommended as well. If the trailer starts going in a direction that you don't want, stop, go forward to straighten up and then start again.

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
I saw a sideways trailer on a French van that was connected to the van by two tow balls. The wheels were basically very large casters. When reversing it just went where the driver sent the back of the motorhome. I don’t know what make it was but it did look a very simple solution.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back