Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Brian & Joyce

Glad to see the van is going to be fixed and in the long run it's better for it to go back to the factory. Doing all them tedious laborious jobs around the house will soon make the time fly:ROFLMAO:

You could always get one of them planes out and twiddle the sticks.

We look forward to meeting up again with both of you, stay safe

Dane & Hazel

OP
OP
icantremember

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Brian & Joyce

Glad to see the van is going to be fixed and in the long run it's better for it to go back to the factory. Doing all them tedious laborious jobs around the house will soon make the time fly:ROFLMAO:

You could always get one of them planes out and twiddle the sticks.

We look forward to meeting up again with both of you, stay safe

Dane & Hazel

Hi Dane & Hazel, I hope you are both in good form.

I know you have been through this with Swift and remember you saying how good they were to you. So far I'm quite impressed as they seem to want to help where possible. We were originally going to drive the van up to Hull and return home in the day but I decided it was going to mean a very early start and too much driving. I phoned them yesterday morning and they were quick to say they would book us accommodation over night:thumb:

We are going to Misterton so will not be able to go to the Tattingstone meet this time but hope to see you both very soon.

Brian & Joyce

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Hello Brian & Joyce.

Is this to do with the crazing on the rear fibreglass panels, which you pointed out to us at Stratford last June?
If it is, I can't believe it hasn't been sorted out before now. :Angry:

Good luck with the arrangements you and Joyce have agreed with Swift. Peter, (the top man there), is a very nice chap, and is dedicated to customer satisfaction, so don't hesitate to get in touch with him if you feel that you may be getting the run around.

All the best with it Brian & Joyce,

Jock & Rita.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
They said they'd want ours for 8 weeks too - forget it , especially with Xmas and New Year holiday in the middle, said the dealer.

So we took the van to the dealer and had just commenced to forget it (about 10 days) when Swift rang asking us to go and fetch it! - a fortnight before Xmas .....

They were brill, and yes they do pay your mileage, except we probably wouldn't get it till after Xmas blah blah. 2 days later we had the cheque!

And they fixed some things we didn't know about (because they check absolutely everything - the seal round the external door of a locker and an electrical issue) plus a couple of additional items which weren't the 'case in point' either although they were both warranty issues - a top sidelight had filled with water (That can go straight back to the supplier! said Swift) plus the corner moulding in the bathroom had 'jumped out' of the retaining clip - we asked 'How do you put this back in? - we've been a bit doubtful doing anything as we didn't want to crack it' - straight back in the workshop again, then having done it, they told us how.

They were absolutely ace.

OP
OP
icantremember

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Hello Brian & Joyce.

Is this to do with the crazing on the rear fibreglass panels, which you pointed out to us at Stratford last June?
If it is, I can't believe it hasn't been sorted out before now. :Angry:

Good luck with the arrangements you and Joyce have agreed with Swift. Peter, (the top man there), is a very nice chap, and is dedicated to customer satisfaction, so don't hesitate to get in touch with him if you feel that you may be getting the run around.

All the best with it Brian & Joyce,

Jock & Rita.

Hi jock & Rita,

This is certainly about the cracks you saw at Stratford, only at that time I didn't realise they had already been sprayed over by Swift before we took delivery of the m/h, so this has caused the delay.

I take it you refer to the head guy at Swift being Peter Smith and I will have no hesitation drawing him in if I have any problems now. However I have to say that I know it's all a bit overdue but they do seem to be pulling out the stops now and we are looking forward to getting back on the road.

Hope to see you soon,

Brian & Joyce

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
Let me explain my rather vociferous stance..

If Swift had sorted out the van and accepted there was an issue when it was first brought to their attention ( as in when it was still almost new ! ) and Brian was told 8 weeks without it ( and remember he is still paying the road tax and insurance on the vehicle which, going by average insurance costs etc will come to about ÂŁ90 for the suggested two months, has had to pay for diesel ( lord knows how much ) to travel to sort it out ) would folk still say they were doing a good job if no suitable loaner was at the very least offered ?

I also stand by my conviction that any worthwhile organisation should be able to comprehensively repair [HI]ANY defect on their own vehicle in a few days.. a week at most[/HI]
Sorry.. I stand by my conviction

I had a new Coachman Pastiche in 2004, it developed a crack across the rear panel, Glossop Caravans collected it on a low loader and it was ready with a complete new rear end in less than a week, it can be done:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
icantremember

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
They said they'd want ours for 8 weeks too - forget it , especially with Xmas and New Year holiday in the middle, said the dealer.

So we took the van to the dealer and had just commenced to forget it (about 10 days) when Swift rang asking us to go and fetch it! - a fortnight before Xmas .....

They were brill, and yes they do pay your mileage, except we probably wouldn't get it till after Xmas blah blah. 2 days later we had the cheque!

And they fixed some things we didn't know about (because they check absolutely everything - the seal round the external door of a locker and an electrical issue) plus a couple of additional items which weren't the 'case in point' either although they were both warranty issues - a top sidelight had filled with water (That can go straight back to the supplier! said Swift) plus the corner moulding in the bathroom had 'jumped out' of the retaining clip - we asked 'How do you put this back in? - we've been a bit doubtful doing anything as we didn't want to crack it' - straight back in the workshop again, then having done it, they told us how.

They were absolutely ace.

Thanks Jenny, this is good to hear......I'm pleased to say that the vast majority of folk I have heard from have all said how good Swift have been. Having said that I expect the doom mongers will now jump out of the woodwork with their stories of woe:Doh:

When we were at the factory yesterday they looked over the van and pointed out one or two other items they say will be fixed while it's with them.

Best wishes, Brian

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back